• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Captain Toad - Treasure Tracker: a couple of new screenshots

Hiltz

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker looks like a delightfully fun game. I guess we'll have to keep checking our watches until Nintendo's ready to discuss more about it... probably next month.

BDGAME

thought this was the best place to put this

from paul robertson

tumblr_n7jn6mG48H1qhccbco1_500.gif
That is amazing! Very well done!

maxcriden

Smash confirmed for this year if that's true.

Smash has *been* confirmed for this year for a long time now. No way it gets delayed with Nintendo banking their holidays on its release coinciding with Amiibos.

I actually think a delay is a good thing. Toad's going to get overshadowed by Smash this year.

Zalman pls

In my home Captain Toad wants to come and frolic. Ain't no place for SSB here!

AdanVC

Nooooo this is my most anticipated game right now :( Even a bit more than Smash because I truly loved SM3DW and those Captain Toad levels... Smash for november and Captain Toad for december will be just great for an awesome holiday :'( If it gets delayed till march as it says there, then that means we would probably have another 3/4 month drought of games since there's no other Wii U game that we know that is coming either on january or february. :(

maxcriden

End of March?! C'mon now.

FWIW, 3/31/15 is a typical placeholder date for Q1 2015. So even if this is accurate, it could still hit, say, January 2015. (Although Nintendo almost never releases games in January.)

Release date in NA?

Unknown as of yet.

Nooooo this is my most anticipated game right now :( Even a bit more than Smash because I truly loved SM3DW and those Captain Toad levels... Smash for november and Captain Toad for december will be just great for an awesome holiday :'( If it gets delayed till march as it says there, then that means we would probably have another 3/4 month drought of games since there's no other Wii U game that we know that is coming in early 2015. :(

I doubt it's really delayed to March. If it is, I doubt we wouldn't get other Wii U game(s) between Smash and this. There are actually many other Wii U games slated for the first half of 2015: Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, and Mario vs. DK.

You have just been Donkey Konged.

The only way this makes me happy is if that rumor of Nintendo doing one name Wii U release per month is true and they need something for March.

Sadly I just can't see that happening unless some remasters are being rolled out in Jan/Feb.

AdanVC

I doubt it's really delayed to March. If it is, I doubt we wouldn't get other Wii U game(s) between Smash and this. There are actually many other Wii U games slated for the first half of 2015: Yoshi's Woolly World, Mario Maker, Mario Party 10, Splatoon, and Mario vs. DK.

I totally forgot about Mario Party 10! Hope this can be the case and we can get a Nintendo Direct soon to have some release dates for some of them. But still, let's hope CT doesn't get delayed :(

Mory Dunz

Are you havin' a larf? Smash Bros and Toad appeal to completely different types of gamers - platformers and brawlers.

Well, according to most people, Nintendo games are a genre and all of them appeal to the same people equally. If you like one, you like them all, if you hate one, you hate them all.

But seriously. Yeah, not too surprised if it gets delayed. Hopefully it'll be Feb.

maxcriden

You have just been Donkey Konged.

The only way this makes me happy is if that rumor of Nintendo doing one name Wii U release per month is true and they need something for March.

Sadly I just can't see that happening unless some remasters are being rolled out in Jan/Feb.

Nintendo hasn't released a game in January for 3DS or Wii U. The last game they released in a January was Glory of Heracles for DS in 2010. Before that, it was Advance Wars DS and Endless Ocean in 2008. (Also, except for Wii Sports Club, which is an eShop re-release, Nintendo hasn't released a game in July for Wii U or 3DS, and hasn't released any original game in a July since 2010, with DQ IX. Before that, it was Wii Sports Resort in 2009, and prior to that, it was Picross DS and Mario Strikers Charged in 2007.)

They should take as much as time as they need with it so this is good news to me (if true, of course).

dd pls

You're just jelly since we were supposed to still get it this year. >:{

daydream

Banned
dd pls

You're just jelly since we were supposed to still get it this year. >:{

:p

Nah, I got too much on my plate at the moment. I think that pretty much applies to everyone at all times so I'm surprised by the reaction. They have one stab at the game so it should be a damn good one. If they need more time for that, they should go right ahead.

Although I suppose if the game does come out in Japan several months before we can get our hands on it, then there'd be nothing gained and we'd have a legitimate reason to complain.

maxcriden

:p

Nah, I got too much on my plate at the moment. I think that pretty much applies to everyone at all times so I'm surprised by the reaction. They have one stab at the game so it should be a damn good one. If they need more time for that, they should go right ahead.

Although I suppose if the game does come out in Japan several months before we can get our hands on it, then there'd be nothing gained and we'd have a legitimate reason to complain.

I dunno. I don't like beat'em-up, character action or hack'n'slash games so this is really my only remaining first-party announced retail game I plan to pick up this year that's yet to come out. If it's a delay for quality and not release schedule padding, though, I can get behind that.

daydream

Banned
I dunno. I don't like beat'em-up, character action or hack'n'slash games so this is really my only remaining first-party announced retail game I plan to pick up this year that's yet to come out. If it's a delay for quality and not release schedule padding, though, I can get behind that.

Well, I always take both old and new games into account but if we're talking new releases only, then sure, the delay must hurt some people. Anyway, there's still hope. :)

maxcriden

Well, I always take both old and new games into account but if we're talking new releases only, then sure, the delay must hurt some people. Anyway, there's still hope. :)

It hurts me greatly, dd. GREATLY. (I'm keeping hope alive, though.
Hope that this means a delay for the next Rhythm Heaven game, so you can feel my terrible pain.
)

daydream

Banned
It hurts me greatly, dd. GREATLY. (I'm keeping hope alive, though.
Hope that this means a delay for the next Rhythm Heaven game, so you can feel my terrible pain.
)

For that, it'd have to be announced first. :( Maybe as a late-gen 3DS game.. hopefully..

Top Bottom