• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Budget deal reached in Congress- No funding for border wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Llama

I can't tell if I'm mostly happy that all of Trump's biggest promises keep getting setback or if I'm mostly annoyed at how utterly incompetent this administration is.

You have ALL the branches. Fuck are y'all doing?

This election was basically a big fat waste of time.
If nothing else, should be a wake-up call to anyone still mad at the Dems for failing to pass single payer healthcare/etc. in 08-10...

Dems should be on board for this budget, we are not going to get anything better.

I mean based on the article they are. And this definitely seems like a huge win for the democrats given we have a minority in both houses. It's certainly not perfect, but it could easily have been much worse and I can't see it having been much better given the circumstances

NetMapel

Guilty White Male Mods Gave Me This Tag
So he didn't get anything he campaigned for in this budget? Wall isn't getting built, Obamacare still being funded. Planned parenthood still funded. So much for the great negotiator. Can't wait for the upcoming NAFTA renegotiation where Canada will end up owning Hawaii or something at the end.

guek

Banned
Also Planned Parenthood funded; sanctuary cities get cash; more for defense. Resistance does indeed work.

tenor.gif

Keep on fighting, everyone

Zolo

So he didn't get anything he campaigned for in this budget? Wall isn't getting built, Obamacare still being funded. Planned parenthood still funded. So much for the great negotiator. Can't wait for the upcoming NAFTA renegotiation where Canada will end up owning Hawaii or something at the end.

I guess technically Trump could still Veto the bill, but then the government shutdown would be all on him.

guek

Banned
Thank you Establishment Democrats . . . the ones who know how to work in DC.

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

Not that career Democrats didn't play a substantial role in this but so did grassroots movement and continued public pressure. Attributing all of this to the "establishment" as if this was all part of their master plan is a weird take.

shem935

Banned
Not that career Democrats didn't play a substantial role in this but so did grassroots movement and continued public pressure. Attributing all of this to the "establishment" as if this was all part of their master plan is a weird take.

It's almost as if we all worked together and we should be happy about achieving a good result through shared hard work.

nelchaar

So ACA subsidies funded, sanctuary cities funded, planned parenthood funded, and no wall? So many wins. The best negotiator.

Zips

Where's the $15 billion extra for defense coming from?

15 is a whole lot less than the 50 Trump said he wanted, but it's still 15 billion dollars more on a bloated military budget.

This set of 4 years continues to show itself as a test of how much the American government can continue with braindead or outright evil leadership. Luck has been on our side so far.

Beartruck

Did endowment for the arts and all those other plans still get gutted though? If so, this is only a slightly less worse loss.

Hazmat

This is a pretty good deal for democrats given the thumping we took in the election. I hope Trump keeps talking about the wall for the next four years, it's a mild comfort to see him not get it.

Cuburt

I have to assume Trump's budget was simply an IHOP kids menu placemat activity page filled out to completion. He was very proud of it.

The democrats bail out the republicans and now the republicans get till September to continue to blame the woes of the country on the democrats. I don't want a shutdown because its a fucked up proposition on so many levels but the republicans need to own all of what is coming. Anyway you know some asshole conservative is going to toss in a poison pill to this. This week will be something.

theWB27

The democrats bail out the republicans and now the republicans get till September to continue to blame the woes of the country on the democrats. I don't want a shutdown because its a fucked up proposition on so many levels but the republicans need to own all of what is coming. Anyway you know some asshole conservative is going to toss in a poison pill to this. This week will be something.

Think the Dems look even better if other republicans kill something they agreed on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom