• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

icespide

Banned
28 minutes till

giphy.gif

Kinda sad the captain america movies are coming to an end. I wonder if evans will extend his contract after IW.

I wouldn't rule it out. He seems to only want to act in Marvel movies going forward.

Does anyone know if they're shooting IW pt 1 and 2 back to back?

They are, but the Russos said not to take that as meaning they're one movie split in two parts. They are both standalone films.

Luke_Wal

Is there any way at all to get a ticket to the DC early screening? I would probably pay someone else on Gaf way too much money for that.

tomtom94

They are, but apparently they are not two halves of one movie. They're apparently two very different movies.

I know this is going to sound like a terrible comparison, but something like the approach they took with Mockingjay could work. Parts 1 and 2 deal with very different themes, although unfortunately part 1 never really moves beyond setting up Part 2.

More twitter impressions

"@firstshowing: Whoa. Captain America: Civil War is indeed outstanding. Totally blown away by all the action, better than both Avengers. Remarkable

@kristapley
Ant-Man is the best thing about Cap Civil War. Movie's way too long. No structure. Antagonist's motivation is sorta weak sauce. But I dug it

@erikdavis
CIVIL WAR will go down as the MCU's EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Other great films & scenes will likely follow, but they'll be compared to CW imo

I know this is going to sound like a terrible comparison, but something like the approach they took with Mockingjay could work. Parts 1 and 2 deal with very different themes, although unfortunately part 1 never really moves beyond setting up Part 2.

I'm hoping it means Part 1 follows Thanos' conquests on his way to earth, and Part 2 is the big showdown.

Part 1 shouldn't end on a cliffhanger in the middle of the battle against Thanos or something.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
btw, i hope we get more snarky thread title changes, even if in the scenario that it does get mostly positive reviews

It's amazing how much of the MCU WORKS BECAUSE OF Chris Evans. I remember reading that Jim from The Office was originally going to get he part and I just don't think it would have worked this well

@kristapley
Ant-Man is the best thing about Cap Civil War. Movie's way too long. No structure. Antagonist's motivation is sorta weak sauce. But I dug it

And the thumb comes down on one of the pulsing nerves quietly thrumming just under the surface.

@erikdavis
CIVIL WAR will go down as the MCU's EMPIRE STRIKES BACK. Other great films & scenes will likely follow, but they'll be compared to CW imo

There's always one!

I'm hoping it means Part 1 follows Thanos' conquests on his way to earth, and Part 2 is the big showdown.

Part 1 shouldn't end on a cliffhanger in the middle of the battle against Thanos or something.
I read something earlier today from the Russos that said part one will focus on thanos.

Loris146

More twitter impressions

"@firstshowing: Whoa. Captain America: Civil War is indeed outstanding. Totally blown away by all the action, better than both Avengers. Remarkable

@kristapley

@erikdavis

No way. Don't do this... The hype is unreal.

Permanently A

It's amazing how much of the MCU WORKS BECAUSE OF Chris Evans. I remember reading that Jim from The Office was originally going to get he part and I just don't think it would have worked this well

Seriously? That would have been incredible lol, I don't think I would be able to suspend my disbelief.

SpaceWolf

Banned

If you ask me...

Part 1: Classic, colourful super-hero team up movie. The MCU bands together to beat Thanos. Film ends with them all getting curbstomped on, with Thanos taking over the universe.

Part 2: Surviving heroes band together to defeat Thanos. Probably by venturing out into the cosmos and meeting the Guardians. Use the Infinity Gauntlet to reverse all the damage Thanos has wrought and restore order to the universe.

Part 1: 18th century period piece

Part 2: Stoner comedy

Seth Rogan as Pip the Troll and James Franco as Star Fox.

It depends. I'd like to see one of the movies have Thanos as the protagonist and the second be the big fight against him, as others have said.

I can see IW1 getting shelacced because it's so much set up but if I had to guess the structure will be a lot like the first two issues of Secret Wars (HIckman). Issue 1/IW1 will be a huge fight with Thanos on Earth. Issue 2/IW2 will be in space, bringing the fight to the galaxy. I can see them bringing in some Kree/Skrull (or Kree/Chitauri) type stuff in there.

Makes sense how the comics are playing up Captain Marvel's spaceness. I can see her being introduced in the MCU as a necessary space liason after IW1 introduces THanos as an immediate threat and the GotG show up and open up a wider galaxy to play in.

Leading Doc Strange to be all "YA DOY. TOLD Y'ALL."

I can see IW1 getting shelacced because it's so much set up but if I had to guess the structure will be a lot like the first two issues of Secret Wars (HIckman). Issue 1/IW1 will be a huge fight with Thanos on Earth. Issue 2/IW2 will be in space, bringing the fight to the galaxy. I can see them bringing in some Kree/Skrull (or Kree/Chitauri) type stuff in there.

Makes sense how the comics are playing up Captain Marvel's spaceness. I can see her being introduced in the MCU as a necessary space liason after IW1 introduces THanos as an immediate threat and the GotG show up and open up a wider galaxy to play in.

Leading Doc Strange to be all "YA DOY. TOLD Y'ALL."
Ant Man & The Wasp is after Part 1, that's going to be an interesting change of pace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom