• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 3 pre-orders are significantly higher than Advanced Warfare

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Yes, it will be rough goings for at least the first week.

Ugh, I took too long reading the rest of the replies on this page before responding to him, so now I have to quote you to tell him to ignore what you just said!

Being in your 30s means slower quick-twitch reactions as well as fewer COD-style games played at that age compared to teens. Teens not only primarily play these types of games, but also have more time to commit to them, whereas a 30-year-old plays other types of games now and has less free time to master them.

okay I just decided to not buy it lol..

I've never played COD MP.

Will i get unrecoverably destroyed being in my early thirties? Been playing CS 07-1.6 in my youth + CSS but in the last few years only played BF from time to time

Not really, if you know the basics of movement and aiming you will be fine.

Remember that COD is casual. The time to kill is so short that it reduces the skill gap quite a lot. It is a mix of good positioning, reaction time and randomness due to connection.

I keep tabs on the game, it's looking interesting, but I can't see myself ever going back to COD after MW2. After that they just rehashed the same stuff year after year and only now are they actually trying.

It changed the industry and not in a good way.

Victrix

*beard*
Not really, if you know the basics of movement and aiming you will be fine.

Remember that COD is casual. The time to kill is so short that it reduces the skill gap quite a lot. It is a mix of good positioning, reaction time and randomness due to connection.

My k/d is higher these days than when I was younger.

CoD is easier than destiny and wayyyy easier than halo. The low ttk means positioning and situational awareness will trump thumbskill easily if you play smart.

ShogunX

Anybody know when we can expect reviews scores and tech analysis? Hoping the AA solution has improved for the X1 version.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Yeah my brother doesn't have a PSN account and was wondering if I can still do online split screen with him

I don't know about non-account players, but in the case that you can't just bring on a guest, it should be simple enough to just set your brother up with a PSN account. Takes like 3 minutes. So long as the main account of the PS4 has PS+, then all other users will be able to play online.

OrochiJR

Gold Member
When will the OT go up?

My Xbone Hardened Edition of the game arrived today and I will give it a spin in just a couple of hours after getting home from work. Get hype!!

RulkezX

Ugh, I took too long reading the rest of the replies on this page before responding to him, so now I have to quote you to tell him to ignore what you just said!

Being in your 30s means slower quick-twitch reactions as well as fewer COD-style games played at that age compared to teens. Teens not only primarily play these types of games, but also have more time to commit to them, whereas a 30-year-old plays other types of games now and has less free time to master them.

Fucking LOL

I don't know about non-account players, but in the case that you can't just bring on a guest, it should be simple enough to just set your brother up with a PSN account. Takes like 3 minutes. So long as the main account of the PS4 has PS+, then all other users will be able to play online.

Oh so he wouldn't need to pay for PS plus then. Ill give that a try, thanks

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
So, last year I bought and pre-loaded AW. 12 o'clock midnight and I think I can play, but nope. For some reason I still had to wait, something about other countries with different timezones and the game not being released worldwide yet. Will it be the same this year or did they fix it? That was such bullshit.

LordRaiden

Neo Member

Well I'm 36 and I played CoD since the first one. Before that I played a lot of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault.

Both MOHAA and Call of Duty on PC. I moved to Cod 2 and later CoD 3, both on XBOX 360.

Played Modern Warfare on PC, WaW on PS3, MW2, 3, Black Ops 1 and 2, Ghosts and AW all on PC.

Except I didn't really "play" Ghosts, because it was an unoptimised sack of shit that didn't even run properly on a i7 with 16gb of RAM and a R9 290......

Moved to AW on XBONE, got bored.

So all in all, I'm in my 30's with 12 years of CoD experience. Hell, even I fail hard at tims. But CoD is the most accessable shooter there is. I told many to try it. Some aren't playing for more than a few weeks and they manage to do pretty damn well.

On the consoles it's more accessable than PC because of the aim assist. On PC your aiming is more important and therefore harder to master.

It's not age, but just getting used to the pacing. Doesn't matter if you're 18 or 35.

It's not like Battlefield where you get pummeled from all angles without even catching a glimpse of your foe. Or you end up running around getting 0 kills in.
CoD is more over the top, fast gameplay. Anyone who isn't blind as a bat should get at least a couple of kills every match.

Sojgat

It was too easy, veteran on AW was easier than hardened on most of the older CODs

It's true that it was easier, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Some COD campaigns on veteran difficulty really aren't all that fun. In many cases the challenge isn't well designed. It just becomes a trial and error slog against a wall of bullets.

COD4, MW2, BLOPS, BLOPS2, Ghosts, and AW are the only COD campaigns I actually bothered completing on veteran. The ones I most enjoyed doing so were probably Ghosts and AW, and they're by far the easiest.

Chris1

Do we know how long the campaign is yet? Treyarch said 14-15 hours long but I can't believe it's actually that long.

sTiTcH AU

When will the reviews be up? Pretty certain the game just started releasing in NZ, seems strange that the game would start releasing before reviews are up.

People he the game, why don't we have an early impressions thread of any kind?

Already got BLOPS 3 for PS4. The campaign sucks, ingame performance is bad, cutscenes capped @30FPS, lol. Graphics are better than AW but the performance is like Killzone SF without framecap.
Besides that the game makes my PS4 (CUH 1200) scream like hell. Compared to this Bloodborne was inaudible.... :-/

Already got BLOPS 3 for PS4. The campaign sucks, ingame performance is bad, cutscenes capped @30FPS, lol. Graphics are better than AW but the performance is like Killzone SF without framecap.
Besides that the game makes my PS4 (CUH 1200) scream like hell. Compared to this Bloodborne was inaudible.... :-/

How long did it take you to play through the entire campaign?

This is relevant information that should be known BEFORE the game is out. :\

Sojgat

WhoppingMajesticDouglasfirbarkbeetle.gif

Care to share any more details?

Hmm, the campaign sucks as in it is bad or because "30 fps lol"?

Two different problems. ;-) What I wanted to say is that the story sucks imo. Advanced Warfare was like a blockbuster compared to this and also better written (sic). Black Ops 3 is more like a pretty bad B-Movie with terrible dialogue.

But hey, graphics are good, so far the best in the series imo. :) Unfortunately at the cost of performance....

Two different problems. ;-) What I wanted to say is that the story sucks imo. Advanced Warfare was like a blockbuster compared to this and also better written (sic). Black Ops 3 is more like a pretty bad B-Movie with terrible dialogue.

But hey, graphics are good, so far the best in the series imo. :) Unfortunately at the cost of performance....
tumblr_m7ndxxt7W21r208ff.gif

zsynqx

Oh dear, and I found AW's story dull and predictable. No offense, but this is just one person's opinion so I remain hopeful; I will however temper my expectations a bit on the campaign front. Thanks for the info!

Still very hyped for MP/Zombies.

BokehKing

Banned
MP played flawless to me so I can care less about one guys opinion of the campaign, which will be fun regardless with co-op

I mean co-op made halo 5 enjoyable and that was nothing more than
"Fight prometheans, walk 50 feet, fight more prometheans, take this elevator, fight more prometheans every 8 floors"

Toa TAK

Banned

Damn.

For what it's worth, despite its abrupt ending, I really enjoyed AW's campaign.

I don't trust those emoji.

;-)

Hanmik

ohh.,.. you are one of the persons who went through several PS4's because they were loud.

Top Bottom