• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chelsea fans prevent black man boarding Paris metro train

Status
Not open for further replies.
every club has its share of tosser fans (especially the manchester sides)

unlike seria a the brits don't throw banana peels onto the pitch midgame

name and shame these wankers and ban them from stamford bridge i say

sam777

every club has its share of tosser fans (especially the manchester sides)

unlike seria a the brits don't throw banana peels onto the pitch midgame

name and shame these bellends and ban them from stamford bridge i say

How did you get to this from that video?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Would've punched him straight in the face and/or pulled him out of the train. Fuck that noise. If I can't get on then neither can they. Internet detectives hopefully will reveal the identity of these losers so that they'll lose whatever dead end job they have. That kinda shit legitimately is infuriating.

Black History Month marches on I see.

What?

I think this is the actual, factual, literal meaning of racism.

Exactly, this guys are actual racists and proud of it. The word racist has being thrown so casually that being call one doesn't even affect those nutjobs. Like we need a stronger word, for the severe cases or something.

Wasn't trying to make that sound like the worst part. Made another post saying it was another aspect that bothered me, not that the racism wasn't the worst part.

I know but that part in particular gets me. Like you come to another person's country and won't let them get on their train...the fuck.

Eyeron

Fuck those guys.

I'm white and would happily wait for the next train if the current one was crammed full of drooling, presumably drunk hooligans. Poor guy had to deal with their racist horseshit and could have been late for work or an appointment as a result.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a racist, but these guys are.

Was about to post a thread about this and I'm a Chelsea fan since the 90s. I'm of Turkish background, but we're a minority that is seen as "white" compared to others so that probably explains why I haven't ever experienced racism myself in this country. However I can tell you that anti-semitic chanting is still regularly heard at the Bridge.

aka The Good Ones™

Chelsea's best players at the moment are mostly White. Let's not start peddling falsehoods for the sake of positive discrimination.

Well I guess that's what happens when people cry racist about every little thing, now the word lost all meaning. People shouldn't be proud of be racist, SMH.

Elementary, my dear Watson!

And ugh, ignorant and hateful and embarrassing behaviours. I hope the video gets more exposure and their work-mates and friends see it. Not advocating for vigilante justice, just maybe if someone they know in real say something to them when they are sober, there might be some hope for "wtf were you doing" teachable moment.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I know but that part in particular gets me. Like you come to another person's country and won't let them get on their train...the fuck.

Oh okay, sorry. Reading over my post it made it sound like that was the worst part of the situation but yeah I feel the same as you do haha.

MUnited83

For you.
I swear like half of the claques (organized group of supporters of a certain team) are just a front for far-right extremist groups.

Good, because the rest of the world didn't already have enough reasons to hate Chelsea and their fans.

On the other hand... John Terry.

Chief Magistrate Howard Riddle concluded that while there was not doubt that John Terry had uttered the words "fucking black cunt" at Anton Ferdinand, it is possible that this was not intended as an insult but as a challenge to what he believed had been said to him.[1]

wut?

Video footage circulated on the internet led to accusations that Terry called Ferdinand a "fucking black cunt". In response to the video footage, Terry claimed that he was actually asking Ferdinand, "Oi, Anton, do you think I called you a black cunt?"[

So he lies about what he said then the judge excuses it as not an insult?x

FuturusX

Exactly, this guys are actual racists and proud of it. The word racist has being thrown so casually that being call one doesn't even affect those nutjobs. Like we need a stronger word, for the severe cases or something.

With the upmost respect. A stronger word does little to change the reality of the situation. These men are the tip of the giant iceberg of inequality, injustice and institutional racism.

What ever we call these fools doesn't change the inherent institutional racism and inequality that runs rampant through our organizations and that embeds itself into our cultures.

We need real conversations and real change and a move to focus not just on the yobs on a train but those with real power.

/rant

4fjc4ab.jpg

.....................But not in our train

Frog-fu

Banned
So you're saying these people have at least eight black friends?

I think his point is that these fans are just that much more ridiculous because they're racist scumbags that support a team with a diverse roster that includes a number of prominent black players.

Daemul

Was about to post a thread about this and I'm a Chelsea fan since the 90s. I'm of Turkish background, but we're a minority that is seen as "white" compared to others so that probably explains why I haven't ever experienced racism myself in this country. However I can tell you that anti-semitic chanting is still regularly heard at the Bridge.

Chelsea's best players at the moment are mostly White. Let's not start peddling falsehoods for the sake of positive discrimination.

No surprise when Spurs are one of your rivals, football fans have a really bad tendency to go to extremes in order to wind up rival supporters. People who watch football on TV, where the crowd chants are usually muted, have no idea of the kind of stuff that gets sung at games. Most of it is harmless banter, but there's some real nasty stuff sung sometimes.

John Terry argued that he said "Do you think I called you a fucking black cunt?" after what he deemed to be a misunderstanding by Ferdinand.

Which the judge seems to have dismissed. He said there was no doubt what he said.

No surprise when Spurs are one of your rivals. People who watch football on TV, where the crowd chants are usually muted, have no idea of the kind of stuff that gets sung at games. Most of it is harmless banter, but there's some real nasty stuff sung sometimes.

?

I think the point is that these fans are just that much more ridiculous considering they're racist scumbags that supports a team with a very diverse roster that includes a number of prominent black players.

Not to mention only 2 of the White players are English.

No surprise when Spurs are one of your rivals. People who watch football on TV, where the crowd chants are usually muted, have no idea of the kind of stuff that gets sung at games. Most of it is harmless banter, but there's some real nasty stuff sung sometimes.

Absolutely. I admit that in my teens and even pre-teens I would sing that disgusting lyric. Towards my late teens and now in my 20s I find myself being silent and cringing inside whenever the anti-semitic words or chants happen.

It's not.

But I wonder if these people recognise the dissonance.

And Balo is sucking a bit these days. But I believe in him.

Nothing new under the sun. Sports fans have almost always been able to disassociate how they feel about real people from how they feel about the composition of their sports teams.

is mourinho white?

It depends really. To most racist English people an immigrant of his skin colour and appearance wouldn't be considered white.

But obviously insofar as Portuguese people are European Christians, which is what the racial term White usually means regardless of skin tone/face shape (which for some Portuguese and Southern Europeans can border on Middle Eastern/North African looking) then yes he is white.

Are we sure this is racially motivated? Maybe they are just angry?

Maybe. Could just be that those men sung those words to upset that man and they dont really have anything against black people, they were just being obnoxious and wouldve said something insulting to anyone trying to get on the train. This couldve happened to anyone. For all we know, they blocked a white guy from getting on the train too and called him a cunt. Why does it have to be a race issue?
Like, when someone says a racial or homophobic slur (like nigger, chink or faggot), it doesnt necessarily make them racist or homophobic per se, they could just be wanting to insult the person they are directing the slur at.

derp, derp

Chelsea fans are the worst of the worst (a selection of them anyway). Can't stand them.

You can find videos of fans from a variety of clubs engaging in this behaviour. Please stop with the generalising. You're just bringing your football bias against Chelsea into how you view the fanbase.

jts

...hate me...
Nothing new under the sun. Sports fans have almost always been able to disassociate how they feel about real people from how they feel about the composition of their sports teams.
It's the racism by choice that people practice these days.

It comes down to the fact that most recognise no difference between races but still choose to be racist. Because they need to hate. Because they need to fit in with like minded folks. So they keep spreading ignorance. But when it's to their convenience they flip off the switch. People with no morals and no integrity even to the ideals that they try to sell themselves.

It's abhorrent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom