• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Clinton has pneumonia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Working in a school, I can say that Americans are indoctrinated into this system at an early age. Perfect attendance awards are lauded as much as straight A's. Sad really.

It's not helped that school funding is partly determined by attendance (at least in FL).

It's not helped that school funding is partly determined by attendance (at least in FL).
Very true. It's a frustrating system. In the past week, I've worked with students who show up sick and are sent home in the first hour of classes. I was sick yesterday (all weekend actually) thanks to the system of "you're not that sick, keep working."

Late, but did you know the culture in America actually looks down on people for staying home when they are sick? If you can't 'push through it' your a whimp looking to fake sick for a day off. I'm completely serious.

It doesn't matter that she's not effected by pay and such. It's such an ingrained part of our culture that even rich people tend to not use their vacation days because it's frowned upon.
Yup. Microbes are tiny and getting affected by tiny things is embarrassing. Unless you get visible bodily harm (something clearly needing surgery), no one gives a shit.

Unless they think you can give it to them, like HIV.

Hilary Clinton worked so hard through sickness that she collapsed. In America that's called being a hero.

But then again she actually went to the doctor so she loses brownie points.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
I never saw people so afraid of being sick like in USA... Oh you sneezed? Get awwwaaaaaayyyy!!!

If that were true then why would we be expected to work while sick unlike other more "developed" western nations that offer generous sick leave?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So, like, I've been wondering all day, why is it a big deal?

Honestly, it's not that big a deal. Hell if they play their cards right it could generate some good publicity, "Hard Working Hillary" Doesn't even let pneumonia stop her from campaigning.

This elderly woman has pneumonia, a serious health condition for anyone.
Here's a white supremacist now!

Pneumonia is an acute condition, not a chronic one. Once it clears up she'll be just as healthy as anyone.
Calling people white supremacists for no reason is incredibly rude and just dumb.
Yeah, but calling them white supremacists for trying to get a white supremacist elected is on point.
How is what i said (a fact) in anyway trying to get Trump elected? Or even hinting at any level of white supremacy?

Sit down, I think you are overheating.
I didn't have time to comment on this before and I swear i'm not trying to backseat mod (i just want to know WHY) but how in the world is this behavior acceptable by Pigeon? I get that he's a prominent member of poligaf and you guys most likely have a chat room and laugh at 'LOL pigeon at it again, good ol pigeon!' but his posts like Makai said are incredibly rude. Calling Clockwork5 a white supremacist from this post???
This elderly woman has pneumonia, a serious health condition for anyone.
Why is he allowed to do this?

I understand he's maybe not serious all the time but that's an awful thing to say to someone.

*** Note: Please don't make this about me... Yes I support Donald. It's about this exchange with Clockwork5.

I didn't have time to comment on this before and I swear i'm not trying to backseat mod (i just want to know WHY) but how in the world is this behavior acceptable by Pigeon? I get that he's a prominent member of poligaf and you guys most likely have a chat room and laugh at 'LOL pigeon at it again, good ol pigeon!' but his posts like Makai said are incredibly rude. Calling Clockwork5 a white supremacist from this post???

I understand he's maybe not serious all the time but that's an awful thing to say to someone.

*** Note: Please don't make this about me... Yes I support Donald. It's about this exchange with Clockwork5.

lol good luck.

I regularly call Donald Trump a big orange Nazi, but the time I was mildly sarcastic about Clinton fans I got banned. Talk about purity tests.

Guevara

Posted yet?

EVEN CLINTON’S ALLIES ARE HYSTERICAL OVER HER HEALTH
Democrats are worried that Hillary’s furtiveness has made her pneumonia scandal worse.
On the left, the reaction from Clinton’s allies, outraged by the optics of a cover-up, was nearly as savage. “Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia,” David Axelrod, Barack Obama’s former campaign manager, tweeted Monday morning. “What’s the cure for an unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems?”

