• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Black Ops 3 pre-orders are significantly higher than Advanced Warfare

Man, I remember years ago when the groupthink was so down on Treyarch
versus Infinity Ward. What a reversal.

As a Wii owner I already knew the truth. Actually I can't stand FPS's with dual analong unless it's in the vein of GoldenEye, PD, or Timesplitters. I really enjoyed pointer controls on the Wii though, and regardless of the graphic fidelity, those Call of Duty ports that Treyarch did were awesome. I had a great time with them.

Now that I have a decent PC I will be getting this game for the dedicated servers and modability.

TubbiestPack

Neo Member
Qzs3bNV.jpg

They've finally implemented this!

Dead Man

It's funny to see how opinions on Treyarch have turned around since WaW. When it came out they were lambasted, now they are seen as a serious studio.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It's funny to see how opinions on Treyarch have turned around since WaW. When it came out they were lambasted, now they are seen as a serious studio.

I loved WaW, people didn't like it?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony

At the time, the hate for WAW was embarrassing from both the consumer base and the media because it wasn't even based on the game itself, but the hype of MW2.

The hype for IW after MW1 was just too strong, it literally colored all opinions of anything not made by them, atleast until MW2.

I remember the "IW is the REAL studio! Can't wait for the REAL king of FPS to come back and aoeifjhaafwoeij"

It was embarrassing.

It was like CoD4, except they "balanced" weapons by making everything underpowered, which is not a fun way to have a game designed and didn't even work because they did very little to balance SMGs, leading to SMGs being too dominant, especially the MP40. Plus tanks as a mechanic were annoying.

It had a lot of cool ideas and the maps were decent (excluding the fact that some of them had the annoying tanks), but overall it just didn't have good balance.

Perks were also badly balanced, but that was more understandable given that CoD4 also had bad perk balance and they were basically copying CoD4's perk system.

Isn't 12 maps normal? I think only MW3 had like 18 maps but 90% of them were crap at launch
100% of them were absolute attrocities for the entire lifespan of MW3. They led to absolute worst spawns of any CoD. You would literally see enemies spawn right in your sights constantly because the maps were not designed with safe respawn zones in mind.

Risette

A Good Citizen
people were turned off by the return to WW2 after 4 changed up everything mostly, combined with Treyarch still being viewed as the B-studio, so people just dismissed it without playing.

I think it started getting more retroactive praise after MW2 was a clusterfuck and people realized that IW wasn't infallible. WaW is pretty good, the weapon/perk balance (MP40 + juggernaut for everyone) wasn't great but imo it has some of the best maps in the series.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

I remember 3 specific complaints.

1. Some felt the gore was overdone.
2. It was seen as too iterative of CoD4.
3. People complained about the tank maps.

I don't remember much praise for nazi zombies (when it was just one map) and the campaign co-op even though those were likely the two cooler features in the game.

WaW had dogs, bolt action rifles, flamethrowers and War.

Loved all of it, lol. Would still be playing to this day if it wasn't for hackers.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So, uh, how does one go about playing the campaign if one where to, say, have the game early?

Hip Hop

damn, stream channel got shut down

12 maps + nuketown feels pretty short in terms of maps

or am i wrong?

Black Ops 2 launched with 14 maps plus Nuketown, so yeah, it's slightly shorter.

But they made up for it and more with the other included modes/extras in Black Ops 3.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Just load it up and play! MP servers are online now too. Play away. Ain't no Halo whitelist bullshit here.

Yes, installing, I'm dumb. Thanks anyway. ^^

____

Just load it up and play! MP servers are online now too. Play away. Ain't no Halo whitelist bullshit here.

Is this confirmed? I just got the game a few mins ago and want to know if I'm limited to SP or if in can jump online. The seller told me not to go online but he always says that when he sells early.

Hip Hop

Yes, installing, I'm dumb. Thanks anyway. ^^

Can you please check if the players online numbers are there? I don't get why AW didn't have them.

Yes! please check if the player count is back.

Is this confirmed? I just got the game a few mins ago and want to know if I'm limited to SP or if in can jump online. The seller told me not to go online but he always says that when he sells early.

You can go online. Nothing will happen to you.

super6646

Banned
Sorry, but I've decided to stop buying Activision software. I can't support them, and COD isn't something I dearly miss. I didn't really enjoy the beta either, though thats preferences for you.

Top Bottom