• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne Reviews Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Souls and Bloodborne series is not at all difficult, those who have problem in playing this series is bad with the control. This difficulty should be normal these days. People are so used to the game that will take you in hand, the tutorials are scattered throughout the Hunter Dream. The sad thing is seeing "journalists" crying because he can not play. Go do something else, man.

PBY

Banned
The Souls and Bloodborne series is not at all difficult, those who have problem in playing this series is bad with the control. This difficulty should be normal these days. People are so used to the game that will take you in hand, the tutorials are scattered throughout the Hunter Dream. The sad thing is seeing "journalists" crying because he can not play. Go do something else, man.
Wait what.

I'm assuming the IGN article bashing Bloodborne has already been discussed to death?

I accidentally visited IGN earlier to check and see if they finished their review of the game yet, and that was the article highlighted in the navigation bar. Whose idea was it to bash a game before the review's even finished? I know it's not the same guy who's writing the review, but it seems like a terrible click-bait idea.

It's a casual gamer complaining about Bloodborne not being more casual-friendly, and to me that seems more like a piece he should have posted on his blog rather than something making the front page of IGN with 14k replies.

If people like him had his way, I wouldn't be enjoying the game so much.

I assume you're referring to the Wiki?

That's community-driven, and they also have several freelancers add content to their guides.

The real question you should be asking is why IGN got their review copy late, yet they were the ones providing full exclusive coverage for the game before its release.
He was in Central Yarnham for 12 hours and still complains about the lack of a map... Honestly baffling to me. By the time I'm done with a Souls game the world is imprinted on my mind.

PBY

Banned
He was in Central Yarnham for 15 hours and still complains about the lack of a map... Honestly baffling to me. By the time I'm done with a Souls game the world is imprinted on my mind.
so what? It's not like his opinion is crazy or too out there. Lots of people experience these games in this way.

Piece is fine, no need to get worked up over one dude. Gerstmann hates these games too- and what?

Ryuzaki07

Banned
Theyre definetly not as difficult as people make them out to be.

so what? It's not like his opinion is crazy or too out there. Lots of people experience these games in this way.

Piece is fine, no need to get worked up over one dude. Gerstmann hates these games too- and what?
It's just surprising to me, that's all. I'm not worked up, he can feel however he wants.

Also, he keeps saying it takes 15 minutes to get back to the first boss? Did he miss the obvious shortcut that cuts it down to 1-2 minutes?

Hydrargyrus

I don't usually talk about GOTY awards or suchlike vehemently, but I highly doubt that I will play a game better that this throughout generation.

Probably my GOTG, like Demon's Souls was the previous gen

PBY

Banned
It's just surprising to me, that's all. I'm not worked up, he can feel however he wants.

Also, he keeps saying it takes 15 minutes to get back to the first boss? Did he miss the obvious shortcut that cuts it down to 1-2 minutes?
Probably? And that doesn't invalidate his thoughts either. Nothing is communicated in these games and that turns some people off.

Dude- I love this game, but "plenty" is deffff not communicated, especially compared to the average game.
Plenty is a relative term so our opinions on it may differ. Regardless, you said nothing was communicated which is false.

Between the NPC's, tool-tips on menus, and tutorial notes in the Hunter's Dream I feel like "plenty" is communicated to the player.

Yes, I can not understand these people, the last game I played the souls series was there in 2010. Demons souls, and not finished because I had to return to the owner. I liked a lot. Then I did not have time to play games and keep out of time, but played bloodborne, died a 7 times to get to the first boss, normal, have not caught all game mechanics, I confuse the buttons yet. My two brothers also played and not as having difficulty, one of them did not finish dark souls and the other is a veteran in the series. But I followed some streams of new players and he managed to progress, just be patient and not be a crybaby. And then there's coop mode, which greatly eases things. I just can not understand these people.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Yes, I can not understand these people, the last game I played the souls series was there in 2010. Demons souls, and not finished because I had to return to the owner. I liked a lot. Then I did not have time to play games and keep out of time, but played bloodborne, died a 7 times to get to the first boss, normal, have not caught all game mechanics, I confuse the buttons yet. My two brothers also played and not as having difficulty, one of them did not finish dark souls and the other is a veteran in the series. But I followed some streams of new players and he managed to progress, just be patient and not be a crybaby. And then there's coop mode, which greatly eases things. I just can not understand these people.

Please stop.

Essential is officially a 10, just check Google!
0ZXpAJp.png

I'm assuming the IGN article bashing Bloodborne has already been discussed to death?

I accidentally visited IGN earlier to check and see if they finished their review of the game yet, and that was the article highlighted in the navigation bar. Whose idea was it to bash a game before the review's even finished? I know it's not the same guy who's writing the review, but it seems like a terrible click-bait idea.

It's a casual gamer complaining about Bloodborne not being more casual-friendly, and to me that seems more like a piece he should have posted on his blog rather than something making the front page of IGN with 14k replies.

That's community-driven, and they also have several freelancers add content to their guides.

