• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 | Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
cliffleecatch.jpg

X26

Banned
iamcool388 said:
Wait what? IW/Activision have used such language in promoting MW2? Any links... I am sure there are laws against such promotion/advertising.

Unless ur joking, in which case sorry lol.

unfortunately not.

game looks great, but hwo knows wtf IW was thinkign with the pot crap and the homophobia

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
finally, a game that caters to all my social deficiencies.

CrushDance said:
Nobody noticed the language used?
This thread is satirical. Mamesj is shedding some light on some questionable decisions by Infinity Ward and Activision while also ribbing game journalists and the worst of COD's player base. The OP has context and I don't think Mamesj should be punished for it.

Raxus

a Master Ninja said:
This thread is satirical. Mamesj is shedding some light on some questionable decisions by Infinity Ward and Activision while also ribbing game journalists and the worst of COD's player base. The OP has context and I don't think Mamesj should be punished for it.
Agreed, the fact they made that video to pander to what they think is the CoD demographic is shameful.

Jtrizzy

Just leave them both open. The other for the non boycott/controversy stuff for people who just want to talk about perks etc. This one should contain all the PS3/360/PC comparison talk as well.

I was really interested in this game until I heard about the no dedicated servers/$60 stuff. Maybe will buy it discounted in a few months.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
This game will likely last me over 6 months of intense enjoyment for the 360 :bowdown:

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
That's probably the "big" spoiler in the very first line of the OP, isn't it?

What a stupid thing to do, if that was actually it. I'm all for jokes and so on, but don't spoil shit like that for others.

SuperJay

hahaha this thread is amazing. Thank you. I had no idea about that fighting against grenade spam thing and stupid weed jokes. My respect for Infinity Ward just took a nose dive.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wait, Infinity Ward is pushing this "F.A.G.S." shit on their own? This isn't the media doing it?

Y2Kev said:
Wait, Infinity Ward is pushing this "F.A.G.S." shit on their own? This isn't the media doing it?

People thought it meant to read that way. May be it is but IW is not saying that.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Vagabundo

a Master Ninja said:

lol it took me ten minutes to get this...

I must be dense.

Or naive.

Or something...

MirageDwarf said:
People thought it meant to read that way. May be it is but IW is not saying that.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right that IW is not coming out and saying it, but come on...

Y2Kev said:
The original "Fight Against Grenade Spam" video was on Infinity Ward's YouTube account.

Neuromancer said:
You're right that IW is not coming out and saying it, but come on...

I'm not denying it. Given context of video and what happens in online matches, it probably meant exactly that.

EmCeeGramr said:
The original "F.A.G.S." video was on Infinity Ward's YouTube account.

Was it titled "F.A.G.S."? Didn't see official video.

EDIT: Just saw screenshot of video in OP. It wasn't.

KZObsessed

fly high ~ayunite~ said:
i have a mate that works at asda and he says they're going to be selling it for £30 for three days next week

WAT.

Seriously? I assume the Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday?

Day 1 if true. It was the £45 bullshit that put me off.

Your first one was better. This one has too much information.

Not as funny this time around either.

New thread title is crap too.

Ardorx

Banned
What's going on right now? I'm just so high. I think I have a case of BLUNT TRAUMA.

They should change the name of Call of Duty to Call of Bros because that's the market they truly care about.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
op is missing the official boxart:

11r7i91.jpg

and activision's official statement:

sd2tza.jpg
Kobby Botick here. Now I don’t concern myself with shitwork like this usually, infact, what i’d consider shitwork you’d probably consider a champagne soaked weekend with three ladyboys, a sack of root vegetables and a tub of Vaseline. But fuck, here I am, setting the record straight about my and your favourite new fucking game : Call of Shooty: Modern Warcraft 2.

Now i’ve heard the problem is with those P.Z cocksuckers. Yeah, those raptor wristed keyboard hugging degenerates who can’t tell the difference between excel and owning fools three-siddy style. My first suggestion was to line them up at my desk and give them the choice of walking out with a gold XBL membership or a crowbar to the back of the head, but that was slammed down (probably by the same limp nancy who thought my idea for a level where you gun down civvie n00bs in an airport was a bad idea), so we went with plan B.

Make way for the future: DIRECT PEER TO PEER MATCHMAKING. If you want a middle man, I know a few bars that you can go cruising in, but leave that shit out of my vidya games. Like you won't buy it anyway, dirty little cunts, you know daddy makes the best medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom