• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Budget deal reached in Congress- No funding for border wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarmaCow

Is there some hidden horror that I'm missing?

The bullet points look pretty damn good.

I guess it will be more clear when the new budget plan is actually presented but I'd like to see how it compares to the horror show that was that initial proposed budget plan.

Zolo

If he hasn't already, can't wait to read more Trump tweets about the "failing" checks and balances of the government hindering his ability to ram through his campaign promises.

If he's smart, he'll talk about how he reached a great deal with everyone happy while getting increased funding for border security and military (that got through right?). His supporters will eat it up anyway.

adj_noun

giphy.gif

If he's smart, he'll talk about how he reached a great deal with everyone happy while getting increased funding for border security and military (that got through right?). His supporters will eat it up anyway.

eh, maybe if he hadn't been clambering about the wall, but he was just on twitter a few days ago ranting about it. It's way too noticeable an absence for him to claim complete victory here.

We are literally at a point where everyone can just wave off Trump as their crazy Grandpa as nothing he ever does it getting through.

What's the spin gonna be?

"Tonight on Fox News, Trump dances around Democrats like a demon's whisper, getting much needed additional funding for border security. Major win for our President. Once he details his amazing plan to defeat Isis, more money on the way!"

Aselith

Any word on if proposed cuts to stuff like National Endowment for the Arts and Public Broadcasting went through? Would those be in there?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wait, they compromised THAT much?
I really hope that when it matters, Democrats are able to come together to pass a budget if in a similar situation, unlike Republicans.

Koomaster

Let the man have his 'W' on this so we can all enjoy it. ;)

Seriously, how did he end up getting swindled so badly? Even planned parenthood got funded, like what?! Did someone stick that in at the last second and nobody noticed?

I'm positively giddy about this outcome.

MIMIC

Banned
Because Mexico's paying for it. Duh!

But seriously: good. I welcome this. Hopefully it'll remain as nonexistent.

Man I always that that 'gonna get tired of winning quote' was referencing his own future wins, not the wins of reasonable people across the country.

I gotta say I'm still not tired of it though!

Nepenthe

I can't tell if I'm mostly happy that all of Trump's biggest promises keep getting setback or if I'm mostly annoyed at how utterly incompetent this administration is.

You have ALL the branches. Fuck are y'all doing?

This election was basically a big fat waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom