• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Chelsea fans prevent black man boarding Paris metro train

Status
Not open for further replies.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Well I guess that's what happens when people cry racist about every little thing, now the word lost all meaning. People shouldn't be proud of be racist, SMH.
Oh my god this post is AMAZING.

And by amazing I mean WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU

leadbelly

Banned
Oh, I thought the poster was justifying the behavior.

I don't think it is so much justifying the behaviour as it is understanding football culture. I'm not sure how many even give a shit about the Jewish ethnicity of some of their fans. It is targeted abuse of a rival football team.

Lakitu

st5fu
You can find videos of fans from a variety of clubs engaging in this behaviour. Please stop with the generalising. You're just bringing your football bias against Chelsea into how you view the fanbase.

How am I generalising? I said it's a selection of them. I stand by my comment. Deal with it.

Well I guess that's what happens when people cry racist about every little thing, now the word lost all meaning. People shouldn't be proud of be racist, SMH.

There are "wow" posts, then there are "holy shit are you serious?" posts, then there are "you're remedial as fuck" posts, then there's your post.

Oriel

They're not called the Rangers of the South for nothing.

every club has its share of tosser fans (especially the manchester sides)

unlike seria a the brits don't throw banana peels onto the pitch midgame

name and shame these wankers and ban them from stamford bridge i say

Chelsea fans, like Millwall's lot, are renowned for being racist, bigoted tossers.

theepan

Banned
Originally Posted by Stereogatari

You can find videos of fans from a variety of clubs engaging in this behaviour. Please stop with the generalising. You're just bringing your football bias against Chelsea into how you view the fanbase.

i never really got so into sports. was a little too testosteroney for me . this is kind of behaviour is news to me . quite disheartening if true.

Beefy

They are "good ones". If they leave the team, though.....

So why are british people so racist?

So a group of Chelsea fans is the whole of the UK now? Some of the posts on this thread a crazy.

It is disgusting what these group of people did.

Amir0x

Banned
Gross. Still always surprises me (despite it being the least surprising thing in the world) to see people so scared of what's inside themselves that they externalize that by lashing out at people and cultures they don't understand or care to.

Africanus

While I sit here contemplating the events I just observed, the first notion that formed in my head was the following: "At least they're honest."
If this event were to happen in perhaps the United States, I can assure you the intent would be the same, the action of blocking an innocent black man in his own city would occur. The only difference would be a lack of open cheers regarding their racism.
As such, the thread in this alternate situation would be brimmed with certain people stating whether this event was really racist or whether it was but the drunken actions of rebellious youth.
It is quite disgusting that these youths would be so bold as to act that rambunctiously in public. And yet, all the same, the honesty frees this event of any second guessing.

I hope the man receives some sort of compensation for remaining level-headed in the face of such ignorance. The fact that none of those train workers or bystanders intervened is saddenning.

Beefy

While I sit here contemplating the events I just observed, the first notion that formed in my head was the following: "At least they're honest."
If this event were to happen in perhaps the United States, I can assure you the intent would be the same, the action of blocking an innocent black man in his own city would occur. The only difference would be a lack of open cheers regarding their racism.
As such, the thread in this alternate situation would be brimmed with certain people stating whether this event was really racist or whether it was but the drunken actions of rebellious youth.
It is quite disgusting that these youths would be so bold as to act that rambunctiously in public. And yet, all the same, the honesty frees this event of any second guessing.

I hope the man receives some sort of compensation for remaining level-headed in the face of such ignorance. The fact that none of those train workers or bystanders intervened is saddenning.

Way it is these days. People are worried if they step in and help they will either end up getting kicked in or worse.

So a group of Chelsea fans is the whole of the UK now? Some of the posts on this thread a crazy.

It is disgusting what these group of people did.

If this happened in the UK they would definitely be charged. As it happened in France I don't think the UK police can get involved, although perhaps the club will.

xbhaskarx

Chief Magistrate Howard Riddle concluded that while there was not doubt that John Terry had uttered the words "fucking black cunt" at Anton Ferdinand, it is possible that this was not intended as an insult but as a challenge to what he believed had been said to him.[1]
wut?
Video footage circulated on the internet led to accusations that Terry called Ferdinand a "fucking black cunt". In response to the video footage, Terry claimed that he was actually asking Ferdinand, "Oi, Anton, do you think I called you a black cunt?"
So he lies about what he said then the judge excuses it as not an insult?x

And some people actually believe that nonsense...

John Terry argued that he said "Do you think I called you a fucking black cunt?" after what he deemed to be a misunderstanding by Ferdinand.

But to be fair John Terry has a stellar reputation aside from that one incident...

It didn't take twitter long to identify one of them on the train he claims they were singing "I love John Terry. Even though he's a racist a racist a racist" https://twitter.com/CFCMccoy

Interesting parallel between this explanation and Terry's...

tchocky

If this happened in the UK they would definitely be charged. As it happened in France I don't think the UK police can get involved, although perhaps the club will.

It has already been mentioned on the guardian website and I expect more tomorrow, so the club will probably try to identify as many as possible and ban them for life.

Beefy

Gross. Still always surprises me (despite it being the least surprising thing in the world) to see people so scared of what's inside themselves that they externalize that by lashing out at people and cultures they don't understand or care to.

It isn't even that tho. People like this do this crap because they want to be part of the gang and act 'hard'. I bet a few of them even have black mates (well I hope they don't after this).

Beefy

Hopefully, people like this don't deserve to be able to go watch their footy team if they act like this.

Hope the British press have a field day with this.

Vast majority of football fans (those watching, those attending, those travelling) are decent folk.

Edit: Might actually result in more exposure because of recent events in Paris and the focus on race relations. Does NOT look good and the media will jump on it (rightfully so).

I really hope this young man has an employer or headmaster that has somehow managed to stumble across the video. Though I have to admit I wish more racists would be as open and as proud of their warped views as these knuckle draggers instead of hiding in plain sight amongst the civil human beings like the cowards they are, after all you need to be true to yourself....and also so that the rest of us can call them out on their bullshit views and ostracise them from normal everyday civil life If they refuse to come to terms and see the utter stupidity in racism.

Damerman

Drogba won you your only champions league trophy and this is how you act?

Lol.

I would have pulled out one of the fuckers to miss the train with me and pulled him to grab the next train with me again.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member

because many british people read the sun etc and believe foreigners etc are taking all the jobs and shit. when in fact most of them are lazy bums and pure scummy people and always trying to pass the buck and tabloids like the sun are not exactly stopping racism by saying shit like that.

Oriel

There are new laws in place in Britain where fans can have their passports seized and barred from attending overseas games if they are found engaged in riotous or anti social behaviour.

You would be surprised to learn racism is much more prevalent in the leagues down south, than England. Not trying to excuse this, zero tolerance should certainly be had against it. But it's hardly a problem unique to England, Chelsea or any other.

Chichikov

every club has its share of tosser fans (especially the manchester sides)

unlike seria a the brits don't throw banana peels onto the pitch midgame

name and shame these wankers and ban them from stamford bridge i say
HYDTUmE.jpg

Also, when your argument is "well, there are more racist people than us" you already lost.

FWIW Lazio's fans are probably the most racist I've ever seen in western europe, but that's not really related to this thread.

TheXbox

Isn't hate speech illegal in France? I'd say they should just be put in jail, but surely they're out of the country by now.

Pretty sure they will be banned from football stadiums if the police can identify them, even if did take place in Paris.

Hardcore Soccer fans are the worst. Nothing good ever comes from them.

And in southamerica it's some kind of drug, people care more about this shit than important changes to working laws and rights...

Shit like this enrages me. But I'm supposed to remain nice and civil and polite in a world that hates me and anyone that has skin color similar to me.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
I for one am ashamed of these fellow Blues. These ignorant dickheads don't deserve the team they support

glad to see they already took action against these berks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom