• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained for Wii U cancelled in favor of Switch

Andyliini

Just checked the pledge page, my Wii U physical reservation was already changed to a Nintendo Switch one. I'mm OK with this, as it seems like even Switch is getting a physical release. Hopefully it will release at the same time as the other ones, too.

Just checked the pledge page, my Wii U physical reservation was already changed to a Nintendo Switch one. I'mm OK with this, as it seems like even Switch is getting a physical release. Hopefully it will release at the same time as the other ones, too.
If you had pledged for a Switch version it changes automatically to Switch. It's only if you want to change to a different non-Nintendo platform or a refund that you'd need further action.

i-Jest

As a Wii U faithful owner, I'm fine with this development. Glad Vita is still a go though. I'd love to play this on the go with Vita.

Sucks but given the Switch announcement and how hard Nintendo is pushing to not support the Wii U I can see the argument.

Good on them For the changes or refund options.

duckroll

I pledged for MN9 strictly because of the 3DS stretch goal, lol. I still want to play the game, I'll grab it for peanuts on Steam someday.

Have they communicated to you at all as to the progress of the port? Or have you already written it off as a loss?

EricB

Can't believe some people still thinks that Vita version will be a reality.

Anecdotal, but I feel like people still buy a lot of software for Vita (though that may change now that Switch is out) even if new Vitas are not being moved. I know I still buy games regularly even though I am not a super heavy user or anything. I chose the Vita physical version of Bloodstained and briefly considered changing to Switch, but I think I'll just buy it digitally on Switch and keep the physical Vita version—same thing I've done with Shovel Knight. I am completely digital on Switch so far and I'd like to keep it that way.

I was wondering that, too. They just vanished. Have there been ANY updates on those ports?
Did not even realise that the Vita port was not out. I thought I remembered that its trophies were up on the PSN server, but I just checked PSNProfiles but to no avail.

Been almost a year since that game came out. What an absolute mess.

Berordn

Can't believe some people still thinks that Vita version will be a reality.

I actually don't but think it's got a higher probability of surviving to the end, when the writing was always on the wall for the Wii U as a platform. I expect the realities of the engine on Vita will eventually take its toll if Sony doesn't just abandon the thing first.

Have they communicated to you at all as to the progress of the port? Or have you already written it off as a loss?

The lack of communication says all I need to hear from them.

RM8

The developers of the portable version said something along the lines of "guys, it hasn't been cancelled but we also can't say anything" ages ago. I'm pretty sure it'll never exist.

The developers of the portable version said something along the lines of "guys, it hasn't been cancelled but we also can't say anything" ages ago. I'm pretty sure it'll never exist.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MightyNo9/...led_engine_software_devs_of_3dsvita_versions/

"Please don’t breathe fire on us, but as we are simply work-for-hire developers on Mighty No9 we can (contractually) not make any comments on progress or release dates. The one thing I can clear up though is that these versions are definitely not cancelled, as we are working on them!"

Sorry, I mean if you originally backed for a PS4 version.
Look for the fangamer survey link you got on your email many months ago. I can't remmeber exactly but you log into a fangamer platform and from there you can change your information, including pledged platforms, and even upping your pledge!

kubricks

Oh FFS stop stretching platform before you have finished what you promised first! Do the PS3/4, do the Vita, Do the WiiU, THEN port it to Switch.

I backed for a Vita version, I don't mind playing it on switch instead since I am getting it anyway, but this start to smell like MN9 all over again.

If this fail or suffer from further delat I will prpbably never kickstart anything again really.

I can see why they went with it. Wii U is on its way out. Now I wonder if that will mean a delay so they can figure out how to develop for the new hardware.

How is the game shaping up in general? I am cautious now about kickstarter games after the cluster fuck that was Mighty Number 9 and all the hype it garnered. They said,

"It looks like the return to form of the X series"

*looks at you neogaf*

laughs

I never believed it, or fell for the hype. I waited patiently for the reviews and impressions. It paid off, plus you could kinda see how it was shaping up from early videos in a sense.

Alright, back on topic. So, what has been released recently? Early developer/backer impressions? I want this game to succeed I really do.

But, like I said before, gotta wait and see.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I can see why they went with it. Wii U is on its way out. Now I wonder if that will mean a delay so they can figure out how to develop for the new hardware.

I believe this game is scheduled for 1H 2018 and is using UE4. Since UE4 officially supports Switch and we saw Sumo Digital get their UE4 game running on Switch very quickly, I don't expect a delay. I suppose anything is possible, though. Hopefully it releases at the same time.

How is the game shaping up in general? I am cautious now about kickstarter games after the cluster fuck that was Mighty Number 9 and all the hype it garnered. They said,

"It looks like the return to form of the X series"

*looks at you neogaf*

laughs

I never believed it, or fell for the hype. I waited patiently for the reviews and impressions. It paid off, plus you could kinda see how it was shaping up from early videos in a sense.

Alright, back on topic. So, what has been released recently? Early developer/backer impressions? I want this game to succeed I really do.

But, like I said before, gotta wait and see.

It had a playable demo last year that was released to backers and was at E3 or another convention (I forget). They put out regular updates that show assets from the game. As with all games that are unreleased, no one knows how it will turn out. However, there are currently no red flags that I've seen.

Good good, I like hearing that.

You've taken my user name and now you take my icon every time I change it. This is really, really fucking annoying and it's caused many users to mistake your words for my own. I've had members PM me confused as to why I would say some of stuff YOU have said and I had to explain to them that you're a completely different person with a very different point of view on many, many different topics, including ones dealing with politics. Please change your avatar to something else.

On topic, can't wait for Bloodstained lol

You've taken my user name and now you take my icon every time I change it. This is really, really fucking annoying and it's caused many users to mistake your words for my own. Please change your avatar to something else.

LOL fuck that, deal with it. If you have a issue pm me.

Oh FFS stop stretching platform before you have finished what you promised first! Do the PS3/4, do the Vita, Do the WiiU, THEN port it to Switch.

I backed for a Vita version, I don't mind playing it on switch instead since I am getting it anyway, but this start to smell like MN9 all over again.

If this fail or suffer from further delat I will prpbably never kickstart anything again really.

Oh for fuck's sake go cry me a river!

First of all this game is not coming to PS3, it never was even considered.
Second: how is this "stretching" anything when they're replacing one platform for another? They're still working on the same amount of choices the announced it originally!
And third: why in the world does this game "starts to smell like MN9" because of this? Something tells me you werent following anywhere close either Kickstarter if you think Bloodstained is being run even remotely similar to the disaster that was MN9.

Promised or not they did the right decision in dropping the WiiU as a platform. Not only does it make no financial sense to release a new WiiU game in the middle of 2018, not only is Nintendo isnt supporting the platform or potential third parties for it, not only is the Switch the relevant Nintendo console thats going to be alive next year, but also it runs the Unreal Engine 4 natively so porting the game to the Switch will be considerably easier and cheaper than having to port the engine to an unsupported and non-UE4-capable WiiU in order to even begin porting the game! And before you cry out "why not both" the Kickstarter only considered one Nintendo console and there's no budget for an additional port that wasnt considered so its one or the other and for most of us they chose wisely going for the Switch.

Do yourself a favor and never Kickstart anything ever again anyway. Kickstarting is a risk youre taking and Bloodstained not living to expectations is well withing the realm of possibilities as well as additional delays. Every major videogame crowdfund has suffered delays and with Iga's game receiving more than 1,000% of what they were asking for it was only natural to think they wouldnt achieve the original release date.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
I backed this game and the more I think about it, the more I don't know if I'm actually excited to play it. I hope it turns out well!

You've taken my user name and now you take my icon every time I change it. This is really, really fucking annoying and it's caused many users to mistake your words for my own. I've had members PM me confused as to why I would say some of stuff YOU have said and I had to explain to them that you're a completely different person with a very different point of view on many, many different topics, including ones dealing with politics. Please change your avatar to something else.

Oh. I assumed that other account was your child's account or something. I guess that was not correct...

That... that's way weirder than the whole Beardjr issue if you ask me.

What really annoys me, is that at any time he could of sent me a private pm. But, hey. If he likes a audience, let him have it.

Back on track, looked at the new videos of bloodstained I am optimistic.

With how late this game is gonna be hitting, this makes total sense. I just hope that the Switch version comes out at the same time as the others. Totally understandable that some people would get mad about it though.

I am pretty sure his behavior is bannable. Tried to PM a mod ?
The actual OrbitalBeard or the Junior? I mean when Jr's gimmick seems to be trying to take OrbitalBeard's identity, and then he gets pissy when called out? That's just not cool.
Lets just get back on topic
Now wait just a minute, guy.

You guys can gang up on me, but my opinions are my own. You guys want me banned so bad fine.

Also, suggesting someone to pm me about a issue is laughable now? Ok then.

I am going to bed

Top Bottom