• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne: PVP Details, New Screenshots, HDD Size

aravuus

Cooperative Play Incompletion
If the host or guest(s) die, or a guest uses the Silencing Blank item, the guest(s) are returned to their own world/game, and do not receive the bonus reward.

So, no EXP (is it blood now? I forgot) gained if you die as a guest? Or is the bonus reward something else?

Didn't you still keep all the souls you got as a summoned helper even if you/the host died before killing the boss in DkS2?

tcrunch

When is the review embargo up?

Unknown.

So, no EXP (is it blood now? I forgot) gained if you die as a guest? Or is the bonus reward something else?

Didn't you still keep all the souls you got as a summoned helper even if you/the host died before killing the boss in DkS2?

They probably mean "bonus reward" like the humanity candybar you get in Souls, not your xp.

I don't believe there were many either.

One thing to remember is that even if there are only a few basic "types" of weapons, that doesn't mean there aren't a good number of variations of that type. For example, DeS had a limited number of types such as:

Greatsword
Straight Sword
Rapier
Katana
Curved Sword
Club
Great Club
Spears
Poles

There was a large amount of diversity contained in those weapon categories, plus the different upgrade paths you could take them on.

As long as there are a number of interesting options within each type of weapon, I'll be satisfied. I can't see there being only one type of Kirkhammer, for example.

People always forget the halberd =[

Still sad that there's no physical Soundtrack with the steelbook edition.

As far as Co-op is concerned I think I will miss the summon signs. I wonder how NPC summons will work with this new method?

Violater

sword/scythe too

tumblr_na7fb9UXVG1rn9ge0o8_500.gif

Seems like crowd control time.

kpaadet

Coming from Dsk2 where the variety in weapons and shields is very big, I'm just hoping that Bloodborne won't only have about 15 melee weapons due to their transformation capabilities. I don't really want to see the same build type over and over again when either being invaded or playing co-op.
DS2 might have alot of weapons but when it comes to pvp or late pve there are 1-2 weapon(s) in each category which is considered "best" and is used by the majority. Would rather have 30 unique weapons than 90 weapons were half are trash and the other half are very much alike but with small difference in stats.

Zaventem

Coming from Dsk2 where the variety in weapons and shields is very big, I'm just hoping that Bloodborne won't only have about 15 melee weapons due to their transformation capabilities. I don't really want to see the same build type over and over again when either being invaded or playing co-op.

I doubt it will be only 15. We might see different variations of the same x weapon/y weapon combo though.

So can you play the story completely in coop? (haven't been following)

I do have this question myself too. Probably only segments. Cutscenes will be tied to 1 player.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is who it was in Dark Souls 1 if I'm remembering correctly (haven't played DS2 online).

Sort of, but not really. You can signal a summon, and you can now add a password to the summon (so be sure to coordinate that). Once your friend is in the game, you can progress together, but once you defeat the boss, the phantom's disappear.

Note that when you also summon, that also leaves you open to invasion by red phantom's, so prepare for that as well.

However, I'm pretty sure that the phantom which gets brought into the world does not get their progress saved in terms of bosses defeated / world state (shortcuts, etc), as they are merely a ghost in that world, and it is not their own. Thus, you would need to do each area twice to keep each other at an equal point in the game (once where you are host, and friend is phantom and go back to area and do it vice versa). You do get xp/currency though (whatever they're calling it). However, I also do not believe the phantom's can pick up items or interact with NPC's.

So while you can play together, it's not true co-op all the way through like it is in most games.

*Edit* Maybe things have changed with Bloodborne, but it does not seem drastically different from the Soul's formula.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is who it was in Dark Souls 1 if I'm remembering correctly (haven't played DS2 online).

Sort of, but not really. You can signal a summon, and you can now add a password to the summon (so be sure to coordinate that). Once your friend is in the game, you can progress together, but once you defeat the boss, the phantom's disappear.

Note that when you also summon, that also leaves you open to invasion by red phantom's, so prepare for that as well.

However, I'm pretty sure that the phantom which gets brought into the world does not get their progress saved in terms of bosses defeated / world state (shortcuts, etc), as they are merely a ghost in that world, and it is not their own. Thus, you would need to do each area twice to keep each other at an equal point in the game (once where you are host, and friend is phantom and go back to area and do it vice versa). You do get items, xp, etc though.

This is all correct except you don't get items as a phantom. Also note that after you kill a boss in an area you can't summon help there again, and since there will be backtracking, you'll have to traverse those areas alone on subsequent visits.

I did make one edit though, as I think I had one thing wrong.

Phantom's can not pick up items or interact with NPC's, only the host. Phantom's can get some items for defeating a boss, but that's it I believe.

Right?

In Demon's you got revived to human, in Dark you got a soft humanity, and in Dark 2 you get a Human Effigy for helping beat a boss as a phantom.

Sanctuary

I had the same problem so I went to Kings Field II on PSX, as I never played it before. It's pretty fun to see how far From has come.

Demon's Souls was an even more impressive experience if you had played the King's Field games back in the 90s. It really dropped a nostalgia bomb hard, and it was especially impactful because no one else had made games with such an odd and memorable atmosphere.

41GBs, huh? Do games fully install from the disc? I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne and FF Type-0. It's still in its box. lol

Same, although I have been using the DS4 on the PC. It's easily my favorite console controller.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
In Demon's you got revived to human, in Dark you got a soft humanity, and in Dark 2 you get a Human Effigy for helping beat a boss as a phantom.
Which brings another question. Is there a Hollow/Soul form in BB? I remember back when the game was announced rumors that
you would eventually turn into a beast.

So does Bloodborne have much of a story? I mean, is there a fairly cohesive narrative?

We don't really know. There's a story, but it seems to be a story a la Dark Souls. Lots fragmentary details that you put together from optional npc dialogue and item descriptions, plus an opening and ending cutscene. I think Dark Souls has a great story, but that's because I'm invested in the game. It doesn't work for some people.

I expect a simple overarching plot like ringing the bells and linking the fire in Dark Souls with lots of complicated undertones to sniff out if it suits you.

So does Bloodborne have much of a story? I mean, is there a fairly cohesive narrative?

It's been closely guarded but we atleast know it is located in a city named Yharnam. Some sort of blood plague has wrecked the inhabitants of the city and they are turning / turned into beastly creatures. You are supposed to be a hunter sent into the city to " unravel its mysteries ".

Lots of stuff to be curious about regarding the storyline. Most especially if it has any connection with the world of Demons Souls. Something that is sidestepped when asked of from the developers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9kAbFa78kA

itHrGodRECGgd.gif

Shin-Ra

PS Plus Requirements
Certain online elements require a PS PLUS subscription in order to enjoy:
Online Feature
PS Plus Required
Online Multiplayer
YES
Asynchronous Online Features
YES
Sharing Generated Chalice Dungeons
YES
Installing Game Update
NO
Downloading Chalice Dungeon Data
NO
What are Asynchronous Online Features in Bloodborne?

Non-synchronous multiplayer features are supposed to be exempt from the PS+ requirement.

http://faq.en.playstation.com/app/a...ystation®plus-membership-and-ps4™-online-play
Online play without a subscription

You don’t need to be a PlayStation®Plus member to play online on your PS3 or PS Vita, but we recommend subscribing as it allows you to take advantage of all the extra features you receive when you join.

You also do not need to be a member of PlayStation®Plus to play non-synchronous games on the PS4. Synchronous games are games where two consoles need to be synched up to communicate with each other in real time - for example if you are playing co-op or competition mode on a shooting or racing game. Non-synchronous games mean that the two consoles do not need to be communicating in real time – for example when playing turn based games like chess.

Top Bottom