• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce a big title for PS4 at E3, possibly Resident Evil

I want to see DMC5 and Dragon's Dogma 2, but Itsuno can only work on one game at a time, so of the two I'd prefer to see a new Devil May Cry.

I don't know why I'm getting my hopes up though since it's probably just Resident Evil.

Elios83

The pessimism in this topic is palpable. Capcom's earned it though. I bought RE6 for 7 bucks and felt ripped off. I would love another Dino Crisis but it would probably just suck ass anyway.

Considering the current state of Capcom, after RE5, RE6, Bionic Commando, DMC4, Lost Bomba and other titles, as you said it's really hard to expect anything.
They have to earn their reputation back by making great games again.

Not sure if I should be hyped or not. On one hand, I enjoyed Resident Evil 6. On the other hand, I've been disappointed by a lot of Capcom announcements lately.

Jawmuncher

You know that quote says "New Work of the resident evil series".
Dino crisis spawned off of Dino Crisis to begin with, and we have all said that a DC game bsed off RE6 gameplay would be a good start.

Me over thinking more than likely, but if it's DC lets look back at this post in awe come E3.
The only reason i'm still bringing it up is that capcom said a classic IP would be coming back when the weather warmed, and weather doesn't getting any warmer than the summer at E3.

Savitar

I don't mind a new Resident Evil game as long as they understand where they have gone so wrong. I swear they looked at the movies and thought that was what they needed and applied those lessons into the game. They don't need to go back to tank controls and getting ribbons but they don't need co op and that shit either.

Yuuichi

Give me Power Stone 3, Rival Schools 3 or DmC 2. One of those three and I'll never shit talk you again Capcpcom.

You spelled "Crapcom" wrong.

It's probably RE7, and I would be surprised if it sold less than 4m units if it has a last gen release (likely). Not enough of a ps4 install base in japan yet to make those sort of sales.

V_Arnold

List of Capcom games I would love to see get announced:
- Marvel vs Capcom 4
- Street Fighter V
- DmC 2
- DMC 5
- Dragons Dogma 2 or Dragons Dogma PC

Things I will probably get:
- .... Resident F****n Evil 7.

Moofers

Dragons Dogma 2

Resident Evil complete reboot

Mega Man returns

Those are the options. Nobody gives a shit about anything else you are thinking of, Capcom. Time to get your head back on straight or just go make mobile games for the rest of your days.

FiggyCal

Banned
Would Ultra Street Fighter IV even count as a "big" title?

Street Fighter IV - 3.3 million
Super Street Fighter IV - 1.9 million
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - 1.1 million
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - ??? but less than 1 million

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Arcade edition was a dlc, also. Capcom announced 300k sold at retail within a few days about 3 years ago. I have a hard time believing it's not at 1 million at this point (dlc and physical version combined).
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/07/28/capcom-sales-fall-in-1st-fiscal-quarter-income-rises/

Corsick

Dragon's Dogma was by far my favorite new IP from last gen, so I would be ecstatic if a sequel was announced. I really fear that the game is stuck in a bit of purgatory as it sold well but not great and it doesn't have a huge following. Dark Souls is a somewhat niche game with not so niche sales, Dragon's Dogma feels like a niche game with sales that put it in an awkward space where Capcom is unsure just how worthy it is to have a fully fledged sequel. I fear that they may not return to it and fix all the obvious issues in the original that could do wonders for a sequel.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
All I want is UMVC3 next gen edition with ultra on PS4. Capcom has been doing things right for a while, hopefully this shift is apparent in their games too.

Salex_

I would love a new Chaos Legion...I feel like I'm the only person who played that game lol. I really enjoyed that game because I played it after Dynasty Warriors 3 and the Legions mechanics felt like an evolution of the bodyguards in DW3.

the chris

Man, I can't wait until Capcom can come up and announce...

Resident Evil 6 PS4 Edition!

tumblr_mo72gh2X571qfodnoo1_400.gif

tdfIFRS.gif

Use the touch pad for all QTEs.

viveks86

Extremely front loaded first week sales. It has sold close to 5.6 million, which is about 1 million behind RE 5. The problem? The majority of the sales happened within the first few weeks, after people realized the game was crap, the sale dropped quickly.

The RE name was a big commercial success until RE 6 came and completely shattered and destroyed it.

Hmmm.. I guess Capcom won't care as long as it keeps selling. For the sake of the fans, I hope they address the issues with RE 6.

OneUh8

I will take most anything other than a new RE. We already have and are going to have shit loads of horror/survival type games.

Wild theory:

Sony sold their SE stock to fund an exclusive resident evil 2 remake. It's so crazy it has to be true!

..dreams can come true, right? Right?!

Top Bottom