• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker: a couple of new screenshots

Kandinsky

Captain Toad adorableness:
knxiuk.gif

Zoomed in adorableness:
btkzmj.gif
Have you seen him under water?, my heart wont be able to take, it will melt.

HoJu

so this game is beautiful and adorable and i want it in my arms, but please don't make me blow on the gamepad. especially for the more difficult challenges. it's not fun and doesn't work half the time. just give me the option to press a button instead.

There's such a stark simplicity to this title that seems to hearken a lot to Nintendo's earlier days. I could easily envision a 2D isometric verion of this being played on the SNES, and I think that's underlying the appeal that a lot here have hooked onto.

maxcriden

Just a small town Toad
Livin' in a lonely world
He took the midnight train
Goin' anywhere

Just a city Toadette
Livin' in a Rogueport world
She took the Excess Express
Goin' any-where

I would love to see a Legend of Zelda in this engine...

That would be truly amazing. (Also, I've wanted a Paper Zelda for a long time.)

Wonder if the lack of news like dates and whatnot could point to a direct before long?

Fingers way crossed!

The treehouse footage was great. CT continues to look like a treat. I'm loving Captain T's new, clumsy little "star get" sequence. XD

Litri

Regardless of how great it looks I wouldn't price this above 45 eur...

I won't buy it if it's higher than that and this comes from someone who greatly enjoyed the toad levels in SM3D.

I won't buy it if it's higher than that and this comes from someone who greatly enjoyed the toad levels in SM3D.

Your EAD loss
Are you expecting there to be 8 levels or less like there were in SM3DW?

I'm sure you'll change your mind if reviews say this is a full fledged game, and not a 2 hour puzzle game.

jblank83

I want this game so much. It's one of my most anticipated.

Sounds strange to say when Smash and Bayonetta, Wasteland, Fantasy Life, and other such games are on the horizon (but not Isaac, I need Isaac). I really like puzzle games though, and I think Captain Toad qualifies as an action puzzle kind of game.

This is one of the aspects I really love about Nintendo. The effort they put into the art styles is amazing. You will be able to comeback 15 years from now and still say they look great unlike other AAA games that will look dated once a next gen arrives.
Indeed. Nintendo really knows how to utilize hardware extremely well. The fact it runs as good as it looks just makes it that much better.

I'd buy it at full price and anyone that wouldn't I'd call an idiot but Nintendo would probably be wise to price it a bit lower than usual

The puzzle gameplay and style is reminding me so much of the 3DS game Mario & DK Minis on the Move, which I'm playing now and really loving it too. Is this by the same team?

Davey Cakes

Will the retail release conserve that level of IQ?, it looks good.
I don't see why not. The game doesn't seem particularly taxing. It's beautiful but it's not processing the same sorts of things that a game like Mario Kart 8 does.

Captain Toad is a budget title with small scale to its levels but it really looks like it has all the typical Nintendo production values behind it. The game will look and play wonderfully.

Litri

Your EAD loss
Are you expecting there to be 8 levels or less like there were in SM3DW?

I'm sure you'll change your mind if reviews say this is a full fledged game, and not a 2 hour puzzle game.

Fair enough. That is actually my main concern, the amount of content in relation to the price.

It's the same blurry AA they used for 3d world so probably

I don't see why not. The game doesn't seem particularly taxing. It's beautiful but it's not processing the same sorts of things that a game like Mario Kart 8 does.

Captain Toad is a budget title with small scale to its levels but it really looks like it has all the typical Nintendo production values behind it. The game will look and play wonderfully.

Well it looks nice to me, will probably get it once i get a Wii U.

Roo

Will the retail release conserve that level of IQ?, it looks good.
All the stages look rather small so I guess it wouldn't be hard to load the entire map at once and leave the rest of the processing power to some AA which is rather taxing.

Indeed. Nintendo really knows how to utilize hardware extremely well. The fact it runs as good as it looks just makes it that much better.

I know, it's crazy.

Gilby

What is this game going to play like? Not rely sure what it is...

Like the Captain Toad levels of 3D World, which where puzzle levels that required figuring out where to go, and in what order, with a little bit of timing involved.

They were really fun, and felt kind of like one of those 3D marble mazes.

The piranha plant shadow on the left looks like it's in the wrong spot. I guess it's for the one that's higher up, but it still looks off to me.

Minor details aside, this game looks fantastic and I'm really excited for it.

That's captain toad's thing, not a piranha.

Top Bottom