• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloodstained for Wii U cancelled in favor of Switch

You guys can gang up on me, but my opinions are my own. You guys want me banned so bad,

Also, suggesting someone to pm me about a issue is laughable now? Ok then.
I don't give a shit if you're banned. I wanna know why you allegedly keep taking OB's avatar, and are getting pissy and deflective when pressed about it.

I don't give a shit if you're banned. I wanna know why you allegedly keep taking OB's avatar, and are getting pissy and deflective when pressed about it.

It is a awesome avatar to be honest, I seen others use it. So why the hell not. I am pissy because it is 3:07 AM and drama drama drama

His original avatar actually happened to be Little Mac. I play smash brothers competitively and guess what. I main Little Mac

It is a awesome avatar to be honest, I seen others use it. So why the hell not. I am pissy because it is 3:07 AM and drama drama drama

There are two users on GAF with this icon

Me

And You

I had a Little Mac icon for years. I was the only member on GAF that had ever used it.

Until you joined. With the same user name as mine + a Jr attached, so other users would assume you were me. It's been extremely frustrating.

LordKano

Also impersonating someone inevitably lead to thread derail like this so you definitely should shoot a PM to a mod to clear the issue.

duckroll

This issue is being resolved. Would appreciate it if there isn't any further derail because I think it won't be an issue after we deal with it. Thanks.

KAL2006

Banned
You guys can gang up on me, but my opinions are my own. You guys want me banned so bad fine.

Also, suggesting someone to pm me about a issue is laughable now? Ok then.

I am going to bed

Then why is your avatar picture exactly the same. If you are not trying to impersonate and the name was a coincidence surely the avatar pic can't also be a coincidence

There are two users on GAF with this icon

Me

And You

I had a Little Mac icon for years. I was the only member on GAF that had ever used it.

Until you joined. With the same user name as mine + a Jr. For some reason.

So what do you want me to do, change my avatar? This fine then, ill change it. It is not worth getting off topic. We can both agree to that.

If you have any concerns, please feel free to write me next time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
This issue is being resolved. Would appreciate it if there isn't any further derail because I think it won't be an issue after we deal with it. Thanks.

Aww but I had a stupid MM and MN9 joke saved up for this.

On topic of the thread I still haven't got around to backing the game yet, having it on a handheld would be amazing. I don't really get to go out all that much and my monitor is next to my bed so I might just go for the steam version when I finally throw money at it. If the switch version is a really solid version and we see some progress news on it before the year ends I might just go for it regardless

edit: LOL duck stays winning

Iceberg

Not only the right decission, audience is going to be much higher on Switch than on WiiU.

3DS players that upgraded to the Switch and loved the Igavania games are definitely going to get it for their Switch.

I'm getting an extra digital copy for the Switch as a gift for my SO. Already backed physical for WiiU (now Switch) and digital on Steam.

Ventara

Bravo, duckroll.

Anyways, although I do feel for for those who wanted a Wii U version, for me personally, I'm glad it got Switch-ed since I like playing on portables better, and the outlook for the Vita version isn't optimistic.

duckroll

Not only the right decission, audience is going to be much higher on Switch than on WiiU.

3DS players that upgraded to the Switch and loved the Igavania games are definitely going to get it for their Switch.

I'm getting an extra digital copy for the Switch as a gift for my SO. Already backed physical for WiiU (now Switch) and digital on Steam.

I think the biggest advantage here is that realistically, a Switch version will be way easier to develop for than a WiiU version would have been. It puts it in-line with all the other versions as a platform that supports UE4 natively. It would also allow them to dedicated extra resources to just the Vita version, rather than Vita and WiiU, which don't share much in common to begin with.

SirNinja

Yep, figured this would happen after Yooka-Laylee jumped ship.

There's really nothing else for the Wii U now. I'm glad BotW ended up coming out for it rather than moving completely to the Switch; it gave the Wii U a nice sendoff rather than an ignominious death.

Durante

I think the biggest advantage here is that realistically, a Switch version will be way easier to develop for than a WiiU version would have been. It puts it in-line with all the other versions as a platform that supports UE4 natively. It would also allow them to dedicated extra resources to just the Vita version, rather than Vita and WiiU, which don't share much in common to begin with.
Now if only they could get rid of the Vita version, they wouldn't have to worry about making the game run on something which is at least 10 times slower and offers 8 times less memory than any other target platform they have :p

Bravo, duckroll.

Anyways, although I do feel for for those who wanted a Wii U version, for me personally, I'm glad it got Switch-ed since I like playing on portables better, and the outlook for the Vita version isn't optimistic.

Is there actually a Vita version though? I thought the Vita/3DS game was a seperate affair, something like a 2D prequel of sorts?

duckroll

Now if only they could get rid of the Vita version, they wouldn't have to worry about making the game run on something which is at least 10 times slower and offers 8 times less memory than any other target platform they have :p

Bro, Armature Studio needs their paycheck okay? :lol

Is there actually a Vita version though? I thought the Vita/3DS game was a seperate affair, something like a 2D prequel of sorts?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/posts/1254965

There is no 3DS. It's a Vita port by Armature which will also support cross save with PS4. So they claim.

Foffy

Banned

3DS gets the prequel game.

Vita gets the prequel game and the port by Armature.

I have a feeling one of those above situations gets compromised. Unless the prequel game is launching this year, will the 3DS or Vita be viable for it next year? Might the Switch kind of kill the possible arena for the game on 3DS, seeing as it's getting the main title?

Well, I'd still buy the Vita version. And Armature have a host of experience on the platform (MGS; Injustice; Unfinished Swan) so I'm certain they can handle it. Makes more sense than WiiU where they never developed anything.

Not expecting it to happen though. Probably just the prequel game sadly.

But if they both happened, would that make it the only platform where you can get the full Bloodstained experience? :p

LordKano

3DS gets the prequel game.

Vita gets the prequel game and the port by Armature.

I have a feeling one of those above situations gets compromised. Unless the prequel game is launching this year, will the 3DS or Vita be viable for it next year? Might the Switch kind of kill the possible arena for the game on 3DS, seeing as it's getting the main title?

Holy crap, completely forgot about that prequel minigame on 3DS. They'll probably either cancel or release it on current consoles.

Holy crap, completely forgot about that prequel minigame on 3DS. They'll probably either cancel or release it on current consoles.

So weird we havent heard a peep about this prequel minigame which supposedly is coming out before Bloodstained. My guess is around E3... probably.

shiyrley

Banned
The Switch announcement for this game made me check it out, and, even though I have never played a Castlevania game, this looks amazing. Will probably get it on Switch :)

Despite having a gaming PC, I think I'll get many, many indie games on Switch.
I just want to say that the way you resolved the issue is amazing.

The Switch announcement for this game made me check it out, and, even though I have never played a Castlevania game, this looks amazing. Will probably get it on Switch :)

Despite having a gaming PC, I think I'll get many, many indie games on Switch.

I just want to say that the way you resolved the issue is amazing.

The hell are you even doing right now? If you have a PSP, PSVita, PS3, PS2, PS1 or X360 (not sure if backwards compatible with XB1 too) you have a way to play Castlevania Symphony of the Night. A masterpiece often considered one of the best and more influential games ever made, let alone the best in its franchise and also the game Bloodstained is a spiritual successor to.

Go play that. Like, right now!

The_Lump

Banned
There should be a WiiU Kickstarter Amnesty Day.

Like let's designate a day next week where any remaining WiiU kickstarters can just come out and say "Yeah it's never coming, sorry" and all will be forgiven. But if they do it after that, they feel the wrath of gaming forums.

Impulsor

I'd wanna know how the game will run on switch, because I am setsuna for example, runs at half the framerate. it doesn't matter at all for a Turn based RPG, but this is not turn based....

I'd wanna know how the game will run on switch, because I am setsuna for example, runs at half the framerate. it doesn't matter at all for a Turn based RPG, but this is not turn based....

Reason #2 why I'm planning to stick with a PS4 version, Im not confident it will run on par with the PS4/X1 versions. Reason #1 being that I dont own a Switch (yet).

LordKano

Why are you comparing a launch port of a JRPG with a 2018 sidescroller game.

Impulsor

Reason #2 why I'm planning to stick with a PS4 version, Im not confident it will run on par with the PS4/X1 versions. Reason #1 being that I dont own a Switch (yet).

I'm sticking to a PS4 version too. As I said,with a game like I am setsuna, I'm willing to take the hit, but here, we really don't know.

I'm a little surprised they were supporting the Wii U as long as they did. It's a shame for the folks who were looking forward to the Wii U version.
I personally am pleased to hear it's coming to switch. Can't wait!

There should be a WiiU Kickstarter Amnesty Day.

Like let's designate a day next week where any remaining WiiU kickstarters can just come out and say "Yeah it's never coming, sorry" and all will be forgiven. But if they do it after that, they feel the wrath of gaming forums.

There's still supposed to be Pop-up dungeon, Hex heroes and 90s arcade racer still coming

chekhonte

Sweet! The switch is my ideal way to play this game presuming that it runs well. I'll get it for that and then pick it up for PC when it's 10 bucks.

Well, that was to expected ever since... they've announced the WiiU version. Like, who didn't call this when the WiiU stretch goal came up? lol, the console was already dead back then.

tuffy

Probably. Surprised the guy making the game hasn't said anything, either. Wasn't this a Kickstarter or something?
It was. The developer was putting out semi-regular updates right up until it came time to implement AI cars, then he dropped off the map. Seems like that's the part that defeated him.

EDarkness

It was. The developer was putting out semi-regular updates right up until it came time to implement AI cars, then he dropped off the map. Seems like that's the part that defeated him.

Heh, heh. I can relate. That's something I'm working on now in my own game. He was using Unity, right? Maybe he just should have downloaded Rain A.I. worked with them and called it a day. Heh, heh. If he was trying to do it himself...well...not much to say there, but "Good Luck!"

Note though that I Am Setsuna was most likely rushed to make launch, while Bloodstained will be in development simultaneously. But yeah, they originally wanted to not reveal the news until they had Bloodstained running on Switch so they could show it off, but Nintendo spilled the beans. So I'm sure they'll be showing it off running on Switch before too long, since they already were planning on it.

Impulsor

Note though that I Am Setsuna was most likely rushed to make launch, while Bloodstained will be in development simultaneously. But yeah, they originally wanted to not reveal the news until they had Bloodstained running on Switch so they could show it off, but Nintendo spilled the beans. So I'm sure they'll be showing it off running on Switch before too long, since they already were planning on it.

For sure, it is just something I have in mind that would keep me from getting the switch version over the Ps4 version. I can't wait to see it running on switch. I'm sure it is just me being a bit paranoid, but what can I say!?

addyb

Apologies as I've not read all the thread yet but im guessing I've missed the boat for backing this?

Moofers

I'll be changing my PS4 version to the Switch version because I prefer carts when possible. I also plan to increase my backing and get the Vita version as well. Two handheld carts would be pretty awesome to have!

Top Bottom