• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't say the health claims had any credence. Just that the more serious symptoms are revealed, the more conspiracy theorists will use that as evidence of a bigger problem.

But why are you so concerned about fringe conspiracy theorists that no one takes seriously out side right-wing media to begin with?

The main issues here are two-fold: This is going to take her off the campaign trial at a crucial point for a period of time, and that this doesn't get better if a relatively quick amount of time it could have a real effect. But as it stands now, it doesn't really feed into the crazies theories that Clinton is some kind of dying Mr. Burns that's only being kept alive by some miracle.

Where does her recovery put her at in time for the first debate on the 26th?

A coffin.

Or, more seriously, we don't know. But I'd imagine doctors would have to physically restrain Clinton from attending the debate. She's probably been waiting for this moment for the last 8 years.

My mom seems convinced she has parkinsons. She watches a lot of conservative news so I'm sure she's just repeating what she heard on fox or her facebook friends that post conservative news.

giga

I had this two years ago. I tried to tough it out and go to work and I nearly fainted going down a staircase. This is totally legit what shes going through with her rigorous schedule.
How do we know you're not hiding some deeper more nefarious condition?

Alucrid

Banned
Who even is a doctor in this thread. Can't tell if Tarkus or Particle Physicist are

a5AcDnl.jpg

i am a doctor

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I have a theory.

I think the Trump campaign might go light on this because they don't want Trump's health being closely scrutinized. His medical letter is absolutely bizarre. Like a kid writing his own sick note in fifth grade to play hooky.

Makki

Like everything Hillary related, they wait until the hysteria has set in to actually come out with the truth. Maybe if shit didnt keep getting covered up constantly she wouldnt look untrustworthy over the most stupidest things.

JeTmAn81

RIP Senator Clinton

I feel uncomfortable with this being said even as a joke. I get an icy sense of dread at what would happen if she died before the election. Not just because of the prospect of President Trump, but the nation's reaction to Clinton being out of the race.

MIMIC

Banned
At least this will stop posters claiming 78 is a life threatening temperature. Cleary something else caused her issues. Glad they finally came foward with the real issue.

LOL, skimming the last thread, I found that entire conversation hilarious....and a little disturbing. Just took the official response and ran with it, no matter how little sense it made.

I feel uncomfortable with this being said even as a joke. I get an icy sense of dread at what would happen if she died before the election. Not just because of the prospect of President Trump, but the nation's reaction to Clinton being out of the race.

I mean, the glee in these threads about her actually being sick is bad enough.

Cyanity

Banned
But why are you so concerned about fringe conspiracy theorists that no one takes seriously out side right-wing media to begin with?

The main issues here are two-fold: This is going to take her off the campaign trial at a crucial point for a period of time, and that this doesn't get better if a relatively quick amount of time it could have a real effect. But as it stands now, it doesn't really feed into the crazies theories that Clinton is some kind of dying Mr. Burns that's only being kept alive by some miracle.

I wish these were fringe views. Hillary being mentally and physically unfit to run for the presidency is something many older boomers take to heart. It's turning into a generational circlejerk.

I wish these were fringe views. Hillary being mentally and physically unfit to run for the presidency is something many older boomers take to heart. It's turning into a generational circlejerk.

It's a fringe conspiracy that's only taken seriously by the far right. A lot of older boomers just happen to make up a lot of that base.

Cyanity

Banned
It's a fringe conspiracy that's only taken seriously by the far right. A lot of older boomers just happen to make up a lot of that base.

I hope against hope that you're right here. It'll be enlightening after some polling to see the actual percentages of republicans who actually think these conspiracies are true.

edit - Also, baby boomers are the second largest voting bloc, and vote in far greater numbers than the younger generation that only just passed them.

Gosh, you trooper. Just don't let your bedside manner or clinical skills slip.

It is very kind of you to assume I have either of those but there is pretty much no chance I will retain anything after 4+ years of mouse surgery. First clinical rotation is going to be a lot of fun...

There are some remedial things and a big bootcamp but I have quite a few years to worry about that.

The things I do to play around with brains.

If she had a much more serious condition, do you think her doctor would be allowed to admit it? At this point in the race?

So they go with something like pneumonia of all things instead of cold/flu/dehydration? If you're going to lie, that's a pretty unique lie to cover up something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom