• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain America: Civil War Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping to just walk in the theatre and be blown the hell away like I was with Winter Soldier. Just jaw on the floor, "how on earth is a Cap Movie this good" astonishment

Now...you've...done...it

giphy.gif

Wait hold on I'm just a boy

3 friggin' weeks...

1 More Sleep Til' War

SpaceWolf

Banned
Seriously though, has there been any film trilogy where each installment has been even better than the last?

What Marvel have managed to do with a character like Captain America is really astonishing.

Thor on the other hand...

Altairre

I'm hoping to just walk in the theatre and be blown the hell away like I was with Winter Soldier. Just jaw on the floor, "how on earth is a Cap Movie this good" astonishment

This would not even be a surprise anymore. I love that character now and thought he was going to be the dumbest thing when Marvel announced those movies. When I read the complaints about Superman in MoS and BvS and the descriptions of what a person he should be, it always reminds me of Cap in the MCU. Chris Evans does an absolutely amazing job.

tomtom94

I've wondered about that. He was such a great Rhodey and it's a damn shame he turned down future roles over money. I have to imagine he regrets his choice on some level.

If I remember rightly it was actually a pretty dickish move on RDJ's part in between the two films that would have screwed Howard out of a lot of things.

We have Cheadle now, though, and I'm okay with that.

Henkka

Banned
Seriously though, has there been any film trilogy where each installment has been even better than the last?

What Marvel have managed to do with a character like Captain America is really astonishing.

Thor on the other hand...

Wonder how that is. Did they just strike gold by hiring the Russos? Like, would Dark World have been fucking awesome if it was directed by them? Or is there something about Captain America as a character?

Thought there was more to it than that - but I can't really recall.

Yeah I read it all on wiki the other day. RDJ was edging him out, money wise. Since Ter was the first to sign on he got the most money but RDJ kept digging and digging into it. It's technically "just about money" but the money situation was handled with little respect to Lucious.

tl;dr RDJ: "BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. BANG BANG BANG BANG."

Because surprise!!! The film's directors understand and respect the source material.

It wasn't just that, there are plenty of good directors who "get it". Deadpool being the most recent example.

WS just came together perfectly out of nowhere, vastly exceeding the first film (which wasn't bad at all) and topping it off with the most eye meltingly ridiculous fight choreography in the genre.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
This would not even be a surprise anymore. I love that character now and thought he was going to be the dumbest thing when Marvel announced those movies. When I read the complaints about Superman in MoS and BvS and the descriptions of what a person he should be, it always reminds me of Cap in the MCU. Chris Evans does an absolutely amazing job.

Henry lost, Chris wins.

viDwwaL.png

Wonder how that is. Did they just strike gold by hiring the Russos? Like, would Dark World have been fucking awesome if it was directed by them? Or is there something about Captain America as a character?
Considering they're essentially also directing Iron Man, Black Panther, Spiderman, and Ant-Man, and they seem to be nailing all the character beats and relationships, it's not just Cap. Too bad we won't see Russo Thor and Hulk till Infinity War

Considering they're essentially also directing Iron Man, Black Panther, Spiderman, and Ant-Man, and they seem to be nailing all the character beats and relationships, it's not just Cap. Too bad we won[t see Russo Thor and Hulk till Infinity War

Thor needs some work, but Hulk has been pretty great in both avengers films. I don't think there's much there to "fix"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom