• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Budget deal reached in Congress- No funding for border wall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think the Dems look even better if other republicans kill something they agreed on.

Well depending on who he speaks with last or what he sees on FOX news Trump can still veto the bill or just not sign it and let it become law if congress isn't in session within 10 days of passing. I think I may be wrong.

wisdom0wl

tenor.gif

Republicans don't want to actually get rid of planned parenthood because then who would they have to rail against in stump speeches? Blaming Obama is losing its edge and Republicans control government so...

iavi

As figured, status quo works for the GOP in reality, despite the higher ups playing partisan for the last 8 years. Including the ACA sending government dollars to their insurance buddies.

Game Guru

Well depending on who he speaks with last or what he sees on FOX news Trump can still veto the bill or just not sign it and let it become law if congress isn't in session within 10 days of passing. I think I may be wrong.

If Trump vetoes a bipartisan bill for funding, the government shutdown will be all on Trump's head.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
He wouldn't be that stupid, right?

I honestly wonder how that would playout for his base.

Obviously everyone would see its his fault since he's a baby who doesn't know how to govern but I'm sure his base would blame everyone else for forcing him to veto.

Wulfric

Has t_D reacted to this story yet?

There's not a single post about the wall on there yet. They must feel terrible.

I honestly wonder how that would playout for his base.

Obviously everyone would see its his fault since he's a baby who doesn't know how to govern but I'm sure his base would blame everyone else for forcing him to veto.

Pretty sure this is exactly what would happen. His base would call it Dem and establishment Republicans faults for pushing him.

Hazmat

He wouldn't be that stupid, right?

No, even he's not that stupid.

Before anyone says "yes he is" keep in mind that he does not give a fuck about a border wall. It's a way to fleece money and votes from rubes. He won't take sole responsibility for a government shutdown when something like 95% of Republicans still stand by their votes after the limp dick disaster of his first 100 days. What's a few more abandoned campaign promises?

Theorymon

Trump's been getting so many Ls that I sorta want to call him Donald Lump for now on. The L not only represents his Ls, but Donald is also a Lump of crap

danm999

Has t_D reacted to this story yet?

There's not a single post about the wall on there yet. They must feel terrible.

Like most good cults they'll just find something in their holy text (in this case The Art of the Deal) to justify or rationalise any behaviour or outcome.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Republicans don't want to actually get rid of planned parenthood because then who would they have to rail against in stump speeches? Blaming Obama is losing its edge and Republicans control government so...

That is the problem Republicans are having as a government. They spent so long in outrage but don't have any ideas.

He'll just show up to Congress and basically say "I have a great plan, the best plan really. ISIS is tremendously evil"

And he'll get that extra 2.5 billion in funding

digdug2k

He'll just show up to Congress and basically say "I have a great plan, the best plan really. ISIS is tremendously evil"

And he'll get that extra 2.5 billion in funding
That's my favorite part of the stuff highlighted in the OP at least. "Here's a shitload of extra money to kill people, but if you want the last 10% you've got to have an actual plan". WTF?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Trump suckered Americans into supporting him by pretending he was a third option outside the typical democrat and republican government. He will just fall back on that bullshit, blaming congress for not getting a deal done that he promised and will stand around pointing and going "the bad people didn't let me build your wall! I'm on your side, pinkie promise!"

mclem

$2.5 billion of that contingent on Trump presenting a strategy to defeat the Islamic State to Congress
Please let there be a footnote saying 'in person, and broadcast live to the nation'. A Trump Powerpoint presentation could be glorious.

While I'll hold my breath until endowments of the arts and such are actually confirmed still in there, any hit to what would otherwise be Trump's one visible legacy is one I will take.

Every time I come across news of Trump taking L's, I'm so tempted to visit places like /r/the_donald and /pol/ just for that delicious schadenfreude, but I never do because I know they probably just spin everything to make their Great Leader look good.

AngryMoth

Is the cult of personality really that strong that his base will still support him even after failing to implement any of his headline campaign promises?

Is the cult of personality really that strong that his base will still support him even after failing to implement any of his headline campaign promises?

They'll say that it's proof that it was just a bluff and that Democrats have fallen for giving him what he actually wants, which is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom