• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien |OT|

stuminus3

Good news, the Wii U patch has fixed the crashing bug (among other things)! I've tested it out on my system and it now works perfectly, and Alex Neuse himself confirms they've fixed the crash bug on Miiverse. I've been pissed at Nintendo and blaming it on their shitty Wii U OS this whole time so I'm thrilled Gaijen were able to work it out for themselves.

On the subject of Miiverse, being able to communicate with the devs via the system itself is cool.

VanWinkle

Better come to 3DS also then, or I'm gonna rage.

Doesn't make sense to release for Vita but not 3DS, when the entire previous Bit.Trip series is on 3DS already, and not to mention the installed base size vs. Vita.

The game is MUCH more graphically intensive than the first Runner, so it doesn't surprise me that it's not on 3DS.

Ugh. They changed the "boxart" for the game on 360 (maybe PS3 too; I don't know). It has a few review scores, and a "first must-have game of 2013" quote, so I guess that's the main reason they changed it, but the problem is they used completely different artwork. It looks awful; like a shitty XBLA Indie game. The previous "boxart" was great, so they should have re-used that.

Bgamer90

Banned
Ugh. They changed the "boxart" for the game on 360 (maybe PS3 too; I don't know). It has a few review scores, and a "first must-have game of 2013" quote, so I guess that's the main reason they changed it, but the problem is they used completely different artwork. It looks awful; like a shitty XBLA Indie game. The previous "boxart" was great, so they should have re-used that.

Heh, yeah I noticed that too.

Salsa

got the game today, my thoughts on it:

Runner 2 is unsurprisingly brilliant

that said, I dont know how I feel about the "triple perfect+" method

it just feels like cheap replayability. Not only do I have to shoot the cannon 3 times, wich can be random, but also it should give me the 3 perfects once I perfect the level on Hard, instead of making me go back and play 2 other easier versions of that level

it's silly

other than that great

I picked this up over the weekend and blasted through it on normal in a day or two. Now I'm going back and working my way through hard. I'm seriously surprised at just how good this game is, it's incredibly addictive and it feels so satisfying to nail a perfect run. The way the music picks up as you go is a great touch, especially since I'm playing mostly on the GamePad with headphones.

One of the real underrated gems of 2013 for me so far.

jetjevons

Bish loves my games!
The game aesthetic is so relaxing but the gameplay is so demanding. Split second timing everywhere. Just eroding my self confidence one failure at a time.

Game looks really pretty. Got Bit.Trip Saga on my 3DS and I'll give this a go. I'd like it for WiiU.

The Wii U version is the best one out of the four platforms it's out on now, it's the one with the best graphics (for the art style) and the music sounds the best on it. Waiting for it on Vita myself though.

Lynd7

NFreak

Looks like some new people are experiencing this game. It's fantastic. I wonder how many high scores I still have in the first world on the Wii U version.

llehuty

Out in the EU eShop. Only 12€! (It's 14€ on Steam)

Going to play this and Xenoblade for the rest of the month. Is this gaming heaven?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
good price, I could seriously pick it up on the Wii U.
any impression on this version? offtv? definition output? framerate?

BIT.TRIP PRESENTS... RUNNER2: FUTURE LEGEND OF RHYTHM ALIEN NOW AVAILABLE ON THE EUROPEAN Wii U™ eShop

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. – April 11, 2013 – Gaijin Games, an independent video game development studio, today released BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien on the European Wii U eShop, sequel to the IGF award winning BIT.TRIP RUNNER.

Taking place after the events at the end of BIT.TRIP RUNNER and before BIT.TRIP FATE, Commandervideo and his friends are in hot pursuit of Timbletot towards the Hypersphere where, unexpectedly, a nefarious reality un-fusion beam strikes CommanderVideo. Find out what happens next as he travels through unfamiliar worlds in an unknown dimension!

KEY FEATURES

• New Costumes and Characters: Unlock and choose to play as eight playable characters including CommandgirlVideo, Unkle Dill, and Whetfahrt Cheesebörger.
  • Off-TV Play compatibility: Fans will be able to play the game entirely on the Wii U GamePad without the use of the television screen at all.
  • Fantastic Environments: Jump, kick, slide, grind, and dance your way to the finish! CommanderVideo and friends have new moves that are essential to master to get through the wonderfully designed new worlds! For retro fans, there are 25 retro levels dispersed among 5 worlds.

Don’t forget to dance!

BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien is rated PEGI 3 and will be priced at EUR €11.99. More information about Gaijin Games and Runner2 can be found at http://www.gaijingames.com and http://www.runner2.com.

ABOUT GAIJIN GAMES
Gaijin Games is an award-winning San Francisco based video game development studio that focuses on making unique gaming experiences for discerning humans. Founded by Genuine Men, Alex Neuse and Mike Roush, Gaijin Games has been responsible for tickling the world with its rhythm-music eccentricities since 2008 with their IGF award-winning six-game BIT.TRIP series and the console version of the IGF award-winning lilt line. In addition to rhythm-music stylings, Gaijin Games has branched out into the puzzle genre with their Robotube brand, recently launching BlokTonik for the iPad. Moving forward, Gaijin Games will bring their special brand of entertainment to all platforms, console and otherwise. More information about Gaijin Games can be found at www.gaijingames.com.

llehuty

Finished first world. Love this game.

I am surprised with the artstyle. Watching trailers and gameplay videos everything seemed culstered and confusing but I had no problem while playing it.

Another concern I had, was the checkpoints, but most of the times are easy to avoid.

I love the multiple path levels, with alternative exits, chest and retro challenges. Also I feel (up until now) that it's better balanced, and the learning curve is reasonable, at least compared with the 1st Bit.Trip Runner (I'm talking about Odyssey).

The only thing I don't get is the bullseye bonus. Breaks the rhythm of the game completely, and I guess it could get quite frustrating in later levels.

BTW, off-tv play is a blessing.

Salsa

i6nmCKfP8XGZ7.PNG

cool guy club

addyb

Bought this earlier myself on the Wii U and have spent hours on it already and that was getting perfects on world 1. Very addictive game but I do curse my own poor skills at times. Some levels I've had to repeat countless times when I kept failing at the same spot.

Still very very satisfying once you nail it.
Great game. Easily worth the money.

guit3457

Looks like some new people are experiencing this game. It's fantastic. I wonder how many high scores I still have in the first world on the Wii U version.

I bought the game today and it's....wow, no words...AMAZING game!!!

It was funny beacuse your name is everywhere in the game so i searched your name in Google and then this thread appeared in the results hahahaha

NFreak

I bought the game today and it's....wow, no words...AMAZING game!!!

It was funny beacuse your name is everywhere in the game so i searched your name in Google and then this thread appeared in the results hahahaha

haha, that's...... interesting. I did a review of the game too on my youtube channel. But yeah, I'm pretty good at dancing in the game.

Robin64

Well today I "finished" the game. European Wii U, so a little late, but ah well. 1336th in the world right now, which can definitely be improved. There are even some levels I never did, so yeah. Aiming for 500th or better, I guess.

Still got one character left to get, which I gather is from the retro levels. A minor niggle, but it would be nice to see which levels have carts. Ah well, I'm sure I'll spot them as I go through setting records and whatnot.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My only complaint about this game is once you play the last world it makes all the other worlds seem much less cool. It's just so good!
The final world is awesome, indeed. I just wish that they have also added
references to Runner 1, Fate and Flux too.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Got it on Wii U!

Please add me if you like for scoreboards etc. :)

Id: Roboleon

got this on wii u and its awesome.

Them massive creatures in the background + their facial expressions + the outro melody that plays at end of lvl + the music that plays at the scoreboard right after is something special.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
KevinCow, you are killing me on the scoreboards...

And how the fuck do I open that key vault?

Robin64

I created a "fake" U account to try and get the lowest score possible on the first level then see where I ranked overall to get a feeling of how much it had sold. My total game score of 174,000 puts me in dead last on the Total Game Score leaderboard, in a position of 13,484.

Now I don't now how many people are sharing this on single consoles, but let's say "about 500" because we literally can't know, thats about 13,000 sales. That's not bad, right?

Really, this game is just so slick, so pure.. everyone should get it. Especially Wii U owners who are, frankly, a bit starved.. ;)

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
This is my favorite eshop game. I played countless running games on iOS and AFAIC it is easily the best one the genre has to offer. I would even call it a rythm game (I just unlocked the dance move, and it feels evident now).

Robin64

Bump from the dead. Does getting all the in game rewards actually do something?

Well there's a bunch of achievements on the 360 one for getting various amounts, one of them being all of them. Probably the same on PS3 and Steam, too. Anything substantial and ingame, though? Don't think so. (I still need three rewards)

CaVaYeRo

Our iDÉAME video interview with the always awesome Alex Neuse is now live.

He can't be nicer, but also some pretty cool comments on art style, sequels, LucasArts, getting Charles Martinet in or designing an event poster better than Tomorrow Corporation.

They're not planning on applying the same Runner 2 sequel formula to another Bit. Trip. It's first getting R2 on more platforms, then DLC, then new stuff from Gaijing Games :)

Top Bottom