• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brandwatch: Microsoft took 44% of all conference-related mentions

Surprised at Rabbids being that high and MHW that low. Wow, AC is really that popular??

Disappointed in Arms being that low as well but we've seen plenty of that game.

Trailer for MP4 once it releases is gonna be massive.

jeffram

Thus data is not intuitive to me.

Nothing about assassins creed screamed most talked about game at the show. Interesting.

KORNdoggy

Lol at metroid being the second most mentioned game with only a title card. Haha. Maybe thats all E3 needs to be from now on? It clearly works.

geordiemp

Does anybody with half a mind think any of those games mentioned in the top 15 will outsell COD ?

Like 20 million territory.

Just goes to show that this list of social media mentions has no correlation with sales volumes at all.

Thus data is not intuitive to me.

Nothing about assassins creed screamed most talked about game at the show. Interesting.

One of the most popular franchises of the last decade. It was bound to be talked about a lot.

As for me, Dragon Ball FighterZ and Anthem were the best two announcements in all the conferences. So surprised at how good DB looks. A legit fighting DB game made by a great developer.

marrec

Banned
God these surveys are complete rubbish.

Most people were probably tweeting about 499 price, but hey, if someone can sell data then sell it.

MS conference was good, but social media mentions is a silly metric and only matters if someone tweets they are convinced to buy an Xbox.

Hell they could be laughing at Phils shirt.

My Twitter feed was filled with people making fun of the car and laughing at the price. The analytics support the negative reactions to the car, but I'm surprised they didn't see a peak at the price announcement. You'd think one way or another there would be some reaction.

Lol at metroid being the second most mentioned game with only a title card. Haha. Maybe thats all E3 needs to be from now on? It clearly works.

It works with a very select few games. If they were like dun dun duuuuun what's it gonna be "Mario and Sonic at the Cranival Games" I don't think people would be impressed.

LKSmash

Does anybody with half a mind think any of those games mentioned in the top 15 will outsell COD ?

Just goes to show that this list of social media mentions has no correlation with sales volumes at all.

I don't believe anyone is making that inference? Just that people who were active on social media chose to talk about these specific games.

RedFury

My Twitter feed was filled with people making fun of the car and laughing at the price. The analytics support the negative reactions to the car, but I'm surprised they didn't see a peak at the price announcement. You'd think one way or another there would be some reaction.
I dont blame them, I barley heard it muttered (the price), sounded limp when he gave it.

WillyFive

Did the idea of CoD not being as popular as other games on a list really bother you?

blakep267

It's arguably one of the biggest Japanese franchise having a western 'debut' + the controversy surrounding it.
It doesn't resonate with the west. Which is why Capcom is trying to expand its reception. But at this point in time, it's still monster hunter. So ain't nobody going to care about it until it releases with amazing reviews etc. and even then it still probably won't catch on in the west

geordiemp

Did the idea of CoD not being as popular as other games on a list really bother you?

Dont give a shit, did it bother you ?

Just me looking to see if the data has any meaning or usefulness.

The obvious flaw in the analysis that a game being mentioned allot does not equal sales potential, thats clear.

Also read the responses even just above me, posters on here actually inferring high on the list means a game will be successful - its quite amusing.

Cuburt

Considering their games weren't even among the top 10 most discussed, I could only assume a good amount of that was X reveal talk, X price talk, Minecraft crossplay drama, and lots of disappointment.

Sunday was a good move for them though since Nintendo and Sony are presenting on business days.

Zedark

Dont give a shit, did it bother you ?

Just me looking to see if the data has any meaning or usefulness.

The obvious flaw in the analysis that a game being mentioned allot does not equal sales potential, thats clear.

So its just a fun whatever...ho hum.
I think the data is more useful if you realise that games that already had their official unveiling before E3 will probably be mentioned much less relatively speaking than titles that were officially announced during E3 proper. Once you take that into account, I think the data is a but more useful, though it is by no means a direct correlation to eventual sales.

Malreyn

Social media echo chamber must be real if I actually thought Dragon Ball Fighter Z had more mentions than Assassin's Creed Origins

You do realize that the conference also peaked to the same points throighout the show. If it were just he scorpio, there'd be a huge dropoff

And the Xbox one X was mentioned every time for each one of those games including Ass Creed which has a marketing deal with Xbox under the whole banner of 4K...

New hardware gets everyone talking...like how is this not obvious

Was the article was trying to imply anything about sales? Thanks for bringing this astounding revelation to our attention. I know I feel better.

Top Bottom