• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce a big title for PS4 at E3, possibly Resident Evil

Capcom fails to see what made Resident Evil so good. The series built its following off of RE1, RE2, RE3. Then RE4 came along and solidified its legacy. So go back to one.... And do it right. zombies... Not that shit they throw at you now. The atmosphere and pacing as well. I ran around that mansion for hours... And it was always fun to still have that bit of fear.

Proponent

Banned
How would Resident Evil be a revival? I mean I guess if you think RE5 or 6 never happened.

I rather liked RE5, especially the characters, well especially Shiva and Josh.

The African setting was awesome, and unique to video games.

The buddy co-op was a blast, and the graphics were great for the time (provided you had it on 360 and not PS3).

It was a very good game for what it was. And damn I love Shiva !

It was teasing USF4

every character in this video is in a PS4 game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dR28fXFDMI

and the Hadoken cabs advert had this number

Which wasn't mentioned by many

But what is significant about it?

August the 30th 1987 was the arcade release date of Street fighter 1

The PC and full retail versions of Ultra SF4 are august 2014.

Its a nobrainer at this point.The only question is whether it is an exclusive title or not.
The only question is when will the release the expansion to the port in 2014 after the august launch

I could understand why most people would be disappointed if the announcement was just a port of Ultra Street Fighter IV, but it would be awesome news to me. PS4 needs Street Fighter love like we need rain out here in the west.

Just the thought of Dragon’s Dogma 2....

tA1OECl.gif

I bet it's a new Resident Evil. Thinking about it, I can kind of picture how it will look.

It'll be inside a city this time, like a New York style city. You'll be given objectives in the city to get to and there will be a mix of B.O.W.s and "zombies." You can go into most of the buildings and a lot of it is running through alleyways or dark buildings.

The trailer will start with a focus on a hand swaying and then goes out to reveal the hand to belong to a zombie. The game will have more than ten different locations. A town in the mountains, a big city, a level in a hidden bunker, and I dunno.. I'm just randomly saying stuff about what it could be. Something about a submarine at one point.

Just kind of concentrating and pulling images out of the "ether." But yeah.

Also, I expect some kind of small puzzle game for the iOS/PS4/Vita/3DS to be announced and have one or two stations to try it at E3. Something similar to Puzzle Fighter. It might have Mega Man featured in it in some capacity.

Meesh

Monster Hunter is cheaper to make for 3DS and mobile devices, and that's what people own in droves down in Japan nowadays. They really have little reason to make it for consoles. Either ways Dragon's Dogma 2 with a bigger carving weapon/armor making system would take away my Monster Hunter itch.
Damn your logic, I'm looking for a reason to buy a PS4!!!! .....So this Dragons Dogma...is it good, better or compatible to MH??

Astarte

Killer 9 pls

Make Suda make a good game again, pls Capcome.

As much as I want a Killer 7 sequel, I don't think having
more person would do any good. Maybe a prequel would be nice...but you know Suda isn't in the business of directing games anymore.

Anyway, as for a Dragon's Dogma sequel.

I would prefer it if the game took more chances.

The original felt too "Demons Souls" for my tastes.

Nothing wrong with that game mind you, but I would rather see other series forge their own unique path.

Keep going...

WHAT? You seriously want to take RE4 off the timeline too?

BRO! COME ON!

Whether you feel that game is a diversion from the series' conventions or not, its still an awesome game in the series.

Plus, if you did that, it would only leave the Racoon City incident from the first three in the timeline.

By the time 4 hit, the series needed some deviation.

Village

I don't know why one would do that concidering re4 and 5 are better than any resident evil before that iMO.

Them shits were boring.

Aaron

RE5 was fine since it mostly aped 4, but added a second character. RE6 was the most awful shit I have ever actually tried to get some redeeming value out of. All three campaigns are total shit, and feel as if they were made by people who have never played videogames before.

Daouzin

Give me a new Maximo, Capcom.

This would make me soooooo happy. The first Maximo for PS2 is incredible. I'll never forget the first stage, it was so well crafted. I used to go back there for lives/money since I could get all the secrets and run through it in a matter of minutes. I played it again just a few years ago for the sake of nostalgia. I think it still holds up well enough.

Mieu

Capcom to publish this in Japan...

d872aedcdccf552f3a519ee565576732_large.jpg

I have lost faith in Capcom since they abandoned Mega Man, released that betrayalton game that is called UMVC3 (well at least for those who bough the vanilla) and for not bringing MH to the Vita.... sniff..

Lernaean

Banned
When did Capcom announce a Monster Hunter for PS4?

I guess when people refer to a PS4 MH they mean Deep Down.
It has monster hunting attributes and on the fly coop to clear a random dungeon and kill a big beast and i agree with those that see MH in it.

The_Monk

Whatever it is, I already have my E3-Hype-Ticket with all my good GAFfers. Weather it's going to be something good or bad I can't wait for E3 with all this hype, curiosity and fun. Sometimes it's not about the destiny but the journey itself, almost there! :)

Dead Rising 3 port.

If only. :/

Please let it be so

could be a "off the record" type game like dead rising 2 got, wouldn't surprise me

I won't lie, it would be nice to see the game in 1080p.

Dead Rising 3: Frank and chuck holiday edition

Dead Rising #4ThePlayers

Only fitting for PS4.

Dead Rising 3:Off the Record with Chuck Greene

If it is RE I hope its way better than RE 6.

-Dead Rising 3 (now in 1080p)

Good grief.

You'd all be better off hoping that DR4 is multiplat...

Damn your logic, I'm looking for a reason to buy a PS4!!!! .....So this Dragons Dogma...is it good, better or compatible to MH??

It's not comparable to Monster Hunter outside of going out to the land and fighting various creatures, some which include pretty decently big monsters. As to whether it's good, see the videos, read the thread and see for yourself. This game has a lot of love and many consider it the best thing to come out of Capcom in ages. My favorite mechanic is the monster climbing mechanic. You're able to climb monsters such as cyclopses and hang unto their bodies ala Shadow of the Colossus. There' also griffins and chimeras and other creatures. It's one of the few games where being an archer doesn't feel like extra work. In fact bow and arrow is pretty OP for a while. The game was done by the DMC director and a big part of the team that worked on it (if I recall correctly) so the combat system is great. There's also a 'party' system where you have a party member that never leaves you and like 2-3 other members you continuously switch out. You can trade party members with others online and stuff.

The downside of the game is the story. It's very basic and a bit cheesy.. at first. But there's depth to it if you do new game plus. If you've ever played Nier, think a bit like that. Another downside is no fast-travel which can get a bit tedious but it's manageable. The third downside, which isn't major, is the companions keep talking during battles and usually say the same crap. Which becomes funny after a point when after the 1000th group of wolves you fight they still feel the need to shout "WOLVES HUNT IN PACKS!". Also the game has fantastic and amazing post-game content. I really cannot, and I need to stress it, cannot recommend this game enough. If a PS4 version existed I would've bought it by now. And I have never rebought major release games.

Hope it's not resident evil :/

Kinda this. RE doesn't mean the same it used.

yurinka

Knowing how Capcom loves to port I'd bet it's Dead Rising 3 Off the record, Monster Hunter 4 HD, Resident Evil Remastered Collection, USFIV or something like that. And I really doubt it's exclusive.knowing all the recent cases of Capcom PS exclusives.

If it's a big AAA brand new game it would be an Onimusha or Resident Evil 7, in both cases multiplatform.

It was teasing USF4

every character in this video is in a PS4 game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dR28fXFDMI

and the Hadoken cabs advert had this number

Which wasn't mentioned by many

But what is significant about it?

August the 30th 1987 was the arcade release date of Street fighter 1

The PC and full retail versions of Ultra SF4 are august 2014.

Its a nobrainer at this point.The only question is whether it is an exclusive title or not.
this post seems fairly conclusive to me
It was an homage of great games of PS history, not only PS4 games. Notice that also Tearaway, Crash Bandicoot, zombie dogs from RE, Resistance,Ico, Parappa and even the tech demo of Kara have a cameo are hinted there. I doubt all of them are coming to PS4 unless they are talking about PSNow and BC (including a Vita one).

But yep, I'd love to see USFIV in PS4 and Vita too.

Top Bottom