• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne |OT+5| Grant Us Eyes!

Melchiah

Have no idea how I screwed up the Eileen the Crow side quest.

Spoiler:

After she warns me not to go to Odeone tomb, I went and there was nothing there. Ive since killed Rom and now when I return to Grand Cathedral, Eileen is there wanting to fight. What did I do?

The quest moves to the last phase after that boss, so you missed the opportunity there, and there's nothing to be done until another playthrough.

EDIT: To my recollection,
Darkbeast Paarl
is one of the thresholds for the quest.

Deku Tree

Spoiler:

After she warns me not to go to Odeone tomb, I went and there was nothing there. Ive since killed Rom and now when I return to Grand Cathedral, Eileen is there wanting to fight. What did I do?

So fight!

Caja 117

At last Finished the game, my first ever From Souls game that I completely finished.

Im only missing 3 Trophies for the platinum, one of them has to do with
the chalice dungeon,
I think Im at level 2 or 3, Does it take long to finish this?

gwailo

Banned
Any advice on fighting that hunter without Eileen around? She was killed and I grabbed her items. I know you can go around from the Cathedral Ward lamp and jump down on him but I can't get any more hits after that.

Some hints on the two hunters near the Cathedral Ward boss would also be helpful.

I'm level 55 and my main weapons are Saw Cleaver +5 and Tonitrus +4.

Matt Frost

At last Finished the game, my first ever From Souls game that I completely finished.

Im only missing 3 Trophies for the platinum, one of them has to do with
the chalice dungeon,
I think Im at level 2 or 3, Does it take long to finish this?

I am currently on them and to reach the fourth one is easy but then it begins to be really difficult. And you also have to farm ingredients to open the last one, so you have to do Isz and Loran as well. Then comes some of the thoughest fights in Bloodborne. I say it depends on the time you have abd your skill more than anything.

Any advice on fighting that hunter without Eileen around? She was killed and I grabbed her items. I know you can go around from the Cathedral Ward lamp and jump down on him but I can't get any more hits after that.

Some hints on the two hunters near the Cathedral Ward boss would also be helpful.

I'm level 55 and my main weapons are Saw Cleaver +5 and Tonitrus +4.

The one at the cemetery or the one at the Grand Cathedral? Those two are her fights

Matt Frost

Can someone please help me with Defiled Chalice layer 3 boss Amygdala? It has been the bane of my existence in Bloodborne... First run, NG+ and now Chalice Dungeons. The stuff of my nightmares

Deku Tree

I haven't played souls games other than BB and DS3. Is there anything in the souls series cheaper than defiled chalice and F/R/C root chalices? So many one shots even at 50 vitality and wearing health increase runes too.

Matt Frost

Well, after beating Amygdala, the other three bosses were cake. I had a friend who told me they were really hard but they werent at all. I got the Platinum. But I am not done at all with Bloodborne, not at all, need more stones, gems and some Chalices, with better runes I will finish it once more. I never thought I would get the Platinum in Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3 (and Destiny xD)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

Spoiler:

The quest moves to the last phase after that boss, so you missed the opportunity there, and there's nothing to be done until another playthrough.

EDIT: To my recollection,
Darkbeast Paarl
is one of the thresholds for the quest.

The cut-off point for Henryk and Eileen's fight at Gascoigne's Tomb is entering Forbidden Woods, I believe. You have to do it before that, otherwise it'll void.

Ferr986

I haven't played souls games other than BB and DS3. Is there anything in the souls series cheaper than defiled chalice and F/R/C root chalices? So many one shots even at 50 vitality and wearing health increase runes too.

Nope. Root 5 FRC Chalices are the hardest Soulsborne content.

Melchiah

The cut-off point for Henryk and Eileen's fight at Gascoigne's Tomb is entering Forbidden Woods, I believe. You have to do it before that, otherwise it'll void.

Just checked, and you're right.

http://bloodborne.wiki.fextralife.com/Eileen+the+Crow
Helping her defeat Henryk in the Tomb of Oedon is the tipping point of her quest - failure to do so before entering the Forbidden Woods for the first time will result in her becoming your enemy, and will prevent you from receiving any of the successive rewards other than the Crow Hunter Badge.

You must have opened two gates first: (A.) The large gate to the circular area, towards the Cathedral; and (2.) After going up the stairs, a short way, and turning right, you will have to pull a lever to open the smaller gate, leading back to the Cathedral Ward.
Killing Darkbeast Paarl causes her to disappear.
Killing the Witch of Hemwick before speaking to her in Cathedral Ward also causes her to disappear from this location.
Location 3: The Tomb of Oedon. This Lamp will not be accessible and will need to be traveled to via the Central Yharnam or Cathedral Ward lamp.
Location 4: Fighting the Bloody Crow of Cainhurst at the Grand Cathedral. This event will occur after slaying Rom, the Vacuous Spider

On a side note, I'm still missing one Vermin to complete Valtr's quest, and it seems I have no chance of finding a random co-op partner with my 227 level character. So, I was wondering if anyone here cared to help with that? =)

So apparently Bloodborne pvp in 2016 is still a thing. Had a lot hilarious invasions in the loft and managed to win a 2 on 1 but man do I suuuuuuck. I'm still terrible at punishing peeps that heal, for one thing. I go for the no-healing etiquette unless they heal first. Though what adds to the problem is that when I do allow myself to heal, I do it at the worst possible time.

I also counted at least 5 occasions where I landed a parry, but instead of following up with the visceral decided to R1 (with my current bloodtinge build, my viscerals don't kill anyone even if their health is half empty). The problem with that is that it does ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE. With bosses I know that unless I'm high on skill, aggroing the boss with R1 while they're staggered is the way to go, damage multiplier and whatnot. Doesn't seem to work in pvp otherwise I would've murdered those people right then and there. :(

Deku Tree

So apparently Bloodborne pvp in 2016 is still a thing. Had a lot hilarious invasions in the loft and managed to win a 2 on 1 but man do I suuuuuuck. I'm still terrible at punishing peeps that heal, for one thing. I go for the no-healing etiquette unless they heal first. Though what adds to the problem is that when I do allow myself to heal, I do it at the worst possible time.

I also counted at least 5 occasions where I landed a parry, but instead of following up with the visceral decided to R1 (with my current bloodtinge build, my viscerals don't kill anyone even if their health is half empty). The problem with that is that it does ABSOLUTELY NO DAMAGE. With bosses I know that unless I'm high on skill, aggroing the boss with R1 while they're staggered is the way to go, damage multiplier and whatnot. Doesn't seem to work in pvp otherwise I would've murdered those people right then and there. :(

Yeah at nightmare frontier or mergo loft middle or some official PvP dungeons you can still get a lot of PvP very quickly most of the time.

Ferr986

A little bit out of topic, but Dark Souls 2 is on sale for PS4 at 20€/$

Dark Souls 3 is discounted but the price is still shit, it's better to get it physical.

About Dark 2, be wary the game is pretty different, is way slower than Bloodborne and Souls 3, with a bigger emphasis on stamina consumption and more strict rolls. Is overall more methodical with it's combat. Amazing deal IMO though, it's the Souls game with more content.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nope. Root 5 FRC Chalices are the hardest Soulsborne content.
I have to agree with Ferr. People often say that Bloodborne is the easiest Soulsborne game, and maybe that's arguably true for the non-optional content (I still think that goes to Demon's Souls though), but the hardest optional stuff is still harder than anything else in the other games. I'd say it's followed by some of the DS2 DLC bosses though, but even those are not as crazy as some Root 5 FRC chalice dungeons.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
I've say this every now and then, but if you want to give Bloodborne a fresh little spin, turn off the HUD. It works best in NG+, and let me tell you things become a lot more tense when you don't know how much health you or the enemy have left. Part of me wants to dub it "hunter mode." The game becomes a little prettier, the animations a little more fluid, every battle looks WAY cooler. Especially the bosses. Just beat Bloodstarve with no HUD and no antidotes, and it was one of the most tense fight i've done in awhile.

