• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom to announce a big title for PS4 at E3, possibly Resident Evil

Blues1990

Megaman Legends, sweet!

giphy.gif

*Sigh*

If only this was true.

shaowebb

Why do I get the feeling they are gonna just say "Lost Planet 4" and keep insisting to us all that its a mega title we should all pretend hasn't flopped each time it was announced.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Please god be USFIV for next gen.

Will probably be RE7 :'(

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
RE6 was the definition of clunky.

They tried to add more mobility to an old system and it didn't imo.And yes I played the mercenaries and I have plenty of experience with that system.Nothing to write home about.

I'm sorry but I can't get behind this at all. Re6 was in no way clunky. Sure, it needs some polish (aiming before dodging could be worked on for sure) but that's a poor excuse to say Tank controls should return. If anything, they should be refined so that a lot of the issues with 6 can be resolved.

I don't want to insult your game skills but I have trouble believing that anyone who has put that much time into Mercs would call it clunky.

Arklite

Hopefully it is RE, they've been pretty fearless about changing things up so far, and 6 was stupidly ambitious. Big budget and a lot of design flex, all they need is a stronger focus.

pixlexic

Banned
Hope its deep down in the west. and also hope it is one of those " and it is also out on psn right now!" type of things.... its good to dream .. :)

dolabla

I want to get excited so bad at the thought that they're really going back to their roots with RE. Please, I hope this is really it.

I wish Capcom would finally give us a full 3D Megaman.

Every other 2D series has gone 3D, so why not?

Plus with Megaman appearing in Smash Bros. in full 3D, how can you not be tantalized and enticed for a full 3D title of that series?

Seyavesh

i hope it's something really absurd like an yakuza-ish street fighter RPG beat em up starring ryu

he travels by cab to places just like kazuma kiryu, obviously

Espada

I'd love a Dragon's Dogma 2 announcement, but realistically this is probably just RE4/RE5/RE6 remastered. Aside from Dragon's Dogma, Capcom has been really disappointing for some time now.

Jigorath

Banned
Give me a remake of Resident Evil 2 and all your sins will be redeemed Capcom. I'll even forgot about you releasing Marvel vs Capcom 3 half finished.

Nobody translated the Japanese in OP? Best Google Translate would do.

"The game world's largest trade fair to be held in June in the United States in the "E3", you are planning the announcement of the epic game even for PS4. It is seen as a new work of the Resident Evil series, attention of fans is growing. Latest "6" has sold 5.6 million more than in the world Resident Evil, comparable sales are expected to "7" also will be released."

Impressive that Google Translate turned Biohazard into Resident Evil. ;)

What was up with that Ryu in a taxi cab tease? Wasn't that Sony related?

It was teasing USF4

every character in this video is in a PS4 game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dR28fXFDMI

and the Hadoken cabs advert had this number

Which wasn't mentioned by many

But what is significant about it?

August the 30th 1987 was the arcade release date of Street fighter 1

The PC and full retail versions of Ultra SF4 are august 2014.

Its a nobrainer at this point.The only question is whether it is an exclusive title or not.

Announcement exclusive or legit exclusive?

Either way, unless this is a fundamental reworking of Resident Evil and/or REmake 2, it's hard to be too excited by a new RE.

Would much prefer Dino Crisis at this point...

I'd take a "definitive edition" of both RE5 and 6.

And RE7. I think they should take a good look at the first two Dead Space games and make that game like those two.

DVCY201

Yup. That says Biohazard alright. Says that there bringing a new installment in the series to a tradeshow "E3" to announce it, and hype fans. Also, there's a bit of sales data about 6 and how it sold 5,600,000, and they're expecting this one to sell more to a certain degree.

I expect this to be RE7, they explicitly refer to it as the 7th game in the last sentence. I have no idea if this is actually from Capcom though, so I'd place it as rumour.

I'd take a "definitive edition" of both RE5 and 6.

And RE7. I think they should take a good look at the first two Dead Space games and make that game like those two.

I think they should take a long hard look at RE1, 2, 3 and CV instead. I love DS, but RE doesn't need to become a DS clone. It needs to look to its roots and what made the series the success it was.

Yup. That says Biohazard alright. Says that there bringing a new installment in the series to a tradeshow "E3" to announce it, and hype fans. Also, there's a bit of sales data about 6 and how it sold 5,600,000, and they're expecting this one to sell more to a certain degree.

RE6 sold 5.6m?

Jesus Christ. All hope truly is lost.

Korigama

With neither Kamiya nor Mikami at Capcom anymore, I have no reason whatsoever to want a REmake 2 (let alone be inclined to believe they wouldn't screw it up).

Resident Evil 5.

You're trolling but if they put out RE5 that had all the DLC, had Mercs mode unlocked from the starts, fixed that nonsense about how you can't play with Mercs Reunion characters in regular Mercs and vice versa, made some more levels (the mansion from the DLC and the helicopter place from the other one always should have been in Mercs mode imo), and made more costumes/loadouts... I'd buy it when I eventually buy a PS4 or XB1.

I think they should take a long hard look at RE1, 2, 3 and CV instead. I love DS, but RE doesn't need to become a DS clone. It needs to look to its roots and what made the series the success it was.

Of course, but I was speaking from the perspective of Capcom wanting to keep the action element of the newer games while trying to find a middle-ground to satisfy fans of the classic games. Because action games sell more than pure horror ones, and Dead Space is what's closer to what Capcom wanted to achieve with both RE5 and 6. I would love an old-school RE game, but I don't think we'll ever get that.

And the farther they stay from anything resembling Code: Veronica, the better.

Fuck that game.

Top Bottom