• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien |OT|

-PXG-

So, I tried loading my game, as usual, Steam gives me an error. I try to verify the game cache....still won't load. I then restart steam and attempt to load the game. Seems to work fine...

Until...

All of my progress, stats, rewards and unlocks are all gone. Back to square one.....

You're fucking kidding me right?

Glix

So, I tried loading my game, as usual, Steam gives me an error. I try to verify the game cache....still won't load. I then restart steam and attempt to load the game. Seems to work fine...

Until...

All of my progress, stats, rewards and unlocks are all gone. Back to square one.....

You're fucking kidding me right?

Steam is having MAJOR issues today....

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
So when looking at the Leaderboards, what exactly is the "schlortz 1973"?

Nope. Just froze for me. Does it often for the Hulu app. But that one you can see coming a mile away cause it just shows a blank screen inside Hulu if you try to go anywhere. I think/bet it has something to do with internet communications.

I waited a day or so to reply so I could thoroughly test it on my system. I can say confidently that yes it is in fact fixed for me. Most people on Miiverse say it's fixed for them too but there's still a few people who are still having issues. Just out of curiosity, do you have a basic or a deluxe model?

PBMax

Not sure if its the framerate or what but this game really bugs out my eyes. It's terribly blurry when running and it's really hard to focus.

Mudron

Not sure if its the framerate or what but this game really bugs out my eyes. It's terribly blurry when running and it's really hard to focus.

I had the same problem when playing the XBLA demo, but it's not quite so much a problem on the Wii U gamepad.

L00P

Had this problem as well. Try changing your refresh rate. Mine was set to 75hz before, but lowered it to 60 and now everything is smooth

assuming you're playing on the PC version

PBMax

Had this problem as well. Try changing your refresh rate. Mine was set to 75hz before, but lowered it to 60 and now everything is smooth

assuming you're playing on the PC version

I'm playing the WiiU version so that's not an option.

Changing characters to female commander in the pink ballet dress helped a bit. Makes it much easier to see your character.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Beautiful game, I'm in the middle of the 3rd world, as I've been playing very little this last week. I'm afraid I may have missed a couple of retro carts, according to my calculations there should be 5 per world, and I only got 7 total. Besides, I haven't found any single one in the current world yet.

The music is awesome, though I couldn't expect less from a Bit.Trip (Presents) game. I may have to buy the soundtrack whenever it goes on sale.

Futureman

Maybe I'm just not very observant, but isn't the music basically the same song for every stage? I realize it mixes up every now and then, but it seems like something a Runner 3 could expand on.

Wish I could "pause"/suspend the windowed game on PC; as in, put it in the background and not have the music play over my speakers, so I could jump in-and-out of gaming sessions quickly...

Currently I quit the game whenever I need to get back to work or do something else on the computer (cause otherwise the menu music keeps playing), and then it's such a bother to have to bootup the game and go through all the loading screens and menus before I can play the next level, so I end up not playing it often.

Better yet, I wish it was on my 3DS. Then I could just close the lid and put it aside, then grab it and open for instant resume.
Not to mention Runner on the crapper, which is where I played most of the first one

Edit: oh figured out an easy solution, pause the game by hitting escape inside any level, and the music will stop. Now I can keep it in the background and resume quickly whenever, awesome.

Doel

Umm, is there no trophies for this game on PS3? Played a bit last night, played a bit this morning, noticed I hadn't got any trophies so I went to see what was in the list...but the game is not even in there.

My Wii U still crashes/freezes on this game. I tried to bypass by turning off the system instead of closing to Wii U menu and it still freezes.

Anyone else still having problems?

Tizoc

I'm half asleep but played most of world 1 and I am LOVING it!
Fun and charming, but I take it there's a bonus for completing a stage without dieing right? Well be that as may glad the game doesn't penalize you for dieing.
Music is great and I like how some actions add a tune like its a Rhythm game.

I'm half asleep but played most of world 1 and I am LOVING it!
Fun and charming, but I take it there's a bonus for completing a stage without dieing right? Well be that as may glad the game doesn't penalize you for dieing.
Music is great and I like how some actions add a tune like its a Rhythm game.

Umm, no I don't think there is. And I don't think it's humanly possible to finish the entire game without dying (if one wanted to get all the bonuses).

You get bonus levels for "perfecting" the standard levels. In the first Runner that meant collecting all the gold (and power ups?) in the level. Not sure if the criteria has changed in this one.

JebusF

Neo Member
This is one of the best games released this year (so far), for me. And despite it being available on more formats than the first one, nobody seems to be talking about it outside of places like this!

Oh yeah that's what I was talking about. This would be considered a 'Perfect' right?

"Perfect" is for collecting all of the gold, nothing else. You can use the checkpoint all you want. It's just there for the challenge and extra points.

By collecting all of the gold you get a bonus chance, and hitting the bulls-eye gives you a "Perfect+".

Tizoc

Ah I see, well even if it's jsut a Bronze ( =_= ), I'll see if I can get Triple Perfect on all stages XP.

Kevtones

Wow didn't realize you unlock the retro stages once you find them. I was running through the stages and getting the cartridge each time like an idiot.

Game is hard and I probably suck at it.

Yes Boss!

Can't seem to find online if the game works with the Controller Pro on Wii U. Anybody know? Thinking about picking one up for this game if it works.

GolazoDan

So is this worth getting on the 360? I've never played a Bit Trip game before but I like runner games, I like rhythm games and I like games that I can just kick back and play for 5 minutes when I'm bored. Worth a shot?

Tizoc

^Do get it! It is a game you can play in short bursts and still enjoy it. Heck even when you think you've played enough, you'll just continue to play.

At first I hated the Slide Jump, but eventually I got the hang of it; I just gotta focus on the lower enemy.
The game's graphics are great but sometimes I wonder how it is I manage to finish stages with them being also distracting @_@.
Currently in World 3, really loving the game, my GotY 2013 contender XO.

Amir0x

Banned
is there a way to unlock classic art style without having to play through the entire game?

The starting art style is really unappealing - like some cheap shovelware iOS reject game - compared to the fantastic original, so I'd like to go back to that ASAP if possible.

Gameplay is fantastic as always but I really don't dig the initial stage look

backlot

is there a way to unlock classic art style without having to play through the entire game?

The starting art style is really unappealing - like some cheap shovelware iOS reject game - compared to the fantastic original, so I'd like to go back to that ASAP if possible.

Gameplay is fantastic as always but I really don't dig the initial stage look

I think you can get classic style CommanderVideo as a character but I don't think it changes the way the stages look at all.

Amir0x

Banned
I think you can get classic style CommanderVideo as a character but I don't think it changes the way the stages look at all.

for real? I thought for some reason that one option said 'classic', I thought that meant classic visual mode :(

That's actually strange they went for such an unappealing visual style when compared to the original which was a fairly perfect fusion of the audio and visual spectrum. Ah well, won't ruin the game for me but does put a slight damper on the proceedings

Gilby

So, just finished the story in this, and I think I've got an idea of what the theme is: The pitfalls of early adulthood and/or distractions from finding your role in life.

World 1 = Uncaring/Laziness
World 2 = Avoidance/Disraction
World 3 = Drugs
World 4= Depression
World 5 = And finally Self Reflection

I was wondering how they would fit this into the Bit.Trip saga (journey of life) theme. With Void being about adolescence/integrating with society and Runner being about young-adulthood/finding purpose, this game taking place between those 2 makes sense. Well done Gaijin, I wasn't sure if it could be pulled off without feeling forced.

Any other theories?

backlot

I actually like the visual style. Some of the later worlds look especially nice. The new style probably has a much broader appeal to general audiences, though. That could have something to do with why they did it.

Amir0x

Banned
I actually like the visual style. Some of the later worlds look especially nice. The new style probably has a much broader appeal to general audiences, though. That could have something to do with why they did it.

I mean putting aside even whether the art style is nice, it definitely does not fit in with the amazing synaesthetic vibe the original had, and I think that's a much more appropriate direction for a game in which the music fits in with the gameplay which should, in theory, fit in with the visuals. I of course do think the art design is gross so far in this one, but we'll see what the World 3, 4 and 5 have in store.

I dunno. Anyway, back to the game. Which is still quite fun, of course.

backlot

I mean putting aside even whether the art style is nice, it definitely does not fit in with the amazing synaesthetic vibe the original had, and I think that's a much more appropriate direction for a game in which the music fits in with the gameplay which should, in theory, fit in with the visuals. I of course do think the art design is gross so far in this one, but we'll see what the World 3, 4 and 5 have in store.

I dunno. Anyway, back to the game. Which is still quite fun, of course.

Well they did the minimalistic, retro thing for six games and they wanted to try something new this time. The game as a whole has a very different vibe than the other Bit.Trip games and I think the graphics fit the game and music just fine.

Glix

This is the only game I've been playing besides DOTA. It's really good.

I'm really skittish about sequels, I feel like I've disappointed so many times. They did so great. I love it so much.

Jaroof

Did anyone else notice that if you make the subtitle into an acronym, it's FLORA? :eek:

Anyways.. I wish this was on Vita. I played the demo and liked it, but couldn't see myself playing through it on my PS3.

Top Bottom