Bought DS3 on sale, BB platinum has to wait for now, I think. Chalice dungeons are so boring :(

Chalice are indeed boring but harder than the main base and the modifiers makes the chalices interesting to play but damm that grind for material can be boring too

Matt Frost

I have to agree with Ferr. People often say that Bloodborne is the easiest Soulsborne game, and maybe that's arguably true for the non-optional content (I still think that goes to Demon's Souls though), but the hardest optional stuff is still harder than anything else in the other games. I'd say it's followed by some of the DS2 DLC bosses though, but even those are not as crazy as some Root 5 FRC chalice dungeons.

I did 5 NG on DS3 and was cake, while NG+ on BB was really hard. The bosses are more agressive since they are beasts and dont rely on heavy weapons that take time to swing, like most in DS3, plus Chalice Dungeons and Orphan of Kos (hardest thing I ever fought in a From game). Plus some of the other Old Hunters boss fights were more intense than Grundyr (the dark version) or Nameless King.

Dark Souls 3 is discounted but the price is still shit, it's better to get it physical.

About Dark 2, be wary the game is pretty different, is way slower than Bloodborne and Souls 3, with a bigger emphasis on stamina consumption and more strict rolls. Is overall more methodical with it's combat. Amazing deal IMO though, it's the Souls game with more content.

Currently at it, and yes, its more about stamina managment than anything else. Plus it seems easier.. for example at boss fights and big creatures: just go around them in circles until you get their back. Also, dunno if I can bear another From game after getting the Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne Platinum recently. Maybe will leave it for later.

After repeatedly getting my ass handed to me in the fishing hamlet, I decided to make more progress in the main game. Normal game seems much easier in comparison. Finished up Eileen's quest, which was much easier a fight than I expected. Then started and finished Nightmare Frontier. I didn't get a whole lot out of that area other than trophies though. The boss was easy, if annoying due to the high resistance. Those yetis were a bit unexpected. Reminded me of the giants in Dark Souls.

Lvl 60 is good.

The official guide recommends level 80, and at least one +9 weapon, for a balanced experience.

Keep in mind the first section of the DLC is abnormally hard. The other sections are less hard, outside of bosses. Lvl 60-80 is fine depending on how much vitality you have (the more the better).

VIT is generally one of my lower stats in favor of END and STR/DEX

I'll give it a go around lvl 60, I've been wanting a good challenge for a while. The only thing that gave me any sort of grief in DSIII was NK. The trouble of familiarity I guess.

Deku Tree

I'll give it a go around lvl 60, I've been wanting a good challenge for a while. The only thing that gave me any sort of grief in DSIII was NK. The trouble of familiarity I guess.

END is not an important stat to level up at all. Probably a good idea to stop leveling it up depending on where your at right now.

Maxed Vit helps you a lot for endurance, it passive increase the stamine bar faster than end itself

I should clarify, it helps you recover your stamina bar faster than End, the End stat pass to second or third stat priority (Vit is first stat priority unlees you are pretty familiar with the game) depending of your playstyle.

grmlin

Chalice are indeed boring but harder than the main base and the modifiers makes the chalices interesting to play but damm that grind for material can be boring too

yeah, sure. But running to all these corridors is sooooo boring compared to the main game.

I don't know, I want to push my char to the limits some day, but I needed a break.

Deku Tree

yeah, sure. But running to all these corridors is sooooo boring compared to the main game.

I don't know, I want to push my char to the limits some day, but I needed a break.

Well the main point of chalice dungeons is gems. And maybe getting the platinum.

For most builds you can be pretty OP in NG with the main game gems, and your still OP in NG+ if you do a little light. farming of the two winter lanterns near OoK in NG before you go to NG+. So no chalice dungeons needed to do both NG and NG+ and your still OP.

Ferr986

Chalices are a lot of fun at Depth 5. I actually miss them on Dark Souls 3.

The grind to reach there is boring though. They should have been endgame only and withouth the useless fixed ones.

Matt Frost

Been playing Dragon Age Origins and Dark Souls 2 but cant stop thinking about coming back to Bloodborne and farm some gems, finish the game once more, meet the characters I left behind... even after getting the Platinum. I love this game too much

Game continues to be easy after going through most of the DLC. Began
nightmare frontier up through microlash
. Can finally upgrade to +10.

norog

Chalices are a lot of fun at Depth 5. I actually miss them on Dark Souls 3.

The grind to reach there is boring though. They should have been endgame only and without the useless fixed ones.

Same sentiment here. Even just a couple fixed ones to get you into the swing of how they work, then let you dive into the procedural stuff where the good times are, that would have been fine. Not.. what is it, 8 fixed dungeons to unlock everything? Yuck.

Matt Frost

Been farming the Chalice Dungeons with glyphs Deku Tree told me to and damn the dude facing to the wall sure drops good ones and lots of "souls" (but still no striking ones), then I made the Isz one and lots of mushrooms here also drop amazing gems and the three bosses there arent that much trouble -LHB melts them-... and let me wondering about the lower floors of Isz, what could lie down there and which gems I can find.

I also wish for another Bloodborne expansion...

Deku Tree

Been farming the Chalice Dungeons with glyphs Deku Tree told me to and damn the dude facing to the wall sure drops good ones and lots of "souls" (but still no striking ones), then I made the Isz one and lots of mushrooms here also drop amazing gems and the three bosses there arent that much trouble -LHB melts them-... and let me wondering about the lower floors of Isz, what could lie down there and which gems I can find.

I also wish for another Bloodborne expansion...

I killed the madmen like 100-150 times or something and I got two of those gems with secondary bonus of charge ATK up with the best curse "stamina cost". It actually went pretty fast I thought... I was listening to some music while doing it.

Here is a list of the best possible blood gem setup for each weapon along with glyphs that everyone I have checked is still open of where to get each one. Only listed are the best possible drop

http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/best-blood-gems-setups.html

Individual Blood Gems
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/10/individual-blood-gems.html

Top-tier Farmable Gem Chalices
http://www.bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/bloodborne-top-tier-farmable-gem.html

Some of those can be a huge pain to farm though especially in FRC depth 5, depending upon your setup, and then it's RNG whether you get the good gem too. If your farming a layer 2-3 then you really have to save scum.

Some of the drops are extremely rare too. So you have to watch out.

Some of the people who compiled that data still post on the Bloodborne gamefaqs board. It's actually a pretty active and very friendly board.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Deku, you know your stuff. What's the best set-up for a Bloodtinge heavy Chikage build? Nothing on that lovely list, unfortunately.

Deku Tree

Hey Deku, you know your stuff. What's the best set-up for a Bloodtinge heavy Chikage build? Nothing on that lovely list, unfortunately.

If you want to farm really a lot then go for three out of shape 31.5% blood atk up gems. You'll probably need to farm efficiently for like 10-20 hours though. But your chikage in blood mode will be insane.

Or do one circular 31.5% blood atk and two 27.2% gems.

Or just do 3x 27.2% gems. Phys atk affects blood mode too. This one is the most effective in both modes.

Ferr986

Lost Chikage with a circle Bloodtinge +31% one (dropped by the shotgun fatties that guards chests) and 2 Physicals from the Watchers. Physical gems actually raises Bloodtinge damage too.

EDIT: Ah yes, I always forget about out of shape gems. Honestly, in almost 300 hours I only got 2 of them lol
Honestly, I remember farming hours for a circle 31,5% Bloodtinge with stamina down gem and even with that much time invested I never got an OOS gem... Between the 1% droprate and getting the shape you want, the out of shape farm is worse than a Korean MMO farm.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If you want to farm really a lot then go for three out of shape 31.5% blood atk up gems. You'll probably need to farm efficiently for like 10-20 hours though. But your chikage in blood mode will be insane.

Or do one circular 31.5% blood atk and two 27.2% gems.

Or just do 3x 27.2% gems. Phys atk affects blood mode too. This one is the most effective in both modes.

Nice one. You're a beautiful human being. Are there good farming spots for these?

Lost Chikage with a circle Bloodtinge +31% one (dropped by the shotgun fatties that guards chests) and 2 Physicals from the Watchers. Physical gems actually raises Bloodtinge damage too.

