• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 Vita |OT| 870 gajillion guns in your pockets

2 player coop isn't a dealbreaker for me, but holy hell is that disappointing.

What could be a dealbreaker is the performance. Fingers crossed.

KORNdoggy

Yes you can, what you cannot do is to not have any action mapped there, something has to use it, that's just the default, but what would you put there instead, crouching, jumping, reloading? Anything would be just as annoying when you don't intend to use that action.
Even sprinting which is mapped on the left side of the rear pad is annoying to use because it doesn't react smoothly to your touch.

Anyway, not the best 40 hours I've spent on a Vita game, but seriously, the rear touch pad is no where as game breaking as the crappy frame-rate, even worst while doing 2p co-op.

Honestly rather have grenades mapped to rear pad just because i use them way less frequently then i run. Is that possible?

And looking at this, performance seems pretty great. Nothing game breaking at any rate. Other areas may be different though?

http://youtu.be/ZLwKkjvL_zA

Yes you can, what you cannot do is to not have any action mapped there, something has to use it, that's just the default, but what would you put there instead, crouching, jumping, reloading? Anything would be just as annoying when you don't intend to use that action.
Even sprinting which is mapped on the left side of the rear pad is annoying to use because it doesn't react smoothly to your touch.

Anyway, not the best 40 hours I've spent on a Vita game, but seriously, the rear touch pad is no where as game breaking as the crappy frame-rate, even worst while doing 2p co-op.

How is it that you get hands on the game so early you could've put 40 hours into it already? Do you work for a gaming site or something?

Khrno

Honestly rather have grenades mapped to rear pad just because i use them way less frequently then i run. Is that possible?

Actually, you could do that, but there are some damn fine grenades in BL2, like the ones that divide up to 10x and then explode, I loved those ones. I could only get some that split on 6 while playing on Vita, but now that I remember, those were fun.

Still that would be a good option if you're not really into using the grenades.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
I'll probably pick this up when it releases. I haven't played the PS3 version beyond 30 minutes or so. It'll be nice to have another FPS besides KZM to play when the mood hits me.

wilflare

need more impressions :/
I'm not getting the KZ:M feels from this :/

if they do continue working on it, I hope they patch in some performance

HardRojo

Will wait for hands on impressions from the retail version in order to decide whether I'll get it or not, I'm interested but I'm worried about performance.

Actually, you could do that, but there are some damn fine grenades in BL2, like the ones that divide up to 10x and then explode, I loved those ones. I could only get some that split on 6 while playing on Vita, but now that I remember, those were fun.

Still that would be a good option if you're not really into using the grenades.

If you've already spent considerable hands-on time with this, which you're heavily implying, can you answer some questions? Also have you played Borderlands 2 on any other platform? Seems like you must have.

xclaw

Any thoughts if the retail cart would load faster than the downloaded version or would that even make sense?...

kevin1025

Banned
Anyone hear how large the game size is going to be? Getting the 2000 bundle on Tuesday and was wondering if this is going to eat up a lot of that 8GB.

ZeroAKA

Anyone hear how large the game size is going to be? Getting the 2000 bundle on Tuesday and was wondering if this is going to eat up a lot of that 8GB.
Reddit says that BL2 takes up 5 GB with DLC. I'm guessing that even the retail version will include a download code for the DLCs if it turns out to be true.

nelchaar

Any recent videos? Last I remember, the video I saw made this game look severely performance compromised (I think it was the IGN video a while back).

As long as it has a decent (I pray) frame rate me and my brother should be picking this up, we could never sit down for long enough to complete it on ps3.

HT UK

Just converted my PC save over to PS3 (go it from PS+). Ready to cross-save with Vita now :)

I never realised how bad the PS3 version looked compared to PC!

HT UK

Wow, how do I make that conversion?

Downloads Required
  • Install Bruteforce Save Data v4.4.2 - LINK
  • Install Visual Basic run-time files - LINK
  • Download Gibbed Save Editor - LINK

Steps
  1. Get a dummy save from your PS3 version of Borderlands 2. Simply create a new character, and quit once you're in gameplay
  2. Copy this save to your PC using via USB
  3. Open the dummy PS3 save in BFSD and select Decrypt PDF -> Decrypt All Files
  4. Now open Gibbed save editor and open your PC save. It should default to the correct directory.
  5. Change platform to PS3. Then click save. Now save this where your dummy PS3 .sav file currently is, and overwrite it.
  6. Go back to BFSD, and select Encrypt PFD - Encrypt decrypted files
  7. Then copy the PS3 save folder back onto your console from the USB, boot up the game, and you'll have your PC save on your PS3. Ready for the Vita version :D

Credit to iNvRG on se7ensins for his guide that I originally followed

SeanR1221

Very interested to see what the DLC does. I have the ps3 version from ps+. So what would happen if I tried to load weapons/a character not found in the base game on the ps3?

Tygamr

Two player only doesn't bug me much. I only ever played both games with one friend (though we did have randoms join, but they were just kinda there).

I haven't played either Borderlands games before, I might pick this up for the Vita, especially since the Vita needs as many quality western titles as it can get.

Hansel?

Neo Member
Have the bundle pre-ordered and have to impatiently wait. Borderlands 2 is the one and only game I actually play currently. The idea of playing this anywhere has me the most excited I've been in gaming since the PS3 game released. I've also picked up like 10 other Vita games while waiting, making the wait that much harder. Seriously, an exciting time.

Is Boderlands 2 good if you only play solo ?
I played a bit of Boderlands 1 found it a little repetitive.

I burned out on Borderlands 1 (only five or so hours from the end, as it turned out) but managed to play all the way through Borderlands 2 without significant issue. A better integrated story helps (there are actual NPCs and cutscenes as opposed to mute models that only shout at you in voiceover).

BigDug13

Maybe they ran out of space on the physical cartridges and that's why they're going to be releasing the rest of the DLC separately? I hope it's simply a free download...

I wish Gearbox would patch the PS3 version of the game to enable "Vita crossplay mode" which would tone the game down to Vita levels (if that part was necessary) for 2 player co-op. I feel like the community of players on just the Vita will be small. I also hope the raid bosses are rebalanced for 2 players and aren't buffed up to "4 player status" like they usually are since it's not possible to have 4 players.

I burned out on Borderlands 1 (only five or so hours from the end, as it turned out) but managed to play all the way through Borderlands 2 without significant issue. A better integrated story helps (there are actual NPCs and cutscenes as opposed to mute models that only shout at you in voiceover).

Ok thanks will try it out then.

I think I may wait to sell my voucher code.

If the game has a playable 30fps framerate. I will keep the code for myself.

Omerta

I really hope this port turns out well... I'm not the kind of gamer who gets obsessive over textures or frame rate so I should be ok.

I skipped over this game when it was released for some reason but got it on the ps3 with ps+. I'm yet to play it because is rather play it on vita.

I can see merit in loading this for 20 minutes, busting some caps (?) and looting some... Err... Loot, putting the vita down and then repeating ad infinitum.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Downloads Required
  • Install Bruteforce Save Data v4.4.2 - LINK
  • Install Visual Basic run-time files - LINK
  • Download Gibbed Save Editor - LINK

Steps
  1. Get a dummy save from your PS3 version of Borderlands 2. Simply create a new character, and quit once you're in gameplay
  2. Copy this save to your PC using via USB
  3. Open the dummy PS3 save in BFSD and select Decrypt PDF -> Decrypt All Files
  4. Now open Gibbed save editor and open your PC save. It should default to the correct directory.
  5. Change platform to PS3. Then click save. Now save this where your dummy PS3 .sav file currently is, and overwrite it.
  6. Go back to BFSD, and select Encrypt PFD - Encrypt decrypted files
  7. Then copy the PS3 save folder back onto your console from the USB, boot up the game, and you'll have your PC save on your PS3. Ready for the Vita version :D

Credit to iNvRG on se7ensins for his guide that I originally followed

Awesome, thanks for this. I can pick hp where I left off :D

Top Bottom