• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Casper (Mattress Company) Sues Review Sites, Then Buys One To Get Positive Coverage

We took a vacation, and at the rental property the bed we slept in was the best sleep we ever got. That was a Sleep Innovations foam, and I ordered one as soon as we got home. That was $600 and four years ago, and I consider it one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Fuck spending $8k on a damn mattress, I don't see any reviews fellating the owners.

Yuck at that Casper review shit. I think I remembered hearing about some of that drama in the Gaf Casper/Foam Mattress thread and turned me away from choosing them (that and they seemed a bit on the stiffer side in the comparison sites I looked at).

I think my girlfriend went with a Brooklyn mattress, a gaffer in the foam mattress thread had some great impressions of it and it was one of the softer ones you could get. The return policy was too good not to at least try the mattress for a month or two (I think it had a 100 day free return policy).

It was still a bit stiff for my liking, but paired with an additional mattress pad it's great, especially for the price.

We had a shitty bedframe for a while where the mattress drooped where slats were missing and that sucked, but once we got a more supportive frame it was great again.
"I wasn't really satisfied by my Chevy Cavalier."

"Just buy a BMW."

;)
Haha, exactly. Mattresses are something that varies drastically from person to person, more than most things, so much so that just saying "these all suck! This one is better!" is completely useless.
The position you sleep, the injuries you've had, medical stuff you might have, your age, if you're sleeping with another person, the sheets you use, the pillows you use, the bedframe you use, etc.

For us, a $4000-5000 dollar mattress is completely overkill, but I'm sure for some people it's necessary for a good nights sleep.

neshcom

Banned
If anyone is interested in these sorts of stories, the Netflix doc Nobody Speak has three more tales of news outlets being bought and shuttered or controlled by hyper-rich parties.

ultron87

My Leesa seems fine. It's a thing I can sleep on comfortably.

The most exciting part was the cutting it out of the package and it expanding at an alarming pace.

RetroDLC

Foundations of Burden
I bought a Casper mattress after it advertised on my favourite podcast by sending one of the hosts a mattress to test before they could accept their sponsorship. It's a damn good mattress, my back stresses were gone within a week. Casper buying a review site is stupid though.

aparisi2274

Their mattresses are absolute trash for anyone wondering.

I’ve been sleeping on a casper for over 2yrs now and your statement couldn’t be further from the truth!

I have been consistently getting the best nights sleep on this mattress since the first time I slept on it 2yrs ago, and I absolutely hate memory foam mattresses.

Top Bottom