• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

Nice!!! The animations in this game are absolutely stunning!

Indeed, but I'm more impressed with the totally unexpected kick. Veteran Souls players will know most enemies are vulnerable at the back, especially if they're humanoids without a tail with which to swipe at you.

That kick isn't telegraphed and comes at you almost instantly. And you have no shield. Imagine having lost quite a bit of health and figure you're safe to quickly regain it by stabbing Father Gascoigne in the back. Anyone who hasn't seen it beforehand will be caught totally unprepared.

Zaventem

Ah man. Now i have to buy a psn plus full price. They sale i could have bought it in my paypal decided it wanted to give me an error.

i-Lo

Tomorrow I think

Time to get ready my fellow GAFfers:

bbhuntbegin8001.gif

Thank thee kind hunter. If I may be so presumptuous as to further impinge upon your precious time, may I ask thee to work thine magic on another moment that strikes my fancy?

Here, where the player tries to grill the Father only to receive a frenzied whopping: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHT2RSD5GAM&t=2m54s

Thy request shall be done.

Ambitious

The setting, the art style, and especially the enemy design - it's like they made the game just for me. Just perfect.

Still, I don't think I'll play it. It's probably too hard for me. But maybe I should give DS another chance to get a better feel for the gameplay (I quit it pretty early) and then decide whether to try Bloodborne as well.

viveks86

Indeed, but I'm more impressed with the totally unexpected kick. Veteran Souls players will know most enemies are vulnerable at the back, especially if they're humanoids without a tail with which to swipe at you.

That kick isn't telegraphed and comes at you almost instantly. And you have no shield. Imagine having lost quite a bit of health and figure you're safe to quickly regain it by stabbing Father Gascoigne in the back. Anyone who hasn't seen it beforehand will be caught totally unprepared.

I'm never gonna finish this game :'(

I'm never gonna finish this game :'(

Pretty much everything in the Souls games can become trivially easy with the right equipment and upgrades. Getting to where you can acquire all that without help will be a challenge though, especially for new players like you. :)

viveks86

Pretty much everything in the Souls games can become trivially easy with the right equipment and upgrades. Getting to where you can acquire all that without help will be a challenge though, especially for new players like you. :)

Will probably end up setting up a password and ringing that summoning bell a lot!

Hypron

I might bail out from this thread, too many spoilery gifs (even if they're from the trailers, there's a difference between seeing something really quickly as part of a 1min+ trailer and seeing it loop as a gif).

I might bail out from this thread, too many spoilery gifs (even if they're from the trailers, there's a difference between seeing something really quickly as part of a 1min+ trailer and seeing it loop as a gif).

Sure, but this isn't leaked stuff. If anyone considers these spoilers I recommend avoiding most or all Bloodborne threads until you have the game.

viveks86

I may avoid those too, but I don't anticipate many new trailers now that we have both a story and a launch trailer.

No I meant the ones already out. Some people aren't even aware that these Gifs are form official footage. If they are that sensitive to spoilers they should stay away from trailers in general, which are always laced with spoilers.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Just watched. That was just dripping with atmosphere.

This game could be a genuine masterpiece.

Yeah your clothes gather up blood as you play and fight. Eventually looks like you are coated in the stuff.
There is even an emote that lets you shake the blood off your clothes lol. I'll be doing that a lot for fun I think.

Get into a massive battle, and at the end shake the blood of my clothes.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I'm starting to think that no matter how challenging the game might be, the wait for it might be even more challenging.

Even worse if your in Europe. Seriously, fuck non-WW release dates. I thought we were past this shit.

Top Bottom