• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce a big title for PS4 at E3, possibly Resident Evil

if it's not Dragon's Dogma 2

then nothing to see here....

yoko+hot.gif

impact

Banned

Don't be silly. This will be their Evo game announcement.

Would Ultra Street Fighter IV even count as a "big" title?

Street Fighter IV - 3.3 million
Super Street Fighter IV - 1.9 million
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - 1.1 million
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - ??? but less than 1 million

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

Considering the complete lack of games and no fighting games at all on PS4... it could be pretty big

?If it is another RE, I sure as hell hope it goes back to the feel of the PS1 era titles.

They need to use RE2 as the template.

Gimme Dragon's Dogma 2, some Capcom arcade titles on PSN (arcade version of some CPS2 titles that haven't gotten home releases yet?), and maybe a director's cut of Asura's Wrath. All I need!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Would Ultra Street Fighter IV even count as a "big" title?

Street Fighter IV - 3.3 million
Super Street Fighter IV - 1.9 million
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition - 1.1 million
Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition - ??? but less than 1 million

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

It would be the same situation as Guilty Gear where you're probably better off getting it on last gen where the community is bigger and you already have an arcade stick. PS4 needs an exclusive fighter, not a port.

I didn't know Dragon's Dogma was that huge on this board.

How did the original game sell?

Well enough to warrant a sequel and make it viable?

mao2

It would be the same situation as Guilty Gear where you're probably better off getting it on last gen where the community is bigger and you already have an arcade stick. PS4 needs an exclusive fighter, not a port.
Guilty Gear Xrd is coming out for PS4 too.

Gator86

The pessimism in this topic is palpable. Capcom's earned it though. I bought RE6 for 7 bucks and felt ripped off. I would love another Dino Crisis but it would probably just suck ass anyway.

Was RE 6 a commercial success?
Extremely front loaded first week sales. It has sold close to 5.6 million, which is about 1 million behind RE 5. The problem? The majority of the sales happened within the first few weeks, after people realized the game was crap, the sale dropped quickly.

The RE name was a big commercial success until RE 6 came and completely shattered and destroyed it.

Top Bottom