• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cabal me excited - Destiny 2 Gameplay today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
...many many PC versions are not fine. That's precisely why people would like to see it ASAP.

Bungie went out of their way to patch Halo CE in 2014 because gamespy was shutting down their servers. No it's not the same as bringing an entire game to PC, but Bungie generally gives a shit when it comes to this stuff.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Nothing (NOTHING!) will ever beat the feeling of beating the Vault for the very first time.

I only did this for the first time this year, and I can verify that it was indeed a glorious feeling!

Since then I've been a raid-o-hollic, can't believe I slept on them for vanilla (AOT returnee here).

It's not a big deal at all.... overblown. Dedicated servers on the other hand ;-)

I'm the same way, 30fps is fine by me (it's all good in D1), but dedicated servers are a must IMO.

It's nice how this is already starting when it will have zero impact whatsoever on sales.

I expect a good chunk of the final reveal thread to be lots of this

The casual player doesn't​ care. Like you said, this game will sell tons.

Armchair analysts continue to do their thing in 2017

molnizzle

It's nice how this is already starting when it will have zero impact whatsoever on sales.

I expect a good chunk of the final reveal thread to be lots of this

Yeah, because sales impact is the only thing people care about when discussing video games. Not, ya know, their level of enjoyment while playing them.

Honestly though, I'd be okay with 30fps on console as long as I can go back and forth between PC and PS4 with the same guardians. I need for that to be possible if PS4 Pro doesn't run the game at 60fps.

jennetics

No, never. Heathen!
Dude, what's wrong with you? Shaxx is the greatest.
Blasphemy!
What is wrong with you?
FIGHT FOREVER GUARDIAAAN AHAHA
Sol frowns on your backseat shenanigans
Maybe keep Lennie james but let him refer to your shotgun as a 'fucking anti-aircraft gun" every once in a while.
Are you serious? Lennie is the only Shaxx. There can be no Shaxx but Lennie.
What is going on in this thread?! Are you crazy?

lmao :D I didn't realize Shaxx had so many fans! Well, I'll give way to the majority then. Even though I'd say the love for Shaxx is probably more Stockholm syndrome related ;P

Are you me? I 100% agree and have been saying this since the beta when everyone thought Shaxx was a placeholder voice.
After a decade plus of hearing Jeff Steitzer in the Halo games, Destiny's British librarian is quite a buzzkill.
You don't want Shaxx to practically orgasm when you go on 10+ killstreaks? :p For real though, they should tone it down a bit. He catches me off guard when I have my headset on
Ahh finally, the voice of reason lol Glad I found a couple supporters :)

Wait, you don't unlock a Sparrow until after you beat the game?

Is that rumor legit? Fuck, man. Sparrows rock. I don't want to have to beat the game before I can use one, especially if the zones are way bigger and the game is much longer.

molnizzle

If OG PS4 is 30fps, then Pro will be 30fps as well per Sony's mandate.

We've never really had confirmation of this "mandate." And it doesn't necessarily hold up when you have games like Battlefield that run at extremely variable frame rates on base PS4 and are nearly locked on the Pro.

It was? My memory is fuzzy, it's been a while since I played it.

Oryx's Dreadnaught was orbiting Saturn, yes.

GlamFM

Banned
Not much but I was hoping to see some significant locations like Mercury and Saturn.

Have not been to other Planets yet. Born and raised on Earth (boooring)

Therefor there are no iconic landmarks I could recognize.

They can call the locations whatever they want - it does not change a thing.

It´s a map with a name.

Here's why no PC footage ;)
DAHbdsgVYAAqhxk

Symbiotx

I only did this for the first time this year, and I can verify that it was indeed a glorious feeling!

Since then I've been a raid-o-hollic, can't believe I slept on them for vanilla (AOT returnee here).

I always try to get people to raid because they're so good. There's a friend of mine that still has a chip on his shoulder about the Destiny launch, but I wish he would get over it and play it because I know he would love the raids! It's an experience you can't get from other games.

Floody

No PC version allowed to be shown kinda confirms it won't be 60fps on consoles.

Could just be a requirement from Sony to only show PS4 footage for marketing. With D1 MS couldn't show any of the trailers Sony had it locked down so tight.

I don't think it'll be 60 on consoles though (well at least not in PVE).

We've never really had confirmation of this "mandate." And it doesn't necessarily hold up when you have games like Battlefield that run at extremely variable frame rates on base PS4 and are nearly locked on the Pro.

Oryx's Dreadnaught was orbiting Saturn, yes.

Battlefield may not be 60fps locked on OG PS4, but, it is the targeted framerate, and for the most part runs at 60fps.

Any framerate on the Pro, is at least closely matched by the OG version. There aren't any games with giant gaps in framerate when comparing Pro and OG versions.

It's a dumb rule on Sony's part imo, but that's how it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom