• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

i-Lo

bbhuntbegin3.gif

Is there any information about what stafs will mean? I see you all discussing STR for weapons and I have no clue what this means.

Non-spoilery info (just a description of the stats): http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Stats

I'll quote the main stats:

Vitality

The Vitality stat governs HP (hit points).

Endurance

The Endurance stat governs stamina and resistances.

Strength

The Strength stat governs heavy physical weapon ATK. Determines whether or not you can use certain equipment.

Skill

The Skill stat governs more nuanced physical weapon ATK. Determines whether or not you can use certain equipment.

Bloodtinge

The Bloodtinge stat governs power of weapons that use Quicksilver Bullets. Determines whether or not you can use certain equipment.

Arcane

The Arcane stat governs power of Arcane ATK. Determines whether or not you can use certain equipment.

In the previous Souls games, weapons have different stat requirements. For example, the Claymore in Dark Souls needed a minimum of 16 STR and 10 DEX to wield without penalty. And weapon damage also scale with different stats; the more STR and DEX you have, the higher the Claymore's damage will be. Weapons in Bloodborne are going to be the same.

Dez_

Tried to hold off, but I just watched that trailer. Looking pretty damn awesome! Having just purchased a PS4 a week ago, I am so ready for Bloodborne!

Spoiler about game length
45 hours eh?
There is too much good stuff to consume/play/watch/enjoy and too little free time. I'll probably never play this game because of that. :(

i totally get you, but isn't it fun to sometimes just focus on one longer and deeper gaming experience, really get into it you know? i have plenty of games/dlc i should finish, but all of that is going to be put on hold for at least a few weeks, because i really want to dig into the glorious cryptic world of Bloodborne. and i KNOW i won't regret it, just like i didn't regret spending 1-2 years just playing Demon's Souls.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
no more info yet guys! I'm barely surviving by doing this shit... I really don't want to spoil myself any further :(

I could never get into demon or dark souls. I'll admit that the hardcore nature of the gameplay frustrated me, I hated dying that much. I also didnt like how it seemed like the systems weren't explained properly. However, with all of that being said I am excited for bloodborne. I feel like if I buy it on day one, and stick with the community I might come to appreciate this kind of game

Majmun

no more info yet guys! I'm barely surviving by doing this shit... I really don't want to spoil myself any further :(

LOL, you should exit that stream. I shut it down after 5 minutes. Game looks absolutely crazy, better to discover things first myself.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
i-Lo, those are the highest quality gifs I've ever seen in my life.

Thanks man!

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Instagiffer (free & bereft of malware and adware). Allows for 30fps GIFs but can be very slow depending upon your processor.

Ah, I see, thanks. I've been using gifcam, but the quality isn't too great, imo. I'll have to try it out and see. I have a 4790k, so I hope that should be enough, lol.

Sorry for the OT, guys.

Sony should just say fuck it and release the game next week. Waiting for a game never felt as hard before.

think the last time I had this much angst over waiting for a game was Shadow of the Colossus.

when i was listening to every tune of the soundtrack released. staring at any screenshots released. trying not to get spoiled on the various Colossi. Augh, was tough.

But now with the information age exploding, this f'in game is everywhere I go. In commercials, on this very websites banner, on ads before youtube videos, on TV.

Making me nuts

Brohan

If anyone here knows the stat requirements for the scythe and
Greatsword
and would be willing to share them with me it would be much appreciated.

Avoiding as much info as i can but would like to know these things.

I-Lo, GIF God.
Thanks dude.

That flame hammer is just.. Insane. I was planning on maining the scythe, but all those beautiful hammer GIFs make it a more difficult decision.
Gotta love that ax too. And absolutely everything else about this game. Fuck this wait.

I-Lo, GIF God.
Thanks dude.

That flame hammer is just.. Insane. I was planning on maining the scythe, but all those beautiful hammer GIFs make it a more difficult decision.
Gotta love that ax too. And absolutely everything else about this game. Fuck this wait.
I was hoping that lightning weapons would be viable, but I've read that flame weapons are op again.

Henkka

Banned
bbhuntbegin6.gif

Thank you, mate.

You are most welcome.

Awesome gifs, dude! :)

I wonder if both of those are Chalice bosses. They seem to be elemental, one is fire while the other is electricity. Maybe the attributes and moveset of the bosses are randomized along with everything else? We've been shown the fire version of that dog, but I have a feeling there could be others, like electricity, ice, poison... Hype is strong

Dreez

Holy f*ck I've never seen graphics / art direction as good as that in games.

I've been avoiding a lot of media and these gif's are blowing my mind.

matmanx1

Think I might have to play some Demon's Souls today, both for old times sake and in preparation for Bloodborne. True, the gameplay in Dark Souls is superior (by a little bit) but the atmosphere in Demon's Souls is my favorite. It somehow seems completely fitting as a lead in to Bloodborne in a little over a week.

jyx

Only a few days left. The only complaint I have heard is load times. I can live with that. Must resist streams. must resist streams.

Think I might have to play some Demon's Souls today, both for old times sake and in preparation for Bloodborne. True, the gameplay in Dark Souls is superior (by a little bit) but the atmosphere in Demon's Souls is my favorite. It somehow seems completely fitting as a lead in to Bloodborne in a little over a week.

yeah it would be f'in nice if Sony would put Demons Souls up on NOW for me to play. But Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It better go up Tuesday. Would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't put up Demons Souls on NOW the week of the Bloodborne launch

yeah it would be f'in nice if Sony would put Demons Souls up on NOW for me to play. But Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

It better go up Tuesday. Would be a wasted opportunity if they didn't put up Demons Souls on NOW the week of the Bloodborne launch
Aren't the servers dead? That might be why.

Aces&Eights

I have this affliction where on one hand I am glad the streams don't survive because I don;t want to know how awesome the game is until I get it but on the other hand I am sad because I watch them anyway, because I am weak.

Calcium

Banned
These GIFs are amazing. I won't be getting Bloodborne, but I'll be watching plenty of streams. The game is just gorgeous.

Top Bottom