• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big shipment of PS4 at Target today?

GobFather

Didn't everyone say that the NPD for December was coming out Yesterday? Is it out yet? Where can I find out? Thanks everyone :)

Beant

Didn't everyone say that the NPD for December was coming out Yesterday? Is it out yet? Where can I find out? Thanks everyone :)

It comes out today! Stay tuned, it will be out in
t1389915000z1.png

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Is that a sale tag on KZ shadowfall indicating it was reduced from $59.99 to.... $59.99?

Nah the store prints really small price tags, so they have the "hang tag" printed to show a new stock item, or a recently added item.

Hence why they have it on the PS4. So old man mcgrudder walks by and can see the hang tang versus a very small price tag he'd have to lay on the floor to read.

As well during advertisements, the hang tags say "AS ADVERTISED" meaning it was something they shown in the weekly advertisements.

cilonen

It comes out today! Stay tuned, it will be out in
t1389915000z1.png

Back when MS announced 3 million didn't they say they would not be commenting on sales further until 3rd quarter earnings release on the 29th Jan?

I wonder what PR we'll get from MS today, and Sony for that matter, they didn't say jack shit about November's numbers on Nov NPD day IIRC.

Beant

Back when MS announced 3 million didn't they say they would not be commenting on sales further until 3rd quarter earnings release on the 29th Jan?

I wonder what PR we'll get from MS today, and Sony for that matter, they didn't say jack shit about November's numbers on Nov NPD day IIRC.

My guess is if MS sold more next-gen consoles they will tell the world they did, but maybe not the actual number sold. How could major nelson resist putting out some good news that doesn't require a spin cycle? Sony wont put out hard numbers either way, but will probably say something if they sold more consoles.

Geoff tweeted this back when MS released the 3m number

https://twitter.com/geoffkeighley/status/420242307149885441

Geoff Keighley Verified account ‏@geoffkeighley

Xbox says it won't be updating sales numbers again until Jan 23 w/ earnings announcement. Not sure what that means for NPD numbers.

Geoff Keighley Verified account ‏@geoffkeighley

Xbox says it won't be updating sales numbers again until Jan 23 w/ earnings announcement. Not sure what that means for NPD numbers.

Geoff, stop being coy, we all know exactly what that means.

Abdiel

All Best Buys are supposed to get a shipment of PS4's to hold for Sunday's ad.

Quoted to confirm. Our district has them available in the warehouse, all held for Sunday. They are telling customers that call that they are still on order. There's already people asking how early they should be there for Sunday morning line.

Quoted to confirm. Our district has them available in the warehouse, all held for Sunday. They are telling customers that call that they are still on order. There's already people asking how early they should be there for Sunday morning line.

That's intriguing. I'm curious how stock in the wild is doing. We've started seeing some in the wild for once albeit they still seem to be selling pretty well

Abdiel

That's intriguing. I'm curious how stock in the wild is doing. We've started seeing some in the wild for once albeit they still seem to be selling pretty well

I can't speak for target and such, I just know that our stores sell out the day they go on the floor. I haven't seen a day where the ps4 stayed in stock overnight yet. S'crazy

Anecdotal, but demand seems to have dropped off a cliff in New Zealand. You can pretty much walk in and get one at major retailers. A friend who works at JB Hi-Fi is pretty much begging people to come in and pick one up. Seems like the early adopters swooped in and post Christmas everyone is re-evaluating priorities. I know I was going to pick one up but decided to clear some debts instead.

It should go without saying that that goes for the Xbox One as well.

noobie

Banned
Anecdotal, but demand seems to have dropped off a cliff in New Zealand. You can pretty much walk in and get one at major retailers. A friend who works at JB Hi-Fi is pretty much begging people to come in and pick one up. Seems like the early adopters swooped in and post Christmas everyone is re-evaluating priorities. I know I was going to pick one up but decided to clear some debts instead.

i think i read PS4 is ordered for Feb./March in Australia.. i know Aus & NZ are not one and the same but they must have pretty identical situation.

sono

They are still really hard to find in the uk, and when they do come in they sell out fast. Argos appears to be place to get them here.when they come in.

Amazon uk are stating Jan 25 for next batch

i think i read PS4 is ordered for Feb./March in Australia.. i know Aus & NZ are not one and the same but they must have pretty identical situation.

Nope. Could have walked in yesterday and got one easily. I asked around 3pm and they had 23 in stock. Was tempted.

Again, it's a luxury item, it's after Christmas, and the hype has died down. Won't represent anything more than one country; just found it interesting.

Look forward to seeing the Trade Me scalpers take a hit.

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. None of the retailers have even had them in stock, and JBhifi are sold out and taking pre-orders for the next shipment.

Yes, it's the same situation here.

It's sold out everywhere in the UK.

Amazon says they're getting a shipment in on January 30th now on the store page though, so people might want to try that.

Rubenov

Weird.

Even though there are some available in the wild they're going for higher prices on ebay compared to last month.

Nope. Could have walked in yesterday and got one easily. I asked around 3pm and they had 23 in stock. Was tempted.

Again, it's a luxury item, it's after Christmas, and the hype has died down. Won't represent anything more than one country; just found it interesting.

I have got to say, it seems ridiculous they're so generously stocked in NZ/AUS where the prices are so high, the barrier to entry and adoption rate is always higher and slower respectively.

Surely some of that stock would be useful in the UK and US.

Anyway, I guess hindsight is 20-20 or whatever they say. Just annoying for more than a handful of people here in the UK.

noobie

Banned

Sorry, but that's complete bollocks. None of the retailers have even had them in stock, and JBhifi are sold out and taking pre-orders for the next shipment.

Wander whom i should be believing..
Btw there is no online stock check availability for Australia.?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ebgames.co.nz is preordering for January 30th but maybe preordering counts as "begging".

Chobel

Yes, it's the same situation here.

Oh man! this is begging the question, who to believe here?

Replicant

More like won't represent anything than your anecdotal experience, assuming it's true in the first place, given that 2 people above me have stated otherwise.

In the Netherlands retailers dont even want to give a date of when the next shipment arrives, ive seen estimates of 8-12 weeks. Never should have given up my launch day preorder :(

spwolf

More like won't represent anything than your anecdotal experience, assuming it's true in the first place, given that 2 people above me have stated otherwise.

well, it will be fully stocked soon enough, it is just question of when... month or two max.

and yeah, it is still silly when someone reports retailers are "begging" for customers, after they didnt have any stock for 2 months.

bebop242

I saw something kinda peculiar at my local Walmart. Didn't get a chance to take a picture (too many employees around) but they took the effort in covering up their system shelf cases. Instead of walking up to and being able to look what they have in stock, they covered the glass with a thick, dark blue felt that had a large yellow Walmart stinkstar symbol on it. You can not see past it into the case and see whats in it. Also noticed that the price tags for those cabinets has prices for the 360, One, and PS3. Didn't see a PS4 price tag anywhere.

Thought it was weird.

Replicant

well, it will be fully stocked soon enough, it is just question of when... month or two max.

and yeah, it is still silly when someone reports retailers are "begging" for customers, after they didnt have any stock for 2 months.

I find it suspicious because I live in Sydney, Australia and my friend who ordered since November still hasn't got one. He said JB expects to get some in February but he's not sure if it's enough to include him. Not only that, I can't find any PS4 in any store. Unless, of course, the ones that import from the US and charge hefty prices like those game shops in Chinatown. They have 1-2 units for sale obviously.

So someone saying that NZ actually fully stocked while in reality Australia is high and dry is just downright unbelievable. Not to mention 23 consoles? Yeah, I want to see the receipt.

And also what you said, the begging thing after 2 months of no stock sounds like outright lies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Haha, I almost feel like I have to go down and buy one now. I'm not sure they'd just let me take pictures. Closest I can show for now is this tweet from yesterday:

Why not? Just do it discretely. This isn't the cereal box aisle at grocery stores.

Chobel

Haha, I almost feel like I have to go down and buy one now. I'm not sure they'd just let me take pictures. Closest I can show for now is this tweet from yesterday:

https://mobile.twitter.com/oconnomiyaki/status/424336689234862082?p=v

Store opens soon but I have a flat inspection. Might just call up and ask.

Thank you, I'm reading his tweets now. You said the hype has died down, but appears they got the new stock only two days ago https://twitter.com/MattW_JBnz/status/423926383174119425

Can you ask him how many PS4s did they get?

Amir0x

Banned
Just snap one quickly. What are they going to do, throw you out of the store? If they tell you stop, it'll already be too late, and it's not like they're going to confiscate your phone.

It's not like you're doing something that hurts anybody. It's just a photo of some PS4s :p

Chobel said:
You said the hype has died down, but appears they got the new stock only two days ago https://twitter.com/MattW_JBnz/statu...26383174119425

His wording actually implies the opposite of what oconnomiyaki has said about the hype dying down, and this guy is in the retail of selling PS4's, so he'd be more intimate with that knowledge.

The manager is on holiday, but I am friends with another guy that works there. I'll see if he's working today. Maybe that way I can get a stock level AND a picture. I might even ask him to take the picture and email me as I'm lazy. :p

Store opens in an hour and a half. Can't be assed chasing up other stores in person but I may call around.

Chobel

His wording actually implies the opposite of what oconnomiyaki has said about the hype dying down, and this guy is in the retail of selling PS4's, so he'd be more intimate with that knowledge.

Don't you see? He's begging people to buy PS4 =P

Apparently they got in a shipment and 24 were walk-ins. Two days later they had 23. He said when I asked that pre-orders had dropped off after Christmas. You could also order from a second shipment coming on Dec 20. Plus a friend of mine got talked into a PS4 by staff at the Westfield Mall. So they're hardly all spoken for in the months to come.

Top Bottom