• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce a big title for PS4 at E3, possibly Resident Evil

KAL2006

Banned
PS4 desperately needs a good fighter. I would love a Ultra Street Fighter IV port. Live streaming would be great on PS4. Also I heard there is a 3 vs 3 online mode similar to King of Fighters which I hope fees popular.

dugdug

Banned
They can announce whatever they want at E3, doesn't mean it will ever actually be a thing.

Still waiting on that Resident Evil PSP game...

BBboy20

FE69477DB5C4EB0BF19915A6C0AB3D5A349C6DED

They're coming back...I know they are.

No they're not =(
Taking place before or after 2?

Jawmuncher

I'm pretty sure between E3 and TGS were going to have more than one announcement from Capcom regarding their games. Looking at their relaese calendar were basically in the dark for what they have planned past August aside from MH4G in Oct for Japan and early 2015 for everyone else.

One of these announcements is going to be their holiday game, though i'm curious as to what they can have that will only have 5-6 months of hype before it's on sale. Only game capcom has revealed with that little time as a holiday title was Dead Rising 3 but that was a Console Exclusive so it made since.

While not the actual announcement they're hyping, I bet we'll see Ultra SF4 XB1/PS4 ports for later in the year. Along with a mad catz partnership for new sticks.

Village

Village why u no like Lady and Trish. ; ~;

Lady is cool Trish is Bayo V. 1. And I do not find her that interesting. I would love for them to delve into those characters more, but they are as of now just kind of boring.

I find nero and Virgil a more interesting. Nero in particular because of JOJO ghost dad genie arms.

Read what i just said. JOJO GHOST DAD GENIE GOD HAND ARMS.

There is so much Dragons Dogma support on this forum. I think the giveaway on PSN only heightened the love out there.

Yeah I didn't realize how many others loved Dragon's Dogma until I read this thread. It's so nice to know it wasn't just me who considers it Capcom's best game in ages. If not a Dragon's Dogma 2 I'd love that Dragon's Dogma extended edition version for my PS4 or for streaming once that service is out. I never played that version.

But again, Dragon's Dogma 2 plz.

Takao

Banned
Knowing how Capcom loves to port I'd bet it's Dead Rising 3 Off the record, Monster Hunter 4 HD, Resident Evil Remastered Collection, USFIV or something like that. And I really doubt it's exclusive.knowing all the recent cases of Capcom PS exclusives.

hey man, capcom released their first ps3 exclusive this year

it's japan-only, and i'm not entirely convinced it won't see an expanded re-release on wii u

Draft

Capcom currently makes mostly garbage but the back catalog has so many classics even a sloppily translated, unconfirmed article suggesting one of those classics may get a new entry is good enough to start the hype train. How many years can this last? How many so-so RE games will Capcom crap out before the series is marginalized?

Jawmuncher

But anyway I doubt we get any info on RE7 at E3. We might get a teaser like we did back with RE5 but I doubt that's going to be there announcement. Especially considering that with RE6 they actually showed us that game when it was basically in a playable state.

Everyone and their mom has forgotten about this quote from last year (Yet everyone remembers the quote about making new IPs)

Kenji Kataoka, Producer on Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara, let it slip that a classic from Capcom's history will be out before the end of 2014. We'll know more once it begins to get warmer.

Whatever this game is it's going to be something from the vault. Mega Man, Power Stone, Dino Crisis, Onimusha, etc. I don't think even capcom would stoop low enough to say a classic is Resident Evil when we get games regularly in the series.

Nvzman

Easy.

First: RE6 is neither of those things. While it is highly flawed at times and there's room for improvement (making a direct sequel all the more appealing), it is anything but generic as there's simply nothing else quite like it in the TPS space and outside its low points it makes excellent use of its mechanics (outstanding pool of enemies, varied environments, interesting/fresh multiplayer design, potent difficulty settings - plenty of opportunities to make use of the layered tools you are given). On the other hand, Revelations is like the ShopRite brand of RE4/5 - it nowhere near the return to roots that the press releases would tell you. More of a cheap knockoff (though not worthless) than a proper successor; it's all promise, no potential. Regardless if you like it more, it is most certainly dumbed-down mechanically in comparison to even RE4, let alone RE6. I want the series and, by consequence, it's genre to stay at its mechanical (and diverse) pinnacle rather than feel pressure from lowbrow simplistic scare-fests the garage devs like so much (plz don't let me down Mikami).

Second: I'm a day-one fan of Resident Evil and I don't really care about this poser nonsense of hating good games because I'm not stuck in bitter dogmatic thinking; no interest upholding the "appearance" of being a hardcore Resident Evil fan and whatever agenda that is suppose to entail. I prefer real depth over the appearance of liking depth. Blah blah Michael Bay blah AAA blah videogames were better back in the old days blah. I'll take the contradicting and controversial narrative that is created when I personally judge each game on its own merits.
I 100% agree with this.
To be perfectly honest, the only "classic" RE game I could actually finish was 2. The horrible, clunky controls and awful voice acting really makes me think that the old RE games are actually less scary than people try to say they are.
Granted, I don't have nostalgia for any of these games, but I do think RE4/5 are better than every classic RE game.

Jawmuncher

Also that image everyone is using is fake. Was posted last year before E3.
I guess there's a chance it could be real, but i'm sure you all remember the fake logos we saw last year. Since as the Gears on PS3 and ZOE.

This is what I'm hoping for as well, but confessing my love for Asura's Wrath in public usually gets me stares.

That fight on the moon <3

I still enjoy replaying that fight every so often. So epic.

Fingers crossed they've reworked the gameplay.

"The ware ends now" is certainly not a promising tagline. :(

It means the the war on RE fans ends now.

Holy FUCK hahaha, don't know why people are hoping for DR3 when it's pretty much MS's game. And it's a good game and stuff, but I think there are waaaaayyyy better things to wish for.

Exactly. I'd much rather have DR4 or Asura's Wrath 2 or Dragon's Dogma 2 or Dino Crisis: Reboot...

Eggbok

I'd rather not have DR3 on PS4, it was boring on Xbox One and will be boring on PS4. Bring something new Capcom pls.

The only thing I want out of Capcom right now is Dragon's Dogma 2.
Or a new monster hunter running on the DD engine. Capcom needs to give MH to another team and put the current MH team on smart phones. They killed the goose who laid the golden egg by refusing to learn next gen. Now they are 2 gens back. MH4 looks like a ps2 game. Their big announcement this week was that they were regurgitating a bunch of monsters from previous games. How did these devs get so lazy?

Jawmuncher

Didn't Resident Evil 6 just come out?

End of 2012. If we got a release this holiday I think it would be the fastest we have ever seen a number sequel pop up. I only bring up Holiday since currently Capcom has no games for the west listed this holiday. So whatever is coming out in that timeframe has to be able to carry that fiscal quarter.

Taking place before or after 2?

After. Honestly I think DMC2 is the reason why we got the reboot. Instead of just coming out and saying "we made a mistake with this game so it's not a part of the canon" they kept making prequels until it was time to face the inevitable. When that time came they said "welp that's it for this series. How about a Western reboot?"

End of 2012. If we got a release this holiday I think it would be the fastest we have ever seen a number sequel pop up. I only bring up Holiday since currently Capcom has no games for the west listed this holiday. So whatever is coming out in that timeframe has to be able to carry that fiscal quarter.

Deep Down?

BadWolf

Didn't Resident Evil 6 just come out?

Tell that to Assassin's Creed.

Various games seem to be doing well regardless of frequent releases. Wouldn't be surprised if Capcom would want to get in on this.

After. Honestly I think DMC2 is the reason why we got the reboot. Instead of just coming out and saying "we made a mistake with this game so it's not a part of the canon" they kept making prequels until it was time to face the inevitable. When that time came they said "welp that's it for this series. How about a Western reboot?"

Huh? Devil May Cry 4 was not a prequel, they can just continue on from there.

Top Bottom