• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne launch trailer

is the gatling a gun/blade too?

AzbaBFJ.png

It would make sense, given how large it is. Can't exactly dual wield it that well.

is the gatling a gun/blade too?

AzbaBFJ.png

I was thinking some sort of extendable spear thing that mounted on your arm, but if its what you say it is then I will faint and
Old Hunter Gyula
will be confirmed for most badass NPC so far. I mean look at how he fights, it looks like a real fucking player.

I didn't see if anyone else made this connection, but
we got to see what happened to the Hunter's Dream after it burned down in this trailer:

Intact, at the start of the game, in the story trailer
http://i.gyazo.com/54bac323aa702e1a7706e4640665df83.png

Burning, in the Gamescom trailer
http://i.gyazo.com/b335aaf3eaed6da281b3a14856cbf896.png

And burned down in this most recent trailer (different angle though)
http://i.gyazo.com/89c53eb3a2612e4e155ea603b0a75c7a.png

I didn't see if anyone else made this connection, but we got to see what happened to the Hunter's Dream after it burned down in this trailer:

Ehh this seems like it could be pretty spoilery for anyone looking to avoid it. I would edit?

I didn't see if anyone else made this connection, but we got to see what happened to the Hunter's Dream after it burned down in this trailer:

I already knew this, but it's the one thing I regret knowing in all that I've seen.

Here are some impressions of the Chalice Dungeon for those that missed it in the other thread

Amazing.

Chalice dungeons are...amazing. Got to play one for bout a half an hour. Got to the second floor boss. Traps, weird enemies that respawn and track you down until you kill this enemy called the bell woman (tower of latria hello).

There was a fat oiled up castrated guy who rolls around evrywhere and tries to flatten you. Funny and terrifying at the same time (cause fatass is dast as fuck).

And the atmosphere god damn the art god DAMN this is such a grade up from dks2 it isnt even funny.

Everything about the game is incredible.

As a present i got a bloodborne ps4 skin and a dead messenger notepad thing.

Donos

Sounds intriguing.

Well, i hope you know that was a joke based on some former "discussions" in other bloodborne threads. If you have played a souls game, then it's that but sped up. Especially if you didn't play with shield. Focuses more on movement, dodging and spacing and attacking. You are more agile than in Souls games and the lack of shields is compensated a bit with guns which are used to stun enemies for a short time.

So overall, no, not really like GoW and certainly not like NG.

Koobion

Holy crap. I must have that flaming hammer.

I disagree with others stating that the game plays like Ninja Gaiden; it definitely doesn't feel so loose like that series, in my opinion. From what I've played, it feels a bit faster than Demon's, but still has the signature weightiness of the Souls games.

mf luder

Well, i hope you know that was a joke based on some former "discussions" in other bloodborne threads. If you have played a souls game, then it's that but sped up. Especially if you didn't play with shield. Focuses more on movement, dodging and spacing and attacking. You are more agile than in Souls games and the lack of shields is compensated a bit with guns which are used to stun enemies for a short time.

So overall, no, not really like GoW.

Ah ok thanks, no I haven't been keeping up with this game.

Sanctuary

I have a friend who never tried playing any of the Souls games seriously. It was pretty annoying watching him "play" Demon's too. All he did was attack the NPCs in the Nexus at the start, dying repeatedly for thirty minutes until he said he was done with the game. He also never would play any of the Resident Evil games, even though I'd been telling him about them since '97.

I just recently finally got him to play all the way through Dead Space, and he really enjoyed it a lot (irony...), and he also really enjoys quicker action games like God of War, Devil May Cry and especially Lords of Shadow. He said what he really enjoyed the most out of Dead Space was the atmosphere and creature designs.

Bloodborne?

Top Bottom