• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 3 pre-orders are significantly higher than Advanced Warfare

based on everything I have read about the game, it's just better all around. I plan on picking it up if the reviews are good. I havn't bought a COD game since black ops.

Cornbread78

My questions is, when is the OT?
I sped through both Ghost and AW campaigns and hated them. Didn't even attempt to play BOII campaign when I had my 360..

I'll definitely give BOIII campaign a shot with all the talk about how they're revamping single player now.

The OT will be up within 8 hours of release;

•Call of Duty: Black Ops III by Eggbok

Hmmmm hopefully they have some anti cheat measures inplace.

As for how the PC version plays, I don't play CoD that much but the time to kill seemed a lot shorter on PC. Made everything feel a lot faster.

Scrawnton

Even MW2 IW was ass with the way they jumped the shark with 18 kill streaks, game ending kill streaks, shotgun snipers, ice skating, speed racing, lunging knife nonsense

Looking back, IW definitely made a completely unbalanced game with MW2. It was the most fun I had with a CoD game around launch time, but it quickly became broken and impossible to have fun with.

Falchion

I loved Advanced Warfare and spent a ton of time with it and I'm really excited about BLOPS III. The only Treyarch CoD I've played thus far is the multiplayer for BLOPS II so I'm going in kind of fresh.

Ambient80

based on everything I have read about the game, it's just better all around. I plan on picking it up if the reviews are good. I havn't bought a COD game since black ops.

I think reviews are released tomorrow, but the only place I've seen that being said are from random posters on this board. Either way, tomorrow or Friday morning should give you a good idea :)

LordRaiden

Neo Member
The only fun thing coming out of MW2 were the Booster Justice videos on Youtube by Sandy Ravage.

Man that was some funny stuff......

Aaand fuckit, if anyone from the EU region feels like playing BLOPS3 with me, MonkeyClaw36 (Xbox One)

Played the Betas on PS4 and XBO... never looked into the control schemes...

Can anyone tell me, did they implement a proper bumper jumper this time?! Please say yes.

antitrop

Advanced Warfare had a fantastic campaign, but I hope Treyarch cuts down on the filler. There was just way too much downtime in the AW campaign, and it's not like the dialogue was good enough to be worth listening to by itself, it's not Wolfenstein.

Aside from the unskippable cutscenes and pacing issues, there was a lot to like about that campaign. I expect Treyarch to deliver the goods, as well. Hopefully they can deliver a more consistently paced campaign.

forms

Codblops 3 still has jet packs and shit like that, doesn't it? If not that would explain it to me, otherwise I have no idea.

t0rment

Haven't spent a red cent aside from the $60 to get in and regularly clean up in AW so.
Cosmetic Microtransactions are 100% okay. Let the people who want to obsess over looking like they want do so. As long as gameplay remains unaffected who cares.

apparently you dont even play AW since the microtransactions in there are not only cosmetic.

MilesTeg

Banned
My my, has the CoD decline come to an end?

According to Activision, Advanced Warfare was up YoY vs Ghosts, so technically I guess the decline ended already. Of course BO3 will likely destroy AW numbers.

That being said BO3 will likely be tough for IW and Sledgehammer to top.

NDPsycho

I liked Ghosts, AW on the other hand... hated it.

This x 1000. AW is the first season pass I've bought and not used for COD. I stopped playing after the first expansion and never came back. MP rarely ran well and paid drops also pushed me away.

Blops beta felt so much better than AW, so I'm willing to overlook AW.

Everything shown so far has looked awesome, and there's a huge amount of varied content this year. There's even a free running challenge mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA0Iyuzeg8A

tumblr_niwf9lBNff1qjshvjo1_400.gif
Maaaaaaaan, I played a lot of bunny trails in UT99. This is really close to it!

Man after watching him stream that Zombies match... idk how im feeling it. Almost wish it was present day. I'm sure it will still be awesome to play... but not feeling the "period" at all.

I'm not surprised, the beta was well received and the Black Ops name is more relevant than modern warfare or any other Call of Duty right now. I remember back in 2007-2010 Treyarch was known as the infinity Ward copycats, heck they borrowed their same engine and added some modifications. However, since the fall of IW, Treyarch has been doing a great job.

I usually don't preorder games, but wanted to get this preloaded with enough time to just play. So many fantastic FPS games coming out -- gonna be hard to balance this with Halo 5 and Battlefront.

Of course. This is the "recognizable" title in the series, the way Modern Warfare used to be. Advance warfare and Ghosts, while still COD titles, were new entries in the franchise. It not unexpected for them to not sell as well especially for preorders.

I haven't purchased a CoD game since I was disappointed in MW2, but I am getting this because of the amount of content and the support they are showing for splitscreen and co-op.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
Maaaaaaaan, I played a lot of bunny trails in UT99. This is really close to it!

Oh man, me too! I was trying to get back into that after nearly a decade, but the steam version of UT99 that I have runs like shit. FPS is awful. I've tried to find a solution but can't. I did see some active bunny servers, but like I said, I can't play it. :(

Khal_B

I wasn't even looking at this game after all the past disappointments, but the beta reeled me back in and made me pre-order. Crazy.

lantus

I must say the hype is starting to get me with this game now, especially seeing how loaded the game is. I haven't been excited for Call of Duty since Infinity Ward days on Modern Warfare 2, sad to see how far they've fallen.

Top Bottom