• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Spoiler Thread (read OP)

jmaine_ph

On the surface it didn't bother me but after getting rekt I could see myself just wanting to jump right back in and getting a little annoyed. I'm sure they can patch this though.

Afrodium

Banned
Damn, the boring ass loading screen is a bummer. I mean, I feel foolish complaining about such a minute detail, and this game must be good if this is the biggest flaw, but they already had it right with Dark Souls and now there's just a giant logo of the game. The item descriptions already exist! It can't be that hard to just put them on the loading screen.

The loading screen is a bigger issue for me than the times, i was sure it would just be a placeholder for the alpha. If not item descriptions then at least give me some cool character art to look at like Demon's.

Still, it's a good sign if the only thing we can find to moan about is the loading screen.

TraBuch

Banned
The loading screen is a flaw. A tiny one, but a flaw nonetheless. With the amount of dying and warping we'll be doing, that's gonna be one annoying ass screen.

On the other hand, when the only bad thing you can say about the game so far is a boring loading screen, that says a lot about the game.

Posted this earlier in the thread but it really needs to be seen again to understand how baffling the loading screen decision is, despite it being a very small issue overall.

Here's loading screens from the other games

Demon's Souls:

617987-demon-s-souls-playstation-3-screenshot-random-loading-screen.jpg

Dark Souls:

Dark Souls II:

....and...Bloodborne lol.

Gbraga

Damn, the boring ass loading screen is a bummer. I mean, I feel foolish complaining about such a minute detail, and this game must be good if this is the biggest flaw, but they already had it right with Dark Souls and now there's just a giant logo of the game. The item descriptions already exist! It can't be that hard to just put them on the loading screen.

Yeah, I think that's the main issue. They know how to do it right. We're not asking them to improve, just not to regrede.

It does sound nitpicky as hell, but if it's a small thing to complain about, it must also be a small thing to fix, right?

jmaine_ph

Posted this earlier in the thread but it really needs to be seen again to understand how baffling the loading screen decision is, despite it being a very small issue overall.

Demon's Souls:

Dark Souls:

Dark Souls II:

Yea I think they should make the loading screens like the Dark Souls games. That would make the wait more interactive

Demon's Souls:

Dark Souls:

Dark Souls II:

Dont forget to mention DS1 and 2 changes the loading screens to nearly any item description in game, I dunno about Demon Souls

My guide from amazon says April 30th delivery date now :(

Mine still has no date listed. I wouldn't worry about it.

It's been delayed it looks like. From the Amazon page:

IMPORTANT UPDATE
=> The page count is increased from 400 to 528 pages.
=> The Collector's Edition guide is delayed to include important game changes applied through the Day-One-Update, ensuring that it will be up-to-date and that online-only elements are covered.

Thanks for your patience and understanding.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3869930691/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I like how they went with the "good news, bad news" way of telling us.

Vire

Load screen thing is a bit of a bummer, especially since I remember how much I hated this in Unity:

srd4cm7pwkuaszekrpvb.gif

I didn't think taking away the ability to walk/run/fight in the load screen would be a big deal, but holy shit, the extra long load times combined with an infinitely spinning icon drove me insane.

This is now the OT, only with a different name.

In other news, I really hope the title for the OT is:

Bloodborne |OT| Welcome home, good hunter.

I'm still lobbying for:

Bloodborne |OT1| Miyazaki's Brutal Riposte

"And so the nightly hunt begins" is another better title for the first OT as well.

But forcing you to level up via an npc doesnt add nothing to the game other than having to listen to "seek...seek...lest" everytime you want to level up. Again, ds1 did it the best.

DeS did it best for me. A story related NPC with reason to be able to level you up, along with her saying playing in the background and not something you skip though to get to the menu.

Hub world to any lantern? If that is the case might as well make it lantern to lantern. Otherwise you will be wasting time warping to hub just to pick the lantern you want to warp to.

That seems to be the point. To make it not as easy to just warp everywhere.
With how interconnected the world is said to be I was hoping the warps would only be to the a couple of starting areas of each "new" area, but oh well.

"It must have been recalled, we can't override it." The saddness is real.

That is the lie they use whenever they make a mistake like that. Get a manager if that ever happens with an item that was on display that they will not sell if you want to be a jerk about it. I'm not sure how much leeway they have with breaking street date with games, but I do know that with figures and toys if it is out on display the manager has to override it for you at some stores. Sort of like how if the wrong price is listed in store they have to honor that price until it is taken down. Not positive about Walmart, and once again not positive about video games, as they may have a different set of rules set to them.

Grady

Mine still has no date listed. I wouldn't worry about it.

Just saw this on amazon website

IMPORTANT UPDATE
=> The Collector's Edition guide is delayed to include important game changes applied through the Day-One-Update, ensuring that it will be up-to-date and that online-only elements are covered.

Publication date April 14th

Gbraga

That seems to be the point. To make it not as easy to just warp everywhere.
With how interconnected the world is said to be I was hoping the warps would only be to the a couple of starting areas of each "new" area, but oh well.

But it's not any harder, you don't have to beat the boss to go back to Nexus this time, it's as if you had to go back to Majula before warping back to another bonfire in Dark Souls II, except with longer loading times.

I don't like free warping, but if you're gonna do it, do it right.

Just saw this on amazon website

IMPORTANT UPDATE

Publication date April 14th

I'm good with that. I don't "USE" these as guides. They're artbooks and collector's items for me.

dan2026

Loading times from the stream that was posted here before:

From a location to the Dream Refuge took 10 seconds.
From the Dream Refuge back to the previous location took 48 seconds.
There was a 45 second loading time after dying.

I didn't see a lot of loading during the stream so these times may be longer than the norm.

That is pretty awful. There is nothing like almost a minute of loading between areas to ruin an experience.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
So. I played dark souls on an pc with a 500 evo. Loading on dark souls 2 was literally 2 to 3 seconds. Is the loading bad on this? Any news on if it's getting fixed if it's long? I don't know if I'll be able to cope....:( long leading in a souls game sounds ruff. That screen is weak too. I'm sure they can patch something in

But it's not any harder, you don't have to beat the boss to go back to Nexus this time, it's as if you had to go back to Majula before warping back to another bonfire in Dark Souls II, except with longer loading times.

I don't like free warping, but if you're gonna do it, do it right.

It's a mixed bag. Making it more inconvenient doesn't mean it is an inferior game design, but I'm sure there are people that will disagree with me. Someone else has pointed out how it may encourage people to travel through the game to get to places in the same area you are in instead of warping. That is a plus to me.

Top Bottom