• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capybaragames president thinks FC3:Blood dragon Trailer is a ripoff.

todahawk

That's... yeah sorry but that's super different, after the first like 5 seconds (?)

you got me to watch your fucking awesome trailer though, so... congrats?

yeah, i'm trying but I really fail to see the connection... and the dude's 'extremely angry'?
I think he needs to lay off the coffee.

Why had nobody else even tried to be nostalgic for the 80s until super time force? It's a pretty amazing concept.

Also, what a great non-apology.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Don't see it at all.

Getting super angry about something most people won't noticed or flat out doesn't exist is a bit ridiculous.

Razlo

I think it's just a matter of both games having similar influences, so the trailers for both play to those influences.

Gorillaz

The first 20ish seconds does seem to be a copy but when it came to presenting the game they both went 2 diffrent directions

No, not agreeing at all with this, except for 80s commercials (which are only less than ten seconds in the Far Cry 3 trailer) they look totally different.

NewFresh

I did think that it reminded me of the Cappy cartoon; however, not really much similar with the two. The cuts at the beginning and the fact that it is a cartoon? This hardly seems like a total rip off, especially since they are 80's tropes.

I think he is just trying to promote his game (which no one has heard of)

Something about being under a rock.

Nymerio

They're idea wasn't that creative anyway. I expected Ubisoft to do something like that since I first saw the game.

Zia

Second bizarre meltdown from a Capy dev in the past couple of days. Another one flipped out over Bioshock Infinite.

I'm feeling really gross about petty divisions in the American scene right now. Between raging, substance-less anti-BioShock rants from industry folk on Twitter whose favorite games include Gears of War and Skyrim, the whole Adam Orth situation that didn't reflect well on anyone, the discontent some people on this forum will feel until they're actually able to bathe in the blood of Arthur Gies, EA trying its hardest to shit in the mouth of anyone that'll comply... it's icky. I don't know if it's the uncertainty of the generational shift, or what. Things feel really bad right now.

LiK

he has written a bit more..

8c3my3t.jpg

Glad you posted that.

While I sort of agree with the notion that the trailers are quite similar, it's kind of a mute point considering the art/style in their trailer is pretty similar to Pendleton Ward's trademark art/style (Adventure Time, Bravest Warriors).

And Ren & Stimpy, blatantly.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
There's similarities due to the content being culled but that's about it. Each can have their distinct love letter to the 80's. It's definitely reaching.

I don't think we need to get too snarky about it here though. He mad and that's it.

No respect lost other than just not simply agreeing with him.

Mr. F

Banned
I'm feeling really gross about petty divisions in the American scene right now. Between raging, substance-less anti-BioShock rants from industry folk on Twitter whose favorite games include Gears of War and Skyrim, the whole Adam Orth situation that didn't reflect well on anyone, the discontent some people on this forum will feel until they're actually able to bathe in the blood of Arthur Gies, EA trying its hardest to shit in the mouth of anyone that'll comply... it's icky. I don't know if it's the uncertainty of the generational shift, or what. Things feel really bad right now.

Capy's Canadian. But yeah the Bioshock bandwagoning was particularly lazy. Claiming the game was everything that's wrong with the industry, and then referring people to other articles rather than forming an argument himself.

Replicant

I kind of get it. The concept seems similar? Soldiers against crazy-ass enemies.

But the thing is such concept has been used on many old games as well like Contra. More importantly, the presentation is different. His game seems to be platformer while Blood Dragon is FPS with cheesy 80s homage.

Zia

Capy's Canadian. But yeah the Bioshock bandwagoning was particularly lazy. Claiming the game was everything that's wrong with the industry, and then referring people to other articles rather than forming an argument himself.

Sorry. North American. ; )

But yeah, I agree.

Liamario

Banned
He's is talking shit. The only similarities are the ones you're trying to find (but really aren't there). Also, blood dragon trailer is far better.

P.S. They should make a full on Blood Dragon game.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Somebody link this guy to an episode of Regular Show, let's see if his head explodes.

FStop7

Banned
yeah that's the one, last time I checked he was showcasing the same level of critical prowess as your average Gametrailers poster

Yeah, in of itself his complaints were bizarre... but it seemed worth mentioning because Ron Gilbert and Notch were getting involved. Notch appeared to be challenging his statements, and Gilbert seemed to be tacitly agreeing with him.

This is looney. Almost like a Napolean complex over FarCry getting more attention.

Capy invented the 80s Saturday morning TV format, apparently.

Yeah, in of itself his complaints were bizarre... but it seemed worth mentioning because Ron Gilbert and Notch were getting involved. Notch appeared to be challenging his statements, and Gilbert seemed to be tacitly agreeing with him.

Notch talks to a lot of people. Personally, I think he was wasting his time. I dunno who that guy was, but yeah.

Capy, man. I love you guys. But sort it out.

Jackl

Dear corporate executives, when you feel the need to tweet something regarding operation or production matter involving an outside party:

Don't.

Thanks,

The Legal Team

kswiston

Yeah but the dude is clueless. Still hurt & upset?
He seriously has his priorities mixed up and spending his energy elsewhere would be more beneficial.

Humans are not rational 100% of the time. I am positive everyone here has been irrationally upset over something at some point in life. Thankfully, must of us don't vent our frustration on twitter or other public forums (or at least aren't known well enough for that to matter).

Squire

Banned
If anything, STF is ripping off the art and semi-surrealism of Adventure Time.

The Blood Dragon comparison is straight up bullshit.

Top Bottom