• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodborne sold through more than 1 million units worldwide as of April 5

Fhtagn

This is awesome news. Heartwarming that a game with such an uncompromising vision can be embraced so widely.

I haven't exhausted the "story" Chalice Dungeons yet but I'm eager to hear news of DLC.

nice, here's for a couple millions more

rWswEMd.gif

Endo Punk

Incredible news. Since the day of release I wanted, no I hoped Sony would soon announce that it sold 1 million. Gamers win again by showing that quality gameplay experiences will always win over shallow experiences meant to hype grafix.

sense

When I say flop, I mean in terms of what Sony expected for it. They really did give it a serious marketing push, to the point where I was wondering why Insomniac games never got that kind of push during PS3 days... Internally they have to be disappointed about it.
You don't gloat sales about a game that is panned critically imo

Percy

Banned
Bu bu but Bloodborne's gonna sell badly I was told by certain gaffers!

lol, it's definitely well deserved. Best game this console gen* by far.

*not published by Nintendo

Osahi

Well deserved. By far the best game of this new generation so far. And yes, I played Forza Horizon 2, Ori and Sunset Overdrive. Which I loved.

Kill3r7

Dark Souls 2 PC wasn't released day and date with the console versions, but point still stands

PC release date was April 25th while console release was March 11 for most of the world and 14th for EU. All indication are that BB is beating DS2 in sales which is an excellent result for an exclusive title but it is also showing similar legs to DS2 which is kind of disappointing.

Bloodborne : 1 million sold in 10 days (PS4)

Dark Souls II : 1.2 million shipped in 3 weeks (PS3, 360, PC)

Very impressive. It may not beat the Dark Souls games (because of how well they did on PC) but it will probably be close in the end.

This impressive shows how loyal the Souls fanbase is. For the game to pull off such good sales on such a much smaller install base likely means that I was far from alone in buying a PS4 for this game.

Sony did well in bringing this game out early in the generation. It will likely have increased the install base quite a bit, but even more importantly, they built up a sizable audience that love games for being games. Could mean a lot for the kind of games we will get in the future on the platform.

RexNovis

Banned
I wonder what the Retail vs Digital split on the game looks like. Seems to have sold really well on PSN. Regardless I would be surprised if NPD doesnt end up being around 400k given 1 million sales worldwide. It would undoubtedly be even higher if they factored in digital sales.

Apathy

What a shame. This game deserves to sell way more than just one million. Come on ps4 owners.
Congratulations to FROM though. They made me a fan of the series now.

It's on a single platform and already selling better than any other souls game that were released in two consoles. Is not like it's going to be a 10 million seller. At 1 million in 12 days is just crazy.

Elixist

Very impressive. It may not beat the Dark Souls games (because of how well they did on PC) but it will probably be close in the end.

This impressive shows how loyal the Souls fanbase is. For the game to pull off such good sales on such a much smaller install base likely means that I was far from alone in buying a PS4 for this game.

Sony did well in bringing this game out early in the generation. It will likely have increased the install base quite a bit, but even more importantly, they built up a sizable audience that love games for being games. Could mean a lot for the kind of games we will get in the future on the platform.

heck ya, were already seeing souls influence on the indie scene, i'd really like ubi to try a souls style game with no minimap, fun exploring etc.

wapplew

I wonder what the Retail vs Digital split on the game looks like. Seems to have sold really well on PSN. Regardless I would be surprised if NPD doesnt end up being around 400k given 1 million sales worldwide. It would undoubtedly be even higher if they factored in digital sales.

I think NPD will be lower just because PS4 have much more global appeal. There are rather sizable market beside NA and EU.

Top Bottom