• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BLOODBORNE Spoiler Thread (read OP)

The boss'
screams are such a horrible mix of a woman in pain and beast. Jesus.

On a second note, I remember reading or hearing somewhere that Miyazaki always insist the bosses needs to have a certain dignity about them, amidst all the corruption and evil. Kalameet for example is an undead dragon, but that doesn't mean he needs to look like a rotting zombie, he's an ancient creature after all, he should still retain some of his former glory and pride.

To me, this thinking was missing from most of the bosses in Dark Souls 2. Royal Rat Authority is a Sif clone yes, but instead of being a wolf protecting his masters grave, Authority is just a large rotten hyper-aggressive rat. The Dragonriders are just knights in fat armour. The Covetous Demon is just Jabba the Hut. The Rotten a pile of mud. The Prowling Magus and The Royal Rat Authority just a bunch of regular enemies en masse.

It's hard to say if it's that Miyazaki is back in the directors-chair or what, but from what I've seen so far this air of, I don't know, sadness, of former glory and dignity seems to have returned in full force in Bloodborne.

I don't even know what was up with the Rat Authority boss. I died once because I got stuck on a statue and the rats ganked me. The second time I went in with swirling Dark Hex move and Fire tempest and fucked them all up. It felt like an enemy encounter instead of a boss battle.

Is anyone else going with the cane / whip as their first weapon? Seems like I'm in the vast minority of pimps out there that are leaning towards that.

The cane / whip / blunderbuss combo is going to be great.

pimpin.jpg

i wouldve rocked the Cane if he wouldve walked with it not just hold it in his hand.

My reactions to these delicious spoilers.
tumblr_mp3a5mZvhM1sskuxko9_400.gif

giphy.gif

And finally after thoroughly consuming most of the not spoilery spoilers I am left doing this until release:

tumblr_m2cg550AQ21ql201ao1_500.gif

A dance of hype because this game is Demon's Souls 2 and I get to play it and I am super happy about that. I am happy to have such an amazing looking game to play, my what a time we live in when games like Bloodborne release.

Facism

pretty impressive boss fights.

Really selling a maddening, desperate aggression. Would not be surprised if there was a boss that clawed it's own brain out to make it stop.

BumRush

Anyone who is in the know, how does leveling up / grinding work? Can you do it from the beginning or do you have to unlock and then subsequently return to a nexus-like place?

Sanctuary

Nightmare Creatures

First game that came to mind when the early Bloodborne footage was released. I'm not seeing much of a difference in that footage though. Clearly one is running at 1080p and the other 900p.

And based on what people expected better loading times with that patch?
Not in common sense.

The only game that I can remember where a patch made a (significant) difference in loading times would be with the original The Witcher. They went from 30+ seconds to less than 5. But that was on PC.

Yep, would hate to get spoiled in a Spoilers thread :/

Just giving you shit

I cannot wait for this damn game... Just 4 to 5 more sleeps.

The OP says to spoiler tag things that have lore implications. That very well could have lore implications.

I'm like 99% sure he just meant that this is a true successor to Demon's Souls

Hope youre right.

EDIT: Yea im out. These last 5 days things are gonna get out of hand. Dont wanna be around for it.

aly

Wait a minute...

He transformed to Beast way too soon. Something to do with that music box?

Think so.
Music box
description supposedly :
A small music box received from a young Yharnam girl.
Plays a song shared by her mother and father.

Inside the lid is a small scrap of paper, perhaps an old message. Two names can be made out, however faintly, Viola and Gascoigne."

jmaine_ph

Think so.
Music box
description supposedly :

Inside the lid is a small scrap of paper, perhaps an old message. Two names can be made out, however faintly, Viola and Gascoigne."
Wow that is so cool. I didn't even know this game got down like that. Jeeeez!

drotahorror

I don't even know what was up with the Rat Authority boss. I died once because I got stuck on a statue and the rats ganked me. The second time I went in with swirling Dark Hex move and Fire tempest and fucked them all up. It felt like an enemy encounter instead of a boss battle.

Try it without magic. I never used any magic in dks2, and I'm not sayin that boss was hard, but I did die a few times. I used a 2 hander throughout the whole game though.

convo

Think so.
Music box
description supposedly :

THE LORE IS TOO REAL RIGHT NOW
items related to bosses affecting those bosses is impossibly cool

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Think so.
Music box
description supposedly :

Wonder if stuff like that will be related to the endings.

Afrodium

Banned
It's been fun getting hyped in here for the past few days but it looks like honest to god spoilers are going to be leaking soon so I'm gonna unsubscribe from this thread. See you guys and gals in Yarnham (and the OT, of course).

It's been fun getting hyped in here for the past few days but it looks like honest to god spoilers are going to be leaking soon so I'm gonna unsubscribe from this thread. See you guys and gals in Yarnham (and the OT, of course).

Yep, I'm bailing too. Have fun guys! Only a few more days...

Try it without magic. I never used any magic in dks2, and I'm not sayin that boss was hard, but I did die a few times. I used a 2 hander throughout the whole game though.

That was my first using a hex in a boss battle lol. I normally don't use magic, but I wanted to try out hexes since they're powerful. And I don't find the boss interesting to want to fight it again. I used a claymore for a majority of the game.

^^^^ see you next week everybody :p

Holy shit checked the bloodborne wiki about the box:

"A small music box received from a young Yharnam girl.

Inside the lid is a small scrap of paper, perhaps an old message. Two names can be made out, however faintly, Viola and Gascoigne." It's his daughter's music box.

Darth_Caedus

No longer canonical
I kinda agree. I will be heading out too. I really want this game out already :/
This is my first Souls like game I'm playing from the release date (played the others in the last year.). So I'm really excited.

Yep, I'm bailing too. Have fun guys! Only a few more days...

Me three. I was only here because the launch trailer thread wasn't getting much attention. But lore is getting spoiled and I'm not with that. The Hunt will begin on Tuesday good hunters.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Think so.
Music box
description supposedly :

CArKlyZ.gif

jmaine_ph

May the Blood be with you! Safe travels hunter.

Kazuhira

Think so.
Music box
description supposedly :

ydjUTE2.gif

That´s it...i´m outta here.
No more spoilers for me.

I just meant that as a true successor to Demon's Souls, I don't know if it actually has anything to do with that world or lore.

I'm pretty sure it's gonna be it's own thing but take some gameplay cues from both DS1 and DeS.

I've only ever read a little about DeS and never played it, Beat DS1:ptD recently and I'm just riding the hype and spoilers.

Finalow

woah ,WOAH,woah wait a second
what the hell is with that music box? It is causing the boss to puke blood? Is that a gadget?

Think so.
Music box
description supposedly :

it basically makes him
'rage'' faster, because well, obvious reasons from the description. also it makes him sick.

that's really great.

we're not worthy of such game.

this is just too much, I can't-

kF3UWg0.gif

Kazuhira

it basically makes him ''rage'' faster, because well, obvious reasons from the description.

that's really great.

we're not worthy of such game.

this is just too much, I can't-

Actually,Dark souls 2 did it first with Velstadt and Raime.
But it´s still pretty awesome.

Aikidoka

Holy shit checked the bloodborne wiki about the box:

"A small music box received from a young Yharnam girl.

Inside the lid is a small scrap of paper, perhaps an old message. Two names can be made out, however faintly, Viola and Gascoigne." It's his daughter's music box.

Damn,
The emoshuns are too much. Other games really need to take a lesson from the subtlety in FROM SOFT's execution.

Top Bottom