What irked many of Clinton’s supporters was not that she had pneumonia, or what message that might send, but that she went to such great lengths to disguise something so commonplace. Instead of disclosing that she had started antibiotic treatment Friday, the Democratic nominee’s team kept her illness a secret to avoid fueling conservative speculation over the state of her lungs—making the incident appear much more sinister. “Why couldn't the campaign just have been above board about this?” one ally told The Hill. “She got sick—tell people she’s sick and move on. I know they thought it would give the right wingers something to pounce on but who cares?”

Instead of controlling the narrative, the Clinton camp is now dealing with panicked allies like former Democratic National Committee chairman Dan Fowler calling on “all good political leaders” to create an emergency contingency plan if Clinton drops out. What once could have been spun as Hillary bravely sticking out a 90-minute 9/11 memorial service despite being sick, has since become an bipartisan opportunity for hysterics.

The lack of transparency only served to reinforce a common perception of Hillary Clinton, and the Clintons in general, as being less than honest with the media.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/clinton-pneumonia-scandal

You're more worried about some random Internet poster than the worse things your candidate has saidone about nearly every minority?

Funny how insults are only unacceptable when you're not running to be the leader of the free world

Hip Hop

lol good luck.

I regularly call Donald Trump a big orange Nazi, but the time I was mildly sarcastic about Clinton fans I got banned. Talk about purity tests.

Pretty much, extremists like pigeon won't get banned around here.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Let's be real though: Trump has been actively courting white supremacists since day 1. Hell he opened his campaign with an incredible piece of racism and all his major policy speeches have been reminiscent of early Hitler. At this point, if you're voting for him you are, at the very least, not bothered by his racism or active courting of neo-nazis.

DedValve

Banned
lol good luck.

You should probably quote the posts in question that did and didn't get you banned before you try to pass on any assumptions of this site.

Context man.

Pastry

Banned
I saw something yesterday about independents that were asked seemed to be sympathetic towards Clinton regarding the pneumonia issue. Does anyone know where that was?

Pepboy

lol good luck.

Yeah Neogaf for the past 5 years or so has been like this. E.g. They gave the RNC OP to Hillary supporters. I'd rather Hillary win than Trump but its an echo chamber politically here primarily to imbalanced moderation. Its often defended as "not every issue has two sides" when they feel particularly proud that their opinions are worth more than others. Even in this thread, we had mods posting warnings about "concern trolling". As if one person cannot decide on their own whether or not Hillary's pnuemonia is concerning or relevant to their vote. As an egalitarian and Libertarian, it can be tough to stomach but Gaming side makes up for the heavy handed approach of OffTopic.

There's a reason GAF was fifth biggest referrer to hillaryclibton.com

tfur

Ignore the people who are out of touch with reality. Everything that a person disagrees with is now "alt-right" or the new "deplorable." People follow and take talking points like cough drops.

Posted yet?

EVEN CLINTON’S ALLIES ARE HYSTERICAL OVER HER HEALTH
Democrats are worried that Hillary’s furtiveness has made her pneumonia scandal worse.
On the left, the reaction from Clinton’s allies, outraged by the optics of a cover-up, was nearly as savage. “Antibiotics can take care of pneumonia,” David Axelrod, Barack Obama’s former campaign manager, tweeted Monday morning. “What’s the cure for an unhealthy penchant for privacy that repeatedly creates unnecessary problems?”

What irked many of Clinton’s supporters was not that she had pneumonia, or what message that might send, but that she went to such great lengths to disguise something so commonplace. Instead of disclosing that she had started antibiotic treatment Friday, the Democratic nominee’s team kept her illness a secret to avoid fueling conservative speculation over the state of her lungs—making the incident appear much more sinister. “Why couldn't the campaign just have been above board about this?” one ally told The Hill. “She got sick—tell people she’s sick and move on. I know they thought it would give the right wingers something to pounce on but who cares?”

Instead of controlling the narrative, the Clinton camp is now dealing with panicked allies like former Democratic National Committee chairman Dan Fowler calling on “all good political leaders” to create an emergency contingency plan if Clinton drops out. What once could have been spun as Hillary bravely sticking out a 90-minute 9/11 memorial service despite being sick, has since become an bipartisan opportunity for hysterics.

The lack of transparency only served to reinforce a common perception of Hillary Clinton, and the Clintons in general, as being less than honest with the media.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/09/clinton-pneumonia-scandal

OMG, Dan Fowler the former DNC Chairman is an "alt-right" white supremacist conspiracy theorist now! /s

Joni

Bennet Omalu thinks Hillary might have been poisoned by a certain Russian politician that certainly would never do so.

Rikudo

Banned

You're a fucking Trump supporter. Supporting him, means supporting white supremacist elements. Holyfuck dude.

Blader

Yeah Neogaf for the past 5 years or so has been like this. E.g. They gave the RNC OP to Hillary supporters. I'd rather Hillary win than Trump but its an echo chamber politically here primarily to imbalanced moderation. Its often defended as "not every issue has two sides" when they feel particularly proud that their opinions are worth more than others. Even in this thread, we had mods posting warnings about "concern trolling". As if one person cannot decide on their own whether or not Hillary's pnuemonia is concerning or relevant to their vote. As an egalitarian and Libertarian, it can be tough to stomach but Gaming side makes up for the heavy handed approach of OffTopic.

There's a reason GAF was fifth biggest referrer to hillaryclibton.com

I think that's because PoliGAF posters regularly cite Hillary's website in explaining or sharing her stated policy positions. That's how referral traffic works.

Ignore the people who are out of touch with reality. Everything that a person disagrees with is now "alt-right" or the new "deplorable." People follow and take talking points like cough drops.

No, I think that's just the alt-right crowd who peddle bigoted rhetoric. Your post is just as disingenuous as the people you're trying to claim are disingenuous.

The Camel

Banned
H. Clinton potentially have Parkinson's.

Edit: I only stated this because it is being discussed in other places on the web and media and was curious on opinions. Its not to stir negatively, but to be open minded with other perspectives and debate about..

No, she does not have Parkinson's disease. Just stop now before you embarrass yourself like Rigby who was banned only a few pages back.

The best part of the PD conspiracy theory is people have a default assumption that they need to preface this with concern trolling about "you can't diagnose someone from a distance, but..." - that actually does *not* apply in this case. You can actually assess Parkinson's disease, or at least Parkinonism, with a video recording quite easily. She doesn't have it, period.

Hip Hop

Just stop now before you embarrass yourself like Rigby who was banned only a few pages back.

image.php

Betty

Banned
Playing devils advocate here, even if she did have parkinsons, you think she or her doctor would tell us?

I mean we probably would never have heard about the Pneumonia thing if that video of her fainting hadn't been taken.

Pepboy

I think that's because PoliGAF posters regularly cite Hillary's website in explaining or sharing her stated policy positions. That's how referral traffic works.

I think you missed my point. In order for PoliGAF to be generating so much traffic, they have a lot of people posting and clicking on said links. One might ask, "Oh okay, so Donald is also got something like 40% or so in the polls, so probably a lot of people linking to Donald's site too? Maybe NeoGAF is 5th referrer there too?" Nope. I get that younger people tend to support Clinton and also spend more time on online Forums, so maybe it should be 7th or 9th biggest referrer? Nope. There's a reason the referral traffic is so lopsided.

tfur said:

Yep, pretty much. It's an effective narrative. I guess so is "Crooked ____" or "Lying ____". Both narratives are hard to disprove but are rather despised. I'm mostly curious to see if these roles stick around for multiple elections or if things get shaken up. In particular, I would be curious to see how Democrats would fight against a socially progressive but fiscally conservative party.

Kinyou

lol @ the idea of pigeon being an extremist. He's a technocrat. Sorry that Trump supporters get upset being called out for implicitly supporting white supremacy.
Is clockwork a trump supporter? Or does that just come from him saying that pneumonia is a serious condition?

Jacobi

Banned
Before this I didn't know about that American sickness culture. Only knew that Americans have very few sick days... Well anyway, sounds pretty dumb to me

Dalibor68

Banned
Around here if you aren't 100% on Hillary's side then you are a Trump supporter.

It's a common trend in OT unfortunately, from what I've noticed. Some users decide what is "the stance to have". Divert 1mm from that or question anything and you get piled on, your every word twisted and have some users trying to bait you into getting banned. Some of the worst group dynamics at play, it probably would be very interisting to someone studying human behaviour actually. And I'm not talking about obvious concern trolling but posts in the vain of the quoted "Pneumonia with elder people is very dangerous" making someone a Trump supporter.

I think you missed my point. In order for PoliGAF to be generating so much traffic, they have a lot of people posting and clicking on said links. One might ask, "Oh okay, so Donald is also got something like 40% or so in the polls, so probably a lot of people linking to Donald's site too? Maybe NeoGAF is 5th referrer there too?" Nope. I get that younger people tend to support Clinton and also spend more time on online Forums, so maybe it should be 7th or 9th biggest referrer? Nope. There's a reason the referral traffic is so lopsided.

And what would that reason be?

Blader

There is little to no value in using Trump's site as a source of policy discussion since it pales in comparison to Hillary's in depth or variety, and his policy positions seem to change every other week anyway.

I mean, I'm not arguing that GAF isn't more in favor of Hillary than Trump, and I don't think anyone would argue otherwise. But I don't know what you're trying to prove here other than PoliGAF regulars can pull more useful info from Hillary's site than from Trump's. Now, Trump's twitter handle on the other hand, gets a ton of play here, but I don't know what the hell those numbers would look like.

Yep, pretty much. It's an effective narrative. I guess so is "Crooked ____" or "Lying ____". Both narratives are hard to disprove but are rather despised. I'm mostly curious to see if these roles stick around for multiple elections or if things get shaken up. In particular, I would be curious to see how Democrats would fight against a socially progressive but fiscally conservative party.

They would probably argue American fiscal conservatism still means low social spending and tax cuts for the wealthy, which isn't that socially progressive and still harms a lot of middle- and lower-income communities, particularly for minorities. Unless by socially conservative you mean conservatives who aren't trying to stone gays and erect the Ten Commandments outside of every school and courthouse.

It's a common trend in OT unfortunately, from what I've noticed. Some users decide what is "the stance to have". Divert 1mm from that or question anything and you get piled on, your every word twisted and have some users trying to bait you into getting banned. Some of the worst group dynamics at play, it probably would be very interisting to someone studying human behaviour actually. And I'm not talking about obvious concern trolling but posts in the vain of the quoted "Pneumonia with elder people is very dangerous" making someone a Trump supporter.

I have no idea who Clockwork is, but I'm going to guess from pigeon's response that he might be a known Trump supporter whose "concern" around Hillary's diagnosis would have some obvious intent behind it.

Pepboy

Around here if you aren't 100% on Hillary's side then you are a Trump supporter.

Very true, even third party supporters get called Trump supporters because by not voting Hillary we are "implicitly" supporting Trump. People also seem to worry that we might "waste our vote" when many are stuck in a state that hasn't changed colors in two decades. I get if you are in a swing state, but otherwise supporting third parties could see federal funding in the next presidential election (or participation in the debates).

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

It likely happened during the primary, given we're also the #4 referrer to Bernie's site as well.

Also, no shit GAF is liberal. Half of the GOP's social issues platform is a bannable offence, and for good reason.

Rikudo

Banned
All these Trump supporters on here complaining like babies. SAD. Even low energy like Trump. SAD. They need their safe space gaiz. Too ashamed to even admit on here they support Trump. :)

S
A
D

Edit: I only stated this because it is being discussed in other places on the web and media and was curious on opinions. Its not to stir negatively, but to be open minded with other perspectives and debate about..

You should link these "other places" you're reading this on the web. I'm curious what kinds of sources you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom