• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Classic Star Wars games that still hold up today.

dogb1

Neo Member
I'm relegating a message from a friend of mine:

You see, I run a clan in the classic SW game called Jedi Academy. The game was released in 2003 and my clan started in 2006. We are doing great as a community with daily activity and it has somewhat turned into a family where we talk about anything and everything.à
The game offers a lightsaber combat system that requires true skill to perform well in. If you get the game and step into our server, I will be more than glad to demonstrate just how skillful one can be. We also assign masters that teach the newcomers the basics of the game and teachers who go more in depth in terms of dueling styles.

But as with any old game, GOOD members are hard to come by. This is why I feel it would be of great help to get the word out about us and to let any Star Wars fan who never experienced the beauty that is Jedi Academy to give it a shot. And if you played it before and ever was in a clan: I am sure you miss those days. We welcome you regardless. The game thrives due to how awesome you can mod stuff as well. We're talking skins, maps, mods that change gameplay vastly, guns, flight, racing and more.

Heres a few screens of some fun on the server:
shot0443.jpg

shot0342.jpg

2ptr.jpg

shot0379.jpg

Commenton2_zps0465adc2.jpg

jamp2009-10-3021-59-17-20.jpg

jamp2009-10-3022-10-34-99.jpg

6fe6b6d8-9196-4e52-976c-0f9c0c1f27f6_zps18cbec4c.png

2t9QBM5.jpg

jamp%2B2014-10-12%2B15-59-06-87.bmp

zl8w.jpg

590CmNs.jpg

The clan is called Jedi of Freedom and the main forums can be found here:
www.z11.invisionfree.com/jofclan

It's not the best game but this one was one of the first I got for my GameCube and I played it quite a lot.

Star%20Wars%20The%20Clone%20Wars.jpg

It's funny, I never see anyone talk about that game, but whenever I bring it up around people it turns out they played it and have the same opinion: It's not a great game per se, but for whatever reason it was still fun as crap haha. Played the shit out of it through rentals, don't know why I never just bought it. The multiplayer was a blast too. Really liked the survival mode it had.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Do the SNES games hold up? Eyeing them on the Virtual Console but idk if I should get them.

No.

Tho I did love 'em as a teen back in the day.

Btw, my picks go to Rogue Squadron II and III (flying missions only and to play coop of RSII), Star Wars Trilogy Arcade (SEGA), SW: Racer Arcade (Sega/AM2) and Atari's Star Wars/SWTESB played on the original cabinet. Still a blast.

jackal27

Banned
I haven't seen love for Star Wars Rebel Assault in this thread yet.

Which is probably for the better.

That would definitely fall under the ungraceful aging category, haha. I could barely play it the last time I tried, especially without a joystick.

It's funny, I never see anyone talk about that game, but whenever I bring it up around people it turns out they played it and have the same opinion: It's not a great game per se, but for whatever reason it was still fun as crap haha. Played the shit out of it through rentals, don't know why I never just bought it. The multiplayer was a blast too. Really liked the survival mode it had.

Completely agree. Uncle bought this game for us for Christmas by mistake and we really enjoyed it. Something about those tank controls just felt pretty good. I'm sure it's not the best game, but I remember having a lot of fun with it. I do remember the lightsaber sections being a pain though.

Top Bottom