• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Reviews Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

Hype is really real!!!!!! PS4 first classic is here. Also:

sinttulot1xdo.png

OMG

sarcoa

The other review thread was locked so...

With around 30 hours played, I haven't finished Bloodborne and obviously can't write my review.
I did, however, condense the first twenty hours into a 4000 word conversational overview. I talk about four boss fights, the first five or so opening levels, comparisons to Dark Souls, and why I believe Bloodborne operates on a level exceeding almost anything else out there.

Two fun things I'd like to share here:
- The interconnected world of Dark Souls returns. Most every level, if you can figure out out, loops back around itself. This also carries over to the larger overworld.
- I've never been more scared than when I set the Dual Shock 4 down, accidentally tapped the square button, and chucked a pebble right at the Doll's face. I thought she would die or something and I'd never be able to level up again. Thankfully, she took it like a champ and nothing happened.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
i've never been a huge fan of souls but i'll probably pick this up...to be honest i'm just fucking happy that there's FINALLY a must-buy game for PS4 that isn't a remaster or a rerelease. i'm fucking PUMPED.

Looks like I'll be buying Bloodborne then. Never played a souls game before so I know I'm going to get wrecked and the atmosphere seems 2spooky4me but I'll give it a bash.

hohoXD123

Great scores. I thought I was meant to be worried because of the late embargo? Maybe next time x game has a late embargo we can cite this thread.

Interested to see how the online is now, please don't mess this up.

Kssio_Aug

If this game scores as good as I expect, I'm not sure if I will be able to hold myself and not give my money to it next month!

I've just not bought it yet cause I've just purchased a N3DS with Zelda OoT and Pokemon, and I'm also playing Halo MCC and Resident Evil Revelations all the time during my free time... and I'm enjoying those games a lot! So there are too many games and too little time.

Damn! T-T

Miyazaki's brutal riposte confirmed
Great scores so far, i have the game since friday, 25 hours in and everything, EVERYTHING, in this game is absolute amazing

From the IGN Review:

[Editor’s Note: Due to the late arrival of review copies, our Bloodborne review is not yet complete. Above, you’ll find our impressions after the first 40 hours of play - we estimate there’s as much as 40 more where that came from. You can expect to see our completed review later this week.

GOD DAMN

dmr87

Siliconera said:
Perhaps to best conclusion to draw is simply that Bloodborne is different but largely the same. It has a ton in common with the Souls games, but if you approach it the exact same way then you’ll have some issues. If you’ve never cared for the Souls games, I don’t think you’ll find much to appreciate in Bloodborne. For those are already initiated into these kinds of games, however, it’s like trying a different flavor of ice cream, except the ice cream wants you dead. Personally, I’ve had a blast playing so far, and I feel like I’ve only scratched the surface.

Score: N/A

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/03/23/bloodborne-different-largely/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom