• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Spoiler Thread (read OP)

Finalow

seriously guys, how fucking hard could it be to add some artworks or item descriptions and make some loading screens?

I doubt that it will stay like that. still, it seems that's case for at least the first days (unless the day one patch is yet another different patch) so yeah, it sucks.

I count 16 bosses, I wonder if there are secret ones as well
reddit guy who finished the game wrote
30+
bosses, he probably included mini-bosses too.

Hoping an SSD will improve load times. It makes a drastic difference in Demon's Souls (cuts loading times almost in half), but Dark Souls 2 not so much. Not sure about Dark Souls 1. Of course that's the PS3, not the PS4. We'll see.

Posted this earlier in the thread but it really needs to be seen again to understand how baffling the loading screen decision is, despite it being a very small issue overall.

Here's loading screens from the other games

Demon's Souls:

Dark Souls:

Dark Souls II:

....and...Bloodborne lol.

Yeah its a bit of a bummer. Plus if loading is as long as it seems it would be nice with a little flavour text to read....

How about

Bloodborne |OT| And so the nightly hunt b...loading...

I dearly hope they fix it. In a game that is made to, and will, kill you often, fifty seconds each time a major fun drainer. A load screen picture won't help it tick faster. Warps are shorter, deaths are consistently very long to restart. Don't understand why with all the system resources.

Loading was the only painful thing to witness in my spoilerings. Dang it is long. Everything else is Berserk gold. Proud that I've resisted boss spoilers.

HOLY SHIT, never seen before BOSS!

welp

rna.gif

Bummed about the guide getting delayed until the 14th. It was going to tide me over at work until I was able to go home and actually play. Now staring at Bloodborne for 8 hours once it gets delivered is going to be even worse.... I should just bring my ps4 and hook it up in the conference room upstairs or better yet my desktop monitor and take a long lunch (aka the rest of the day).

JerkShep

Something I noticed about the bosses and the trophy list (very mild spoiler)
the chalice boss (the fire dog) we've seen is not on there, so as far as we know there could be a lot more bosses in the Chalice portion of the game

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
seriously guys, how fucking hard could it be to add some artworks or item descriptions and make some loading screens?

I doubt that it will stay like that. still, it seems that's case for at least the first days (unless the day one patch is yet another different patch) so yeah, it sucks.

reddit guy who finished the game wrote
30+
bosses, he probably included mini-bosses too.

People come on.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ugh...this loading screen issue is such a buzzkill. I think i'm gonna cancel my preorder if there's no patch before launch....

I am so so pumped for this game. Tuesday can't come soon enough. These impressions and spoilers are making it unbearable!

Me too, except for the spoiler part. I'm in this thread but I managed not to be spoiled. I can't wait for Tuesday. And the following week will be Spring break so I'm ready.

Blobbers

Other Souls loading screens just reinforce how appropriate the Bloodborne loading screen is.

They can't go the DS 1/2 route because what are they gonna do, just cycle 6 weapon descriptions ad infinitum? Would get tedious looking at the same text day 1.
They can't go the Demons' Souls route because the whole game is all dark and shit, including the artwork. It's not loading screen material.

The only route they could take really is black screen and logo.

My pre-order has been cancelled and I've been badgering my sister for 20 minutes now to cancel hers. She's so stubborn though.

convo

Ugh...this loading screen issue is such a buzzkill. I think i'm gonna cancel my preorder if there's no patch before launch....

I don't know, maybe the game will load faster when you install the game on an ssd.

Looking at the bosses i forgot just how intimidating some of the bosses in the souls games are, really looking forward what else lies ahead.

Aikidoka

no but the OT should have one, as in "quote to reveal password". neogaf67, bloodgaf, or something like that.

okay, see ya when you'll be craving for help right before that fog gate.

How do you put something in your post that can be revealed only in quotes?

Top Bottom