• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Reviews Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dogflaps

Banned
Dude, I'm not upset, I just have no patience with childishness, that was the way you answered me, and about this guy from IGN, I'm sorry but he must have some delay in the head or some problem at hand to suffer so much in a game is not that hard. So it is not just come and write so much bullshit like that about a game that he did not know how to play.

It's like I write about chess without Knowing the rules

And he's paid for it, to play and write about video games.

You understand that because you personally do not find the game hard, that does not mean that everyone else in the world shares your viewpoint & experience, right?

Speaking of childishness, at the age of around 4, children begin to learn that people other than themselves are capable of having their own thoughts, feelings, emotions and experiences. You do not seem to have developed this ability yet. You're going through this thread ranting and raving about how the game isn't difficult and how people who find it difficult must be 'delayed in the head'. You don't find the game difficult, pat on the back for you mate, well done. But there's no need to go around insulting people who do find it difficult.

delay in the head
tumblr_mx6x1h1eVW1r7wse8o5_250.gif

Art1mus

Neo Member
You understand that because you personally do not find the game hard, that does not mean that everyone else in the world shares your viewpoint & experience, right?

Speaking of childishness, at the age of around 4, children begin to learn that people are capable of having their own thoughts, feelings, emotions and experiences. You do not seem to have developed this ability yet. You're going through this thread ranting and raving about how the game isn't difficult and how people who find it difficult must be 'delayed in the head'. You don't find the game difficult, pat on the back for you mate, well done. But there's no need to go around insulting people who do find it difficult.

I think its you who is getting a bit upset here. He is just criticizing an industry guy. People in the spotlight get criticized often, that's normal. Guess you should just chill out a bit.

dogflaps

Banned
I think its you who is getting a bit upset here. He is just criticizing an industry guy. People in the spotlight get criticized often, that's normal. Guess you should just chill out a bit.

I just can not understand these people.
- in reference to people finding Souls games difficult.

The Souls and Bloodborne series is not at all difficult, those who have problem in playing this series is bad with the control.

I was not stuck 12 hours in the first boss, crying on the internet.

I'm sorry but he must have some delay in the head

People are allowed to find the game difficult. I have said in previous comments that if the guy at IGN complained about the game without taking the time to learn the mechanics etc then he is being unreasonable.

But there's not need to go round the thread stating that anyone who finds the game difficult is 'delayed in the head' and that people are 'crying on the internet'. We can't all be as good at games as this guy clearly is, but there's no need for such aggression.

Yes, nowadays people want everything easy, it is not about being good or not in a game,

you have the patience to be challenged and learn how to deal with mistakes. Just that.

Now do not think that their lack of capacity in the game is justified because the "game is very difficult."

About the delay in the head, it is just a moderate/soft form of writing.

Also because English is not my native language and did not know that in some places it is argued through emoticons and gifs.

Sushi Nao

Hi guys, I've been busy with class and haven't been able to keep up with this thread, but are Giant Bomb not doing a review? I saw they did the quick look - I assume it's glowing, but I haven't watched it due to spoilers cause I haven't had the chance to play much - so I'm just wondering if they'll get to it eventually or just figured nah on this one. Thanks!

Hi guys, I've been busy with class and haven't been able to keep up with this thread, but are Giant Bomb not doing a review? I saw they did the quick look - I assume it's glowing, but I haven't watched it due to spoilers cause I haven't had the chance to play much - so I'm just wondering if they'll get to it eventually or just figured nah on this one. Thanks!

Its either gonna be Brad or Dan who's gonna review it, but they're taking their time with it and combing through everything. Brad is a big fan of the souls game and Dan is a fan of DS2 and they've both been really enjoying this (sounds like Dan more so unsurprisingly)

Sushi Nao

Its either gonna be Brad or Dan who's gonna review it, but they're taking their time with it and combing through everything. Brad is a big fan of the souls game and Dan is a fan of DS2 and they've both been really enjoying this (sounds like Dan more so unsurprisingly)

Oh, great! Looking forward to that.

Kusagari

Dan is the type of person that should avoid Souls games like the plague.

It's not that he sucks. It's that he clearly didn't explore or experiment. The fact he never found the shortcut to Cleric Beast in 12 hours shows he probably stuck to one route the entire time and never looked elsewhere.

Souls isn't a series for rigid people like that at all. You will never succeed looking at the game in that way.

Dynasty8

Yes, nowadays people want everything easy, it is not about being good or not in a game,

you have the patience to be challenged and learn how to deal with mistakes. Just that.

Now do not think that their lack of capacity in the game is justified because the "game is very difficult."

About the delay in the head, it is just a moderate/soft form of writing.

Also because English is not my native language and did not know that in some places it is argued through emoticons and gifs.

Well said.

I'm so glad this game is getting amazing reviews.

Most of last gen's games were overloaded with waypoints, maps, checkpoints, tutorials, hand holding, QTE's, instant respawns... It's depressing how this has become the standard now. It has spoiled so many new and old gamers alike.

If you want to progress in a game, you have to earn it! This is why I can't take a "game journalist" seriously when they just complain about the difficulty.

The reviewers giving this game 9's and 10's prove to me that these reviewers can in fact recognize true quality...and this game is pure fucking Gold.

Dan is the type of person that should avoid Souls games like the plague.

It's not that he sucks. It's that he clearly didn't explore or experiment. The fact he never found the shortcut to Cleric Beast in 12 hours shows he probably stuck to one route the entire time and never looked elsewhere.

Souls isn't a series for rigid people like that at all. You will never succeed looking at the game in that way.

Even if he's not good at the game, he's still really enjoying it. The thing that makes souls games so good is that there's so many different ways to enjoy it and the satisfaction that comes with making progress is more than enough motivation to keep going with it. If he's having fun, why shouldn't he play it?

Even if he's not good at the game, he's still really enjoying it. The thing that makes souls games so good is that there's so many different ways to enjoy it and the satisfaction that comes with making progress is more than enough motivation to keep going with it. If he's having fun, why shouldn't he play it?
I think he's talking about the other Dan that posted the IGN article.

Aeana

I'm tired of posting warnings and coming back afterward to see the same stuff. I'm not babysitting this thread anymore. And since if I don't say it, people will do it: this does not mean to move review discussion into the OT. It means review discussion about this game is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom