• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blader

From my understanding, pneumonia is quite common. I'm definitely no doctor, though.

His point was, if Hillary's doctor was going to lie about her illness, something like cold or flu or simple dehydration is much less of a big deal to potentially worry people over than pneumonia.

mcfrank

I have a theory.

I think the Trump campaign might go light on this because they don't want Trump's health being closely scrutinized. His medical letter is absolutely bizarre. Like a kid writing his own sick note in fifth grade to play hooky.

The campaign will go easy, but as soon as trump is in front of a mic and goes off script it is coming up.

As long as she can recover quickly, honestly, this could be a win for her. If she could spin it as something like, 'I care so much about winning this election, and believe Trump is so unqualified to lead this country, I pushed myself too hard. That was something I shouldn't have done, but this election is too important, and defeating a candidate who has deployed such open racism and quoted fringe conspiracy theories as part of his platform is too important for me to have just stopped.'

That spin, legit, almost writes itself.

Blader

As long as she can recover quickly, honestly, this could be a win for her. If she could spin it as something like, 'I care so much about winning this election, and believe Trump is so unqualified to lead this country, I pushed myself too hard. That was something I shouldn't have done, but this election is too important, and defeating a candidate who has deployed such open racism and quoted fringe conspiracy theories as part of his platform is too important for me to have just stopped.'

That spin, legit, almost writes itself.

I was thinking more along the lines of the media, just like they did last year, having written their Clinton comeback narrative again: beset by weeks of negative coverage around faux-scandals and illness, Hillary surges back in October/November to clinch the election from Trump who really almost had it there for a second!

royalan

Like everything Hillary related, they wait until the hysteria has set in to actually come out with the truth. Maybe if shit didnt keep getting covered up constantly she wouldnt look untrustworthy over the most stupidest things.

This is insanity.

So now Hillary is "covering things up" because she didn't immediately give a press conference when being diagnosed with pneumonia, something that literally millions of Americans get each year?

There's wanting transparency, and then there's wanting access to Hillary's LiveJournal or something.

Meanwhile the ONLY thing we know about Trump's health is an LOL-worthy single page letter from I R SERIUS DOKTOR. But nobody seems to care about that.

Vire

This whole thing is such a clusterfuck, first it's nothing [redacted], then it's allergies [redacted], then it's pneumonia. Glad we got the story straight at least now right?

My absolute favorite thing though from this whole mess is the insane people on social media saying that the person coming out of Chelsea's apartment was a body double as she was much thinner.

Actual tweet I read..

mo60

I have a theory.

I think the Trump campaign might go light on this because they don't want Trump's health being closely scrutinized. His medical letter is absolutely bizarre. Like a kid writing his own sick note in fifth grade to play hooky.

If they are smart they would not touch this at all if they don't want to destroy any chance he has of winning this election because intentionally or unintentionally attacking someone's physical appearance or health can end up really bad sometimes(ex. chretein face ad in 1993 in the Canadian federal election) for the person who initiatied the attack .When it's the apporpriate time trump should just say something nice and kinda poliitcal about the situation that is non-offensive.

Cyanity

Banned
Watch Hillary do the stem cell and steroids treatment - hidden from the public's eye - until the debates when she stomps onto the stage, size of a cow, physically rips Trump's frail soggy Mcdonald's bag of a body in half,

then crushes a can on her forehead and stomps off into the sunset.

Blader

If she had pneumonia I don't think she would be going around making speeches..

Literally the whole point of walking pneumonia is that you carry on with your normal routine, feeling a little off but not really realizing you're sick.

This whole thing is such a clusterfuck, first it's nothing [redacted], then it's allergies [redacted], then it's pneumonia. Glad we got the story straight at least now right?

Cough-gate was due to allergies, faint-gate was due to pneumonia.

Diablos

My absolute favorite thing though from this whole mess is the insane people on social media saying that the person coming out of Chelsea's apartment was a body double as she was much thinner.

Actual tweet I read..
These people probably also thought the world would end in 2012 if Obama was re-elected

11 pages deep in the last thread, breaking news on every single network, along with an official statement with the Hillary camp, and you're still clinging onto "conflicting reports"

DON'T.

I had just woke up and was reading several different things on the matter, and at that point, it still didn't seem super clear what was happening. That post was made before the official statement from the campaign, and before her stumbling video was released (not to mention it was a simple question, not an assertion that there was actually conflicting claims). That's my excuse. What's your excuse for only reading half of the articles posted to debunk your claims, then trying to spin that in a way hat benefits you, even though anyone who can read just see you were misrepresenting what was being said, such as your clinging to claims that Clinton supporters started the birther movement, or your serious misreading and confusion about Clinton's foreign policy that was clarified to you multiple times but you still forged confusion as if unable to read basic material past the first paragraph. Yeah, let's DON'T.

Actual tweet I read..

Obviously Lizard People don't need body doubles because they can clone themselves. The problem is the more you clone the weaker they become. We are witnessing the end of the Clinton Strain.

nilbog21

Banned
If she had pneumonia I don't think she would b going around making speeches

I think she is experiencing severe exhaustion

UGA typically stands for University of Georgia. Those are both hospitals there.

uga first three letters in your name... yeah.

Oh please dont read into this username i made it a very long time ago and its bad but im too lazy to make a new account.

MIMIC

Banned
I had just woke up and was reading several different things on the matter, and at that point, it still didn't seem super clear what was happening. That post was made before the official statement from the campaign, and before her stumbling video was released (not to mention it was a simple question, not an assertion that there was actually conflicting claims). That's my excuse. What's your excuse for only reading half of the articles posted to debunk your claims, then trying to spin that in a way hat benefits you, even though anyone who can read just see you were misrepresenting what was being said, such as your clinging to claims that Clinton supporters started the birther movement, or your serious misreading and confusion about Clinton's foreign policy that was clarified to you multiple times but you still forged confusion as if unable to read basic material past the first paragraph. Yeah, let's DON'T.

Official campaign statement posted to GAF on page 8 and your post didn't come until page 11.

But OK.

Media

If she had pneumonia I don't think she would b going around making speeches

I think she is experiencing severe exhaustion

Why did you post this twice?

I've had pneumonia several times. The coughing fit she had during that speech reminds me of when I last had it at work and was talking to a customer. People can still pull 8 hour customer service shifts with pneumonia (I have lupus as well, so more point to her) so her doing a few speeches is not out of the question.

And she most assuredly has better medical care than me.

Literally the whole point of walking pneumonia is that you carry on with your normal routine, feeling a little off but not really realizing you're sick.

Cough-gate was due to allergies, faint-gate was due to pneumonia.

Haven't you heard? Apparently you can have only one thing wrong with you at a time, otherwise you're a liar or something about conspiracies, I don't know.

Official campaign statement posted to GAF on page 8 and your post didn't come until page 11.

But OK.

My mistake, I thought it hadn't come out, as I said in that very post, I had just woke up and was reading several different things (and again, I was asking a question due to those reports, not making a claim). But whatever makes you feel better not addressing anything else in that post that proves you're a giant joke.

Diablos

Why did you post this twice?

I've had pneumonia several times. The coughing fit she had during that speech reminds me of when I last had it at work and was talking to a customer. People can still pull 8 hour customer service shifts with pneumonia (I have lupus as well, so more point to her) so her doing a few speeches is not out of the question.

And she most assuredly has better medical care than me.
Since we're Americans and we all kind of have to bend over and take it when we get sick at some point, I had a HORRIBLE flu back in 2010. At least I think it was a flu as I was in a "I don't wanna see a doctor" phase for some reason. I was so sick that I only had enough energy to basically wake up, barely eat (but not really), shower, walk like a zombie to my car, somehow be able to drive decently and put in my time at work. My voice got weak and was like two octaves deeper and I had no strength. I always felt like I just finished way too much cardio. If I had a normal 9-5 job I probably would have been fired due to call offs especially since I was still in my first 90 days.

I had to work late (the recession sucked) so that may have been my saving grace; I was able to sleep for 12-13 hours a day to have just enough strength to function for my tedious desk job. I hope I never get that sick again, but it's inevitable. When you finally feel better it's like you're reborn...

Varna

This is pretty terrifying. Trump has amassed a ridiculous following with nothing but bullshit. Now he stumbles into something that has the slightest ring of truth...

This is pretty terrifying. Trump has amassed a ridiculous following with nothing but bullshit. Now he stumbles into something that has the slightest ring of truth...

It'll only be terrifying if this condition persists. If she's out and about within minimal time, it'll just more conspiracy theory nonsense on a pile of conspiracy theory nonsense.

Donthizz#

This is frustrating. I hope Obama steps in and put the people who ran his second campaign in charge. her team should have taken care of this long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom