• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Closer look at the Xbox One from a user who got the console early

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Fair enough. That's a shame. Wish he took more footage and Megauploaded that shiz.

He can still play Ghosts SP with a console ban, so it's not out of the question. Dunno if he's up for it though, lol.

dreamfall

Great OP!

Really neat info trickling out from this unboxing mess. But you highlighted some awesome things- those gamerpics!

Papercuts

So the day one patch is live already? I thought consoles would be unusable without it?

Yeah, maybe I should add more stuff about this. There's a 500mb update he got when he booted the console.

Re: Broken snap/OS, he was being so positive about everything that I saw some people on twitter accusing him of being a marketing ploy by MS until the console ban. So all that atleast seems perfectly fine, even with around 2 weeks to go.

Really? That kinda stinks. I thought it was a total replacement and id never have to see my cable box UI again.

I'm not sure if you're serious here. If you are then that's a testament to the confusion that has surrounded this console. I think a lot of people are still confused about what it does and doesn't actually do in regards to the HDMI pass-through.

Alx

So the day one patch is live already? I thought consoles would be unusable without it?

I was wondering the same thing. Did he manage to play out of the box, or could he install the day 1 patch ?
*edit, never mind, it got answered. 500M isn't much.

Justin

I was wondering the same thing. Did he manage to play out of the box, or could he install the day 1 patch ?
*edit, never mind, it got answered. 500M isn't much.

If you saw the unboxing video you would see that the dude was so excited that he probably didnt know or care about how the system would function without the patch and he downloaded it immediately.

MCD

I saw more info like audio format support. Any chance you can add it to the op among others?

nbnt

is responsible for the well-being of this island.
Are these screenshots taken by the console's DVR? You can take screenshots in the dashboard?

Papercuts

I saw more info like audio format support. Any chance you can add it to the op among others?

Sure, I know I missed a lot. It's a bastard trying to look at his twitter now, but I can try to add some of his comments as he had a lot.

Foxix Von

Wait. What?

You actually have to wait for the game to install halfway before you can play it? Am I reading that right? Do we know if games start at different percentages, or is this just a COD thing?

I was definitely not expecting that.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
That is from his PVR equipment not the system capture although he did say the system capture was the only thing about the system he found disappointing.

I'm wondering if it was the PVR capture of the DVR capture's playback.... I ask because while the gif was teribad, the actual MP4 the gif was sourced from seemed to be really smooth.

Justin

Wait. What?

You actually have to wait for the game to install halfway before you can play it? Am I reading that right?

I was definitely not expecting that.

It will probably depend on the game game. Some might let you start at 10% some might make you wait till the whole thing is installed.

Gowans

e3e477bb001822fd19460d52abeb5daf.png

I LOVE THiS FEATURE!

So handy to see what's gona be quick and great multi.

Justin

here

#2 Source 4 XBOX ONE ‏@ElWeaponSecreto 2h
And now sound options, HDMI: Stereo uncompressed, 5.1 uncompressed, 7.1 uncompressed, DTS digital surround, Optical: StereoUnCom DTS Digital

Here are the display and sound options: Res 1080p or 720p, HDMI or DVI, Color Depth 24 30 or 36 Bits per pixel,TV RGB limited or PC RGB full

cormack12

Gold Member
Seeing it almost out there is cool. There's some pretty nice features in there. Can't compare to PS4 too much yet but on their own I like:

>> Installng progress shown on Livetile
>> Challenges all in one place

Not sure on:

>> Grey tiles for achievements. Just look a bit meh.

I love the W8/Modern UI aspects, but goddamn do some of those screens look crowded as shit, for example this:

83b82bf699c12d9dd8d4389fd4dd6eee.png

Yo dog, we put tiles in your tiles so you can tile while you tile

Papercuts

His timing of stuff seemed all over the place so I wasn't sure about adding it, lol. He said 45 at first then apparently timed it with a stopwatch at 17.

Thanks.

I'm combing through and finding more stuff to add as well.

I'm a Sony fan and I like what I've seen from the One's interface... those gamerpics are sick. Hopefully he gets unbanned on launch.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
What I like most about this infodump is the 'top games right now' feature. MS never even mentioned it, but it's Steam-esque stuff like that I want to see more of.

Timed challenges is a pretty cool feature as well.

Tratorn

Some cool things (well not much new stuff, but cool to see it on a retail-box).
But I hate something like this:

They waste so much space that you can only see 6 achievements on the screen and have to scroll way too much.

Top Bottom