EDIT: Ah yes, I always forget about out of shape gems. Honestly, in almost 300 hours I only got 2 of them lol
Honestly, I remember farming hours for a circle 31,5% Bloodtinge with stamina down gem and even with that much time invested I never got an OOS gem... Between the 1% droprate and getting the shape you want, the out of shape farm is worse than a Korean MMO farm.

Ah, thanks. What's an Out of Shape Gem...?

Ferr986

Nice one. You're a beautiful human being. Are there good farming spots for these?

Ah, thanks. What's an Out of Shape Gem...?

For example, the shotgun fatties drops a circle Bloodtinge gem from 29 to 31 %. There's a 1% probability that this gem drops with a radial or triangle form instead cicle, that's an OoS gem. So, if you're extremely lucky (or waste like 100 hours farming lol) you can get 2 OoS radial 31,5% BT gems and the regular cicle one for your Lost Chikage.

But of course you need to get that 1% drop, then hope that the % of the gem is 31,5% (although even the lowest % is still higher than a phys gem), then that the curse does not suck, and then that it's the shape you need....

About chalices, pwmf22gu is a fast one to farm physical radials, 1st floor is the Watchers boss and the switch is really close to the start (be wary of the madman).

There was a really fast one for farming the shotgun fat guys for the BT gem, but I can't remember the code now and I'm not at home.

Matt Frost

Thanks again Deku, like Screaming Meat says, you truly know your stuff... do you know where I can farm blood chunks? Tried the blue eye wolfes but the drop rate is very tiny, is there a better place?

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
For example, the shotgun fatties drops a circle Bloodtinge gem from 29 to 31 %. There's a 1% probability that this gem drops with a radial or triangle form instead cicle, that's an OoS gem. So, if you're extremely lucky (or waste like 100 hours farming lol) you can get 2 OoS radial 31,5% BT gems and the regular cicle one for your Lost Chikage.

But of course you need to get that 1% drop, then hope that the % of the gem is 31,5% (although even the lowest % is still higher than a phys gem), then that the curse does not suck, and then that it's the shape you need....

About chalices, pwmf22gu is a fast one to farm physical radials, 1st floor is the Watchers boss and the switch is really close to the start (be wary of the madman).

There was a really fast one for farming the shotgun fat guys for the BT gem, but I can't remember the code now and I'm not at home.

Ah, okay. So it's a Gem with a shape that you don't normally get its bonus?

That farming sounds horrible! Still, may give it a go. My main's gems are only the story ones at the moment.

Thanks again, good sir(?).

Ferr986

Ah, okay. So it's a Gem with a shape that you don't normally get its bonus?

That farming sounds horrible! Still, may give it a go. My main's gems are only the story ones at the moment.

Thanks again, good sir(?).

More like a gem dropping with a different shape than the usual.

If I were you , I would go for the 27 phys + 31BT on a Lost Chikage, and then farm the OoS gems if you want. Considering you only have the story ones, you'll get a good bump on damage that would help you a lot.

The phys ones are rather easy to farm. I mean, you probably will get meh curses like the -AT beast or kin down but the farming targets are neither beasts or kins.

Thanks again Deku, like Screaming Meat says, you truly know your stuff... do you know where I can farm blood chunks? Tried the blue eye wolfes but the drop rate is very tiny, is there a better place?

Should be fast enough. Are you using the Eye runes and the Kin transformation rune? They bump item discovery. You should be able to buy them with insight too, but it's rather expensive...
Depth 5 bosses also drop them, even at layer 1. For example, if you're killing Layer 1 watchers for gems you may get 1 or 2.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
More like a gem dropping with a different shape than the usual.

If I were you , I would go for the 27 phys + 31BT on a Lost Chikage, and then farm the OoS gems if you want. Considering you only have the story ones, you'll get a good bump on damage that would help you a lot.

The phys ones are rather easy to farm. I mean, you probably will get meh curses like the -AT beast or kin down but the farming targets are neither beasts or kins.

Sounds good and thanks again. Another question though (sorry to be a pain): Where do I get the Lost Chikage...? :D

Top Bottom