The real question you should be asking is why IGN got their review copy late, yet they were the ones providing full exclusive coverage for the game before its release.

He took TWELVE HOURS TO BEAT THE CLERIC BEAST?

Are you fucking kidding me?

I upgraded everything found everything even did some grinding as I'm pretty experienced with souls games but 12 fucking hours what the hell was he fucking doing?

He was in Central Yarnham for 12 hours and still complains about the lack of a map... Honestly baffling to me. By the time I'm done with a Souls game the world is imprinted on my mind.
I laughed when he opened up saying he killed the first boss 12 hours in.

I really want to watch someone like this play the game, just so I can see what problems they're actually running into, and how.

I would understand if it was just the difficulty in actually fighting enemies, but he's actually having trouble navigating a single area he's been in for 12 hours, and that's troubling to me.

DieH@rd

Banned

I upgraded everything found everything even did some grinding as I'm pretty experienced with souls games but 12 fucking hours what the hell was he fucking doing?

"he wanted to give a game a chance"

Probably sitting on twitter complaining about it, he nearly posted hourly updates of how much he hated it.

I laughed when he opened up saying he killed the first boss 12 hours in.

I really want to watch someone like this play the game, just so I can see what problems they're actually running into, and how.

I would understand if it was just the difficulty in actually fighting enemies, but he's actually having trouble navigating a single area he's been in for 12 hours, and that's troubling to me.

Maybe he missed it and went to the sewers first, or cleared all areas again after returning from the Hunter's Dream? Add a few deaths here and there and a couple deaths at the Cleric Beast and you can lose quite a lot of hours in the beginning. Not 12 but 8 could certainly be possible.

Probably sitting on twitter complaining about it, he nearly posted hourly updates of how much he hated it.
Oh wow, really?

Imagine being the actual critic writing up the review for the game in the next cubicle over, and knowing this guy was going to get his article about the game out before your review.

The guy reviewing the game actually has something really good written up at the moment, and is 40+ hours in, willing to put in that amount of time before actually criticizing the game.

And then you've got his co-worker with 12 hours of playtime.

Emedan

12 hours... So far I've only played a little at my friends house but I played for 2-3 hours max and I am pretty confident I know my way around Central Yarnham already, is he mentally challenged or something? I Finished the two first bosses too, so I suppose I cleared the area?

A secret shortcut didn't tell me where the secret was...bad game
It's not even that secret. With Souls games they generally coerce you towards finding shortcuts before fighting a boss. Open your eyes and explore a little. Maybe after 30 hours in Central Yarnham he would have stumbled across it.

Grady

Lol, it looks like it took him 12 hours to jut beat cleric beast. That would explain his frustration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-LWG9k9h74&feature=youtu.be&a&hd=1

One of the dumbest subjects I've heard in regards to a game. Someone trying to review a game, calling it overrated without playing it because they saw enough videos on it make a judgement. It's also exactly like a car everyone, because good cars you can tell how they are because of how they look and drive when you see someone else. It's the same thing!

planet-of-the-apes-Charlton-Heston-taylor-laughing-reaction-1377851868j.gif

It's so ridiculous he says there is no depth like come on bruh.

takriel

A secret shortcut didn't tell me where the secret was...bad game

I despise people like this, jeez. What is wrong with them? Are they too spoiled by today's braindead AAA titles?

Back on topic: I'm still interested to see what score IGN will give the game. Will it be higher than 9?

Edit: What is wrong with me? I shouldn't be so harsh.

dogflaps

Banned

What on Earth are you even saying?

dogflaps

Banned

Soz m8, we can't all be video game Gods like you...

bosseye

Ha, that IGN article is amazing. Its 2 pages to say I RAGE QUIT.

Which I can understand, I rage quite Dark Souls a number of times but I never basically called the game a big load of old shit because of my failings. And a number of his complaints (no map for example) are just laughable, essentially "I'm bad at this game, therefore the game is bad"

Will be buying Bloodborne this evening.

EL CUCO

It's not even that secret. With Souls games they generally coerce you towards finding shortcuts before fighting a boss. Open your eyes and explore a little. Maybe after 30 hours in Central Yarnham he would have stumbled across it.

To top it off, that "secret" shortcut isn't very secret at all. For fuck's sake, he could see the shortcut directly in front of the lantern every time he died (probably in the 100's).
Totally agree. Dude was probably terrified to go any other direction than the one he was already familiar with. Souls games are meant to be explored and discovered. I mean...isn't the lack of exploration in games a pretty big gripe these days? I'll never understand. Lol

takriel

Ha, that IGN article is amazing. Its 2 pages to say I RAGE QUIT.

Which I can understand, I rage quite Dark Souls a number of times but I never basically called the game a big load of old shit because of my failings. And a number of his complaints (no map for example) are just laughable, essentially "I'm bad at this game, therefore the game is bad"

Will be buying Bloodborne this evening.

Treat it with respect, and it will treat you back with respect
mostly :p
. Welcome to the hunt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom