• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 3 pre-orders are significantly higher than Advanced Warfare

Ozorov

Already got BLOPS 3 for PS4. The campaign sucks, ingame performance is bad, cutscenes capped @30FPS, lol. Graphics are better than AW but the performance is like Killzone SF without framecap.
Besides that the game makes my PS4 (CUH 1200) scream like hell. Compared to this Bloodborne was inaudible.... :-/

Is that pre-day-one-patch or post?

TubbiestPack

Neo Member
Already got BLOPS 3 for PS4. The campaign sucks, ingame performance is bad, cutscenes capped @30FPS, lol. Graphics are better than AW but the performance is like Killzone SF without framecap.
Besides that the game makes my PS4 (CUH 1200) scream like hell. Compared to this Bloodborne was inaudible.... :-/

The performance was fine in the beta or are you strictly speaking about campaign?

Yes, it will be rough goings for at least the first week.

Ugh, I took too long reading the rest of the replies on this page before responding to him, so now I have to quote you to tell him to ignore what you just said!

Being in your 30s means slower quick-twitch reactions as well as fewer COD-style games played at that age compared to teens. Teens not only primarily play these types of games, but also have more time to commit to them, whereas a 30-year-old plays other types of games now and has less free time to master them.

You should probably speak for yourself here I'm in my 30's and have zero issue excelling at cod. I'm at the top of the leader boards and always have over a two kd. This whole idea of 30's being old and having slow reaction time is weird.

aravuus

I can't say I really care about SP in a Call of Duty at all, but this is a shame to hear. Blops 1 had a pretty cool story.

Xater

You should probably speak for yourself here I'm in my 30's and have zero issue excelling at cod. I'm at the top of the leader boards and always have over a two kd. This whole idea of 30's being old and having slow reaction time is weird.

It's definitely about training because my reactions have not slowed down at all.

Also in case anyone wants to make a thread about it, the 360 version looks worse than BLOPS1 and runs worse as well: http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/c...really_look_that_bad_on_xbox_360_and_ps3.html

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Pretty much this, plus no impressions of 4 player Co op? That's a game changer for me, I wouldn't touch the SP if it wasn't for that

Call of Duty is far too divisive for me to trust in a single person's impressions. That kind of thinking sold me on the poo-poo fun pack that was Ghosts. If I can't judge it for myself, then I wait for a larger consensus.

Hip Hop

Same... no OT yet? What's up with that?

When will the OT go up?

My Xbone Hardened Edition of the game arrived today and I will give it a spin in just a couple of hours after getting home from work. Get hype!!

Where's the OT? Game launches in mere hours in NZ and AUS.

Was wondering this too, I've just received my copy and all
It's all good, only got another 6 hours at work :(

It's being worked on:
Gonna use a lot of this for the ot, not sleeping tonight! :D
Might be a little late but it's still going up tomorrow for sure.
Going to take advantage of the precious leaks.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
When are the reviews up?
I though podcast unlocked said 8am est today. So in 14 minutes

Just listened again and ign editors definitely said embargo is today at 5am pacific, 8am eastern time.
I read it was midnight EST, so in just over 14 hours.

shinobi said 9 PM PST.

10388041_255238078017841_167084164_a.jpg

Bolivar687

Banned
IGN scoreless review is up, hardly anything negative to say about it, no mention of the uncapped framerate issues that guy was bringing up in here.

sonto340

Is it still possible to unlock games early by switching regions on an Xbox One or did they manage to patch that out?

jorgejjvr

Watching ign review in progress and thinking

Content, content, and more content

Everything looks great to be honest

Kotaku also just posted an article saying that bo3 campaign is surprisingly deep

On Demand

Banned

lol. So true.

I think people self defeat themselves with this "im 30 now and old" thinking.

It's not a big deal at all and your body doesn't suddenly go into 60yo mode.

Yes, installing, I'm dumb. Thanks anyway. ^^

Did you see my post?

I might pick this up if the reviews are really good. I recently got back into Destiny with The Taken King and been playing Halo 5 arena. But that IGN video made it sound like a solid CoD game. Just feel like there might be too much on my plate atm.

Also I like the fact that some games are releasing on a Friday instead of a Tuesday. Seriously. Releasing on a Friday gives you the whole weekend to play it. Tuesday you take off and then maybe have to go back to work the next day. Hope more shooters and big games take this route.

Traffcore

Hello guys,

Not sure where to ask this question, but when will I be able to play Blops 3 when I'm located in Europe with an US PSN account? Is it Europe time or American time?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Where's the OT btw? And the game unlocks for me in 4 hours. Would love to try out the co-op with some GAFfers.

In ~18 hours.

http://opencritic.com/#!game/1514/call-of-duty-black-ops-iii

Haven`t played the whole campaign yet.

Two different problems. ;-) What I wanted to say is that the story sucks imo. Advanced Warfare was like a blockbuster compared to this and also better written (sic). Black Ops 3 is more like a pretty bad B-Movie with terrible dialogue.

But hey, graphics are good, so far the best in the series imo. :) Unfortunately at the cost of performance....

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

So are there going to be any trade in specials for this from Gamestop? Definitely want to pick this up tonight but if I can get more from Best Buy's 50% trade in deal then I might just go for that instead.

Top Bottom