• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 | Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Skilotonn said:
That's probably the "big" spoiler in the very first line of the OP, isn't it?

What a stupid thing to do, if that was actually it. I'm all for jokes and so on, but don't spoil shit like that for others.

Pretty much this.

The Modern Warfare 2 hate around here is getting completely out of control. I'm all for jokes but blatantly spoiling the game for others? wow.

diunxx

Thanks to this thread my hype for the game went from "may pirate a multiplayer rip in a couple of years" to "may pirate a full version with the videos ripped out in a couple of years"

Good work OP, Vivendi SA and Activision inc. must be proud.

Cerrius said:
Pretty much this.

The Modern Warfare 2 hate around here is getting completely out of control. I'm all for jokes but blatantly spoiling the game for others? wow.

Yeah, it's a pretty dick thing to do. Still though, I've got it ordered and most of my friends do too. One more week!

I laugh when people talk about spoilers but that shit is soon gonna be all over the blogosphere.
Its a call of duty game. Who cares about story?

Cheeto

Cerrius said:
Pretty much this.

Its call of duty...

batbeg

So like, is the opposite of a banning an administrating, because GAF needs to PROMOTE THIS MAN!

Close down the other shitty thread, this one fucking wins.

YuriLowell said:
I laugh when people talk about spoilers but that shit is soon gonna be all over the blogosphere.

Even if you don't want spoilers, it's the first thing that happens in the game and it's all over the internet. In about a week, not only will everybody know, but the media will have jumped on it and broadcast it for days.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
YuriLowell said:

Cheeto said:
Its call of duty...

So that makes it ok to spoil the game for others?

I don't give a fuck what your opinion on CoD4's/MW2's story mode is but blatantly spoiling the details of a level in the game with NO WARNING is wrong. PERIOD

that's all I'm gonna say about that. I'm out of this thread.

Cerrius said:

I don't give a fuck what your opinion on CoD4's/MW2's story mode is but blatantly spoiling the details of a level in the game with NO WARNING is wrong. PERIOD

Its CALL. OF. DUTY.

EmCeeGramr said:
Even if you don't want spoilers, it's the first thing that happens in the game and it's all over the internet. In about a week, not only will everybody know, but the media will have jumped on it and broadcast it for days.

Excellent, it's not a spoiler because you would have found out about it eventually. I'll remember that when Lost starts airing again.

This spoiler in particular doesn't bother me because I already knew about it, still though I imagine there are people out there who just wanted to be surprised by the game. And it's no less of a spoiler because some people here hate MW2 with a passion.

batbeg

Cerrius said:

The content of the game is begging for public awareness, man. I man, why else would they use such a dumbass narrative gimmick except to stir up shit and grab headlines? Everyone will have heard this before they even play the game.

But moreso than that, lighten up and enjoy the awesome thread.

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
Yeah, it's a pretty dick thing to do. Still though, I've got it ordered and most of my friends do too. One more week!

Seriously. Can we lock this thing now? This double-standard crap is getting old.

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
:lol :lol :lol

7519_731457156908_7701535_42219749_.jpg

TimeLike

Y2Kev said:
y'all be hating but this game hits an emotional high point

The board right after the one mentioned in the OP is the one that really hit an emotional high for me. I've never been made to feel that way by a video game before. I can't really think of any medium that made me feel like I did when I played it.

Kibbles

I'm actually impressed by 50 cent's voice-over. I didn't even know it was him at one point in a video until someone pointed it out.

zenbot

Count of Monte Sawed-Off said:
This spoiler in particular doesn't bother me because I already knew about it, still though I imagine there are people out there who just wanted to be surprised by the game.
It would be silly to read the game's official thread if you were that sensitive about spoilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom