• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce a big title for PS4 at E3, possibly Resident Evil

-MD-

Reboot RE so it's 70% like remake and 30% like re4.

Or have some balls and make it 100% like remake.

Endo Punk

The only game Capcom can announce that would get me hyped is DMC5. That franchise has gone through shit one too many times, it deserves one more phenomenal entry before bowing out.

Tratorn

So the part with announcing a new game for PS4 is confirmed? Just RE is a speculation? Or is the whole part just a rumour? If yes, then it should be mentioned.

Beelzebubs

Nobody translated the Japanese in OP? Best Google Translate would do.

"The game world's largest trade fair to be held in June in the United States in the "E3", you are planning the announcement of the epic game even for PS4. It is seen as a new work of the Resident Evil series, attention of fans is growing. Latest "6" has sold 5.6 million more than in the world Resident Evil, comparable sales are expected to "7" also will be released."

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like I am going to fall into the Resident Evil Cycle, every single time they always get my attention on how potentially different it will be in comparison to its previous installment. Damn you Capcom!

androvsky

Capcpom me if old.

Anyway, according to the article below, Capcom is planning to announce a big title for PS4 at this year's E3, and it looks to be a new installment of the Resident Evil series.
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/west/west_economy/news/140419/wec14041912000004-n1.htm

There are other stuff mentioned as well but my Japanese language sucks so if anyone wants to translate, feel free to do so and I'll add them here.

Is that the right link? I'm having trouble finding the quote, either translated or original, in the article.

edit: Never mind, multi-page article :)

Majmun

Well with the way Microsoft has been throwing money around and buying exclusives, its not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Getting exclusive rights for a new IP (Titanfall) is totally different than getting a major 3rd party franchise exclusive

The second would cost a lot. And the publisher might think twice because it would hurt the franchise in the end.

Respawn

Banned
Capcpom me if old.

Anyway, according to the article below, Capcom is planning to announce a big title for PS4 at this year's E3, and it looks to be a new installment of the Resident Evil series.
http://sankei.jp.msn.com/west/west_economy/news/140419/wec14041912000004-n1.htm

There are other stuff mentioned as well but my Japanese language sucks so if anyone wants to translate, feel free to do so and I'll add them here.

Google translate
The game world's largest trade fair to be held in June in the United States in the "E3", you are planning the announcement of the epic game even for PS4. It is seen as a new work of the Resident Evil series, attention of fans is growing. Latest "6" has sold 5.6 million more than in the world Resident Evil, comparable sales are expected to "7" also will be released.

Takao

Banned
Wasn't there some rumor a while back that Capcom was going XB1 exclusive with the next RE?

The source for that rumor said this:

For the E3 2014 Capcom is planning an official announcement of Resident Evil 7 According to the latest rumors.

"according to the latest rumors", they aren't even citing an unknown source, but "rumors"? C'mon.

Majmun

Do we have a sales split between the two RE6 versions?

I imagine the Ps3 version selling a lot more. Thanks to Japan, too.

Anura

Anyone who expects a console MH beyond frontier is just setting themselves up for disappointment. Dang though... if it was I would go and buy a PS4 then and there.

Top Bottom