• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce a big title for PS4 at E3, possibly Resident Evil

DrkSage

A new monster hunter game for ps4 + remote play with the vita would be ok, more than ok. Maybe that could save the vita in the rest of the world and sell a couple of more ps4s in Japan, I don't know.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Ugh...enough of Resident Evil.

Revive Dino Crisis.

Into

Its not going to be exclusive, Capcom has tried to drive this franchise off PlayStation platforms for more than 10 years, starting with Code Veronica, then REmake, Zero, 4, and then Revelations. They always come back...with a port in their hand and a box of chocolate in the other.

PS4/XB1 (and PC down the line) is the most likely scenario. But it makes sense to show it on Sony's stage, since the game will sell on PS4 in Japan for that audience.

Ushiwaka

I'm gonna go out on a limb here: Capcom, Platinum Games, Okami 2
Ammy and me still have ass to kick Capcom. Make it happen.

448.jpg

I think some greater clarification needs to be provided about what the Sankei article was actually discussing. The substance of the piece wasn't really about a potential Resident Evil 7 per se; Sankei was mostly asserting Capcom could announce it at E3 in an attempt to make up for losses incurred in mobile development and other problem areas. It's actually a pretty interesting piece all around about what sort of place Capcom is in financially and the predicament it's arguably finding itself in as result of not having hit smart phone games compliment their success with Monster Hunter, but the most pertinent bits are in the last two sections, which I already translated for Giant Bomb and will repost below. [EDIT: Per a friendly request and my own general desire to see things through to the end, I've gone ahead and translated the rest of its article so you can read it in its entirety.]

I'm not trying to put this out there as if to say I don't personally expect an RE game to show up at E3. Could it? Sure, I wouldn't be super surprised. I just think the importance of that as a point in the article is being overemphasized relative to what's actually being discussed. If people are interested in seeing the first parts translated, too, just to get the whole picture, I can probably whip something up in a jiffy, but none of it is really related to what this thread is talking about at least.
Well, thank you for the translation!

Mesoian

It's probably just Ultra.

I'd like to think it'd be a first look at their fighter slated for 2016, but...yeah, it's probably just Ultra.

Capcom and Bethesda proudly present...
The elder scrolls: skyrim land of the rising sun

Believe it or not... It sounds... Interesting

There is 0 chance of this happening, but I would buy and play this game day one (on PC).

It's the squeal to Deep Down, Up Above.

But I hope it's a reboot of the RE series, back at Raccoon City. And please Capcom, if you don't know how to do good control design look at Dead Space or The Last of Us.

Ateron

I would prefer Dragon's Dogma 2, but if they're not pursuing that (cause of Deep Down) then by all means, RE7 wouldn't be terrible. Just hope they find a way to make the campaign more meaningful and coherent. The mechanics are ace, whoever says they aren't are just plain wrong/not good enough with them.

The only thing that severely hampered the game was the god awful level design. What's the point of having amazing skills like roll, dodge and slide if you're fighting in narrow spaces most of the campaign? The game really shined in Mercenaries and that is the only proof I need that they were on the right track mechanically wise. There's nothing that RE4 and 5 did that 6 didn't improve. I still give 4 the crown of better RE ever (and one of the best games ever) on par with REmake (and I'm one of those old-school ludites when it comes to RE).

If you're gonna ditch the whole terror atmosphere, might as well make a competent action survival game. Add new mechanics, more weapons, more skills, I don't care. Just make the controls more seamless, add better levels and try not to make the campaign take place in a series of telephone booths and narrow hallways and we're good. Oh and ditch the armed soldiers/cover system (I really found them annoying and out of place in a already wacky game).

cerulily

Heck, even if they wanted to save some cash on Dragon's Dogma 2, a slightly bigger focus on dungeons would be amazing.

I didn't really appreciate Dragon's Dogma until i went to Bitterblack at level 1, after that run i was insanely hooked on how good this game can be.

Ateron

Heck, even if they wanted to save some cash on Dragon's Dogma 2, a slightly bigger focus on dungeons would be amazing.

I didn't really appreciate Dragon's Dogma until i went to Bitterblack at level 1, after that run i was insanely hooked on how good this game can be.

I love everything about that game. Well, almost everything! I didn't particulary liked the pawn AI at times. There were a lot of times when I *really* needed that buff but he/she wouldn't comply, and other times where caution was advised and they went all in, getting themselves killed in the process (I tried playing as lvl 1 too, enjoyed it a lot minus for that).

You could issue commands of course, but that would "alter" their personality slightly and I didn't wanna mess with their patterns too much. I was never much of a co-op guy (well, forced co-op guy) but DD was one of those games that could really really benefit from co-op with other players, like the Souls Series. It would be awesome, you and your pawn+ a friend and his pawn. Damn, I really wanted them to make a sequel but this is Capcom after all, they're notorious for wasting good ideas/IPs.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
theres no way in hell RE7 is exclusive

Proponent

Banned
Yeah I'm honestly burned out and tired of RE games atm. Seriously
If it's another RE game I'll totally be disappointed, UNLESS:

1). The game brings back Shiva and stars her

2). The game brings back Claire and stars her

3) The game is somehow absurdly exclusive

That's about it. Otherwise, not really wanting RE7 from Capcom at this time *at all*

Instead, I would prefer any one of these following games by Capcom instead:

-Onimusha
-DMC
-Dino Crysis
-Dragon's Dogma 2
-Megaman
-Dead Rising 3 (now in 1080p)
-Street Fighter V

Reebot

A Dino Crisis reboot with the mechanics from RE 6 would actually be really interesting, that style of gameplay is better suited for the enemies and encounters in Dino Crisis anyway.

I would want a RE-make of RE2 but without Mikami...I don't know.

just reremake RE1 after they get a feel for that move on to RE2.
REmake released 6 years after RE1, its been 12 years since REmake released.

Mostly same content with maybe a Rebecca or Barry side of the campaign, RE5/6 engine(with even less ammo than the original to counter the new aiming), very limited co-op.

Neoxon

Seriously, whatever bad blood there is between Marvel & Capcom, if any, they need to kiss, make up, & make Marvel Super Heroes 2 happen. And have the game kick off the Marvel Game Universe on consoles to keep the Marvel execs happy.

A good Marvel-only fighter would sell gangbusters with the MCU being at its prime, & I still need a playable Star-Lord w/ his badass mask (& Groot).

Flood the roster with Avengers & Guardians for all I care (it'll just be that easier to market), just make it happen.

Meesh

If, If, it's a new Monster Hunter I would hungrily buy a PS4 with Savage Deviljho enthusiasm.

But I doubt it. :(

aly

Its not going to be exclusive, Capcom has tried to drive this franchise off PlayStation platforms for more than 10 years, starting with Code Veronica, then REmake, Zero, 4, and then Revelations. They always come back...with a port in their hand and a box of chocolate in the other.

PS4/XB1 (and PC down the line) is the most likely scenario. But it makes sense to show it on Sony's stage, since the game will sell on PS4 in Japan for that audience.

Sony and Capcom have the strangest relationship. Like on and off again high school lovers.

A Dino Crisis reboot with the mechanics from RE 6 would actually be really interesting, that style of gameplay is better suited for the enemies and encounters in Dino Crisis anyway.

Yes please.

I was watching some videos of DC1/2 on Youtube the other week, would be incredible if they did this. Done right, it could sell as much as the recent Resident Evils and reinvigorate ailing Capcom.

If, If, it's a new Monster Hunter I would hungrily buy a PS4 with Savage Deviljho enthusiasm.

But I doubt it. :(

Monster Hunter is cheaper to make for 3DS and mobile devices, and that's what people own in droves down in Japan nowadays. They really have little reason to make it for consoles. Either ways Dragon's Dogma 2 with a bigger carving weapon/armor making system would take away my Monster Hunter itch.

Coxy

It was teasing USF4

every character in this video is in a PS4 game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dR28fXFDMI

and the Hadoken cabs advert had this number

Which wasn't mentioned by many

But what is significant about it?

August the 30th 1987 was the arcade release date of Street fighter 1

The PC and full retail versions of Ultra SF4 are august 2014.

Its a nobrainer at this point.The only question is whether it is an exclusive title or not.

this post seems fairly conclusive to me

Top Bottom