• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Spoiler Thread (read OP)

Vire

Boss looks absolutely amazing, but the environment isn't all that impressive for a showdown fight.

Just a square room with not much going on.

Tiger2.jpg

Ayee

You should probably spoiler tag that :p

Sylas

Boss looks absolutely amazing, but the environment isn't all that impressive for a showdown fight.

If there was a lot of decoration and/or things in the way people would complain about dealing with the terrain on top of having to actually pay attention to combat. It's not a bad thing to keep the arena relatively simple since the Souls games have rarely been about using the terrain to your advantage.

Gbraga

Ok, I'm listening to it, but isn't that the Cleric Beast theme? The theme is even called Cleric Beast.

It doesn't sound like the Cleric Beast though.

Is it a similar kind of beast and this is the generic beast theme?

Yeah I'm not clicking on those links NOPE.

I just spent the last hours drawing Bloodborne shit to control myself lol
Its like I'm 12 again.

convo

Well you have the run-up to look at some fine environments. Most boss arenas in souls are closed of rooms. Also the
altar looks pretty fancy and should hold some kind of meaning since the boss is shown in human-form in the trailers
. I don't know if you want every boss-arena to be a set-piece like the mirror-knight fight in DS2, it really is just fine to have an amazing looking boss in an appropriate looking place .

Is anyone else going with the cane / whip as their first weapon? Seems like I'm in the vast minority of pimps out there that are leaning towards that.

The cane / whip / blunderbuss combo is going to be great.

pimpin.jpg

Fucking mobile. I saw what I think is the side of the boss because youtube links show up as videos in the thread. Thankfully I didnt click or see the name. This wait is something else.

Vire

Well you have the run-up to look at some fine environments. Most boss arenas in souls are closed of rooms. Also the
altar looks pretty fancy and should hold some kind of meaning since the boss is shown in human-form in the trailers
. I don't know if you want every boss-arena to be a set-piece like the mirror-knight fight in DS2, it really is just fine to have an amazing looking boss in an appropriate looking place .

Yeah I guess you are right, thinking about it in hindsight - even fights like Ornstein and Smough are in a relatively simple environment and that fight is the best in the series.

I think part of it is not knowing the context of it/the lead up to and how it fits in the world. The lead up to the Ornstein and Smough in Anor Lando is incredibly beautiful.

Is anyone else going with the cane / whip as their first weapon? Seems like I'm in the vast minority of pimps out there that are leaning towards that.

pimpin.jpg
I'm going to be slicing and dicing everything. That includes invading as well.
scythe.gif

Are you going to upload BloodBorne vids to Youtube? I've been subbed to your channel since the inFamous 2 beta days lol.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical

pimpin.jpg
I have actually just decided to use that weapon. That combination sounds interesting and I want to use a proper whip in these types of games.

I'm going to be slicing and dicing everything. That includes invading as well.
scythe.gif

Are you going to upload BloodBorne vids to Youtube? I've been subbed to your channel since the inFamous 2 beta days lol.

Oh gosh - that scythe! And thanks for watching! But I'm not qualified to be making Bloodborne videos haha I was abysmal at DeS and DSI. :D

I have actually just decided to use that weapon. That combination sounds interesting and I want to use a proper whip in these types of games.

YES! Pimp Bros!

Majmun

It definitely tells a story. The scream is haunting.

Something I just figured out. Just a theory. Might be a spoiler:

We seen a woman transforming into a beast around the 1:25 mark during the Bloodborn trailer

I see the same floor textures as the boss area.

The blood makes us human, it makes us more than human, makes us human no more, eh?

Afrodium

Banned
Other Souls loading screens just reinforce how appropriate the Bloodborne loading screen is.

They can't go the DS 1/2 route because what are they gonna do, just cycle 6 weapon descriptions ad infinitum? Would get tedious looking at the same text day 1.
They can't go the Demons' Souls route because the whole game is all dark and shit, including the artwork. It's not loading screen material.

The only route they could take really is black screen and logo.

My pre-order has been cancelled and I've been badgering my sister for 20 minutes now to cancel hers. She's so stubborn though.

What? "I've decided that I don't want this game so now I'm trying to convince my sister that she doesn't either"

Raxus

We seen a woman transforming into a beast around the 1:25 mark during the Bloodborn trailer

The blood makes us human, it makes us more than human, makes us human no more, eh?

They are obviously one in the same. It goes in line with the overall with the overall lore of the game.

I noticed the same thing and, to me, the boss sounds somewhat womanlike in it's screams. Which leads me to believe it is the same lady in the trailer. Man I can't wait to dive into this.

Kazuhira

It´s just like curse of the undead but more badass.
Maybe one of the endings involves that the main character becomes the lord of the beasts.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I swear, the boss fights are just so exciting to watch. The sheer aggression of the enemies combined with the music and sound fx... man...

"Visceral" is a pretty badly abused description in gaming these days, but these fights -for once- really live up to the meaning of the word.

Kagutaba

The boss'
screams are such a horrible mix of a woman in pain and beast. Jesus.

On a second note, I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Miyazaki always insist the bosses needs to have a certain dignity about them, amidst all the corruption and evil. Kalameet for example is an undead dragon, but that doesn't mean he needs to look like a rotting zombie, he's an ancient creature after all, he should still retain some of his former glory and pride.

To me, this thinking was missing from most of the bosses in Dark Souls 2. Royal Rat Authority is a Sif clone yes, but instead of being a wolf protecting his masters grave, Authority is just a large rotten hyper-aggressive rat. The Dragonriders are just knights in fat armour. The Covetous Demon is just Jabba the Hut. The Rotten a pile of mud. The Prowling Magus and The Royal Rat Vanguard just a bunch of regular enemies en masse.

It's hard to say if it's that Miyazaki is back in the directors-chair or what, but from what I've seen so far this air of, I don't know, nostalgia, of former glory and dignity seems to have returned in full force in Bloodborne.

The boss'
screams are such a horrible mix of a woman in pain and beast. Jesus.

On a second note, I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Miyazaki always insist the bosses needs to have a certain dignity about them, amidst all the corruption and evil. Kalameet for example is an undead dragon, but that doesn't mean he needs to look like a rotting zombie, he's an ancient creature after all, he should still retain some of his former glory and pride.

To me, this thinking was missing from most of the bosses in Dark Souls 2. Royal Rat Authority is a Sif clone yes, but instead of being a wolf protecting his masters grave, Authority is just a large rotten hyper-aggressive rat. The Dragonriders are just knights in fat armour. The Covetous Demon is just Jabba the Hut. The Rotten a pile of mud. The Prowling Magus and The Royal Rat Authority just a bunch of regular enemies en masse.

It's hard to say if it's that Miyazaki is back in the directors-chair or what, but from what I've seen so far this air of, I don't know, sadness, of former glory and dignity seems to have returned in full force in Bloodborne.

Miyazaki's Back Baby.

Top